2018 Imagineer Forum News Center - Newsletters and Important Links!

spacemt354

Chili's
There hasn't been a newsletter in over a month, when will that change?
I think it might be best to switch to a monthly newsletter. While a weekly newsletter was fun for a while, it's an added 'chore' at times that we've tried to keep up with, but it's harder than it seems to keep everyone on track with not only the commitments to imagineering projects, but writing out a weekly summary as well. Especially if it's a slow week - there's little to 'summarize'

A monthly newsletter, if we got 12 people who might be interested in it, would then only require you to write 1 per year. And it would also improve the quality and care that is put into each one, seeing as there would be more content over the course of a month, and each could be unique in their own way.

Starting in July might be a good time for this - and then go on a month by month basis!

D Hulk

Random question. I'm assuming that @D Hindley is going to Shanghai Disneyland in September? And I'm heading to Tokyo Disneyland. Do you want us to write up reports for the monthly newsletter? Or do you want actual Trip Reports (Which it looks like @D Hindley has done before)
I’ll be seeing SDL at the trip’s very tail end; it’s maybe 5% of the trip overall. Was kinda considering trying a live trip report (Great Firewall permitting), with a more detailed TR on SDL specifically once I return. (Not sure what interest there’d be on WDWMagic for a Chinese cultural tourism TR.)

Voxel

President of Progress City
I’ll be seeing SDL at the trip’s very tail end; it’s maybe 5% of the trip overall. Was kinda considering trying a live trip report (Great Firewall permitting), with a more detailed TR on SDL specifically once I return. (Not sure what interest there’d be on WDWMagic for a Chinese cultural tourism TR.)
That could be fun, I always forget about the Great Firewall but on the positive I hear that Network Coverage is INSANE in China. Like full 4G LTE signal in the middle of no where.

I would be interested on it. I want to go to the Next Winter Olympics just to see China's Spin on it

D Hulk

That could be fun, I always forget about the Great Firewall but on the positive I hear that Network Coverage is INSANE in China. Like full 4G LTE signal in the middle of no where.

I would be interested on it. I want to go to the Next Winter Olympics just to see China's Spin on it
We’ll see how folks respond to the live updates, see if a post-trip is wanted too. Would love to follow along with your live Japanese adventures if possible!

Olympics-wise, am considering doing Tokyo again in 2020, and maybe seeing TDL’s B&tB too.

Voxel

President of Progress City
We’ll see how folks respond to the live updates, see if a post-trip is wanted too. Would love to follow along with your live Japanese adventures if possible!

Olympics-wise, am considering doing Tokyo again in 2020, and maybe seeing TDL’s B&tB too.
I want to do something. Not sure about recording videos? Or going live on Youtube? I'm not sure yet.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'll write the newsletter for this month - then perhaps we could have each of the following newsletters done the 1st of each month, to make it easy to remember scheduling wise. Planning out an entire year of newsletters right now will probably lead to most people forgetting, so maybe we take it on a month to month basis (sign up to write the next month's edition a week or two before it's due so it's fresh on your to-do list.

spacemt354

Chili's
August Newsletter

Welcome back to the Imagineering Newsletter! On the first day of each month, one of the imagineers here will present their own customized version of the Newsletter, which tends to summarize the events of the past weeks, and preview what's to come.

With that said - sit back, relax, and enjoy this edition of the Newsletter!

Page 1
2018-01-07.png

Summer tends to be a time when we see some new faces pop up around the imagineer forum - members who share the same passions as we do, and it's our role to make sure they feel welcome and able to engage in brainstorming and discussions. As has been tradition for the past few years - our very own @MonorailRed designs tametags for the new members. If you'd like a nametag, she'll be able to get to it this weekend - and post your intro to the New Imagineer Introduction Thread!
2018-07-25.png

2018-01-06.png

@Disney Dad 3000 - Disneyland Seoul

Having built of his years of experience in competition and group brainstorming threads - Disney Dad has set out to try his had at his own park, beginning with an idea for a London Town that eventually evolved into Disneyland Seoul. He just posted a neat video showing off some of his new skills he's practicing.
Disneyland Seoul Thread

@Evilgidgit - S.E.A. Cinematic Universe
The Society of Explorers and Adventures is a coveted aspect of armchair imagineering and Evilgidgit is doing a great job at assimilating many of the characters together into one cinematic universe. The dichotomy and detailed backstories of the characters gives him plenty to work off of and check it out to see his progress.
S.E.A Cinematic Universe Thread

@MANEATINGWREATH - Dream Disney Resort
As Walt always believed, Disneyland would never be complete - and the Dream Disney Resort by MEW is one in the same, as he has embarked to edit and finalize the entire park over again from last fall, editing and 'plussing' the park with his own vision. Check it out below!
Dream Disney Resort Thread

@FireMountain - Nintendo Cinematic Universe
Another franchise that has limitless possibilities when it comes to a creative cinematic universe, Fire is trying his hand at a Nintendo Universe, outlining phases and films for the future.

Nintendo Cinematic Universe Thread

Next, Page 2
Competitions

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Page 2
2018-01-06.png

One Sentence Competition Season 4 Episode 3
Hosted by @DisneyFan18
After a summer of quick thinking and innovative elevator pitches, we've reached the final rounds of this episode of the One Sentence Competition. A competition that is accessible and open, especially to newer imagineers, due to the 1-3 sentence pitches that the players contribute. It's quick and easy - and you're free to come and go as you please. This challenge (due tonight) is about Epcot's World Showcase.
----------------------

Challenge 10 Link

So, You Want To Be An Imagineer Season 17: The International Edition
Hosted by @TheOriginalTiki and @AceAstro
The International Edition has placed the players in foreign theme park locations throughout its duration, and led to some interesting projects as a whole. The reoccuring cast of 5-6 players are now tasked with designing an E-Ticket 'anime' attraction at either Tokyo DisneySea, Tokyo Disneyland, or Universal Studios Japan.
----------------------

Project 5 Link

Time For A Disney Overhaul Competition
Hosted by @nated1226
One of the newer members to the forum, hosting his first competition - Nate has brought us the 'Overhaul' comp, which is a spinoff of things such as Around the Resorts in 30 Days. With a larger sentence maximum (up to 50 sentences), unlike the One Sentence Competition, this allows the players to dive deeper into their concepts. Challenge 3 is about replacing Stitch's Great Escape.
----------------------

Challenge 3 Link

Next, Page 3
Upcoming Events and Summary

spacemt354

Chili's
Page 3
2018-01-06.png

screenshot_2018-07-26-13-36-14-2-png.298737

By @Pionmycake
Look out for more teasers for Pi's new 'little spark' thread coming soon!

Mary Poppins Attraction

By @kap91
Check out the trailer for kap's Mary Poppins: Jolly Holiday attraction which has been in development for the past few years. One of the most detailed and creative projects on the forum - it is sure to be something special when it's finished.

full

Club 32 Lounge - Chapter 2
The next big group brainstorming event is coming soon to a thread near you! After last year's successful Sydney Disneyland concept - there is still many more projects out there to explore. A second gate at an international park perhaps? You'll find out soon!

For now to get you excited - you can take a look back at last year's Sydney Disneyland theme park!
MSqePtX.jpg

Sydney Disneyland Theme Park

Quote of the Month
Walt-Disney-quotes-The-way-to-get-started-is-to-quit-talking-and-begin-doing.jpg

(My favorite quote, because it's so true...)

That's it for the August Edition of the Imagineering Newsletter - hope you enjoyed, have fun, and see ya real soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom