2020-Gaming discussion

Jahona

If anybody is a fan of The Pinball Arcade, you may be a little upset (or very mad in my case) to hear that WMS-- who owns the rights to all of Williams' and Bally's old games-- is terminating their license with FarSight Studios. All of the games from Williams and Bally will be removed for sale on June 30th, but any of the removed games you already own will be retained. Around 60 Williams and Bally games in total are being removed. When the games are pulled from the store, all that will be left are pinball machines Gottlieb, Data East/Sega/Stern, and Alvin G.

This is a major blow to the pinball community as these were the only official digital recreations of these games. If you'd still like to try these games, I recommend either learning about Visual Pinball for Windows or going out and playing these games in person if you're lucky enough to have pinball nearby.

One can only hope that FarSight will be able to come to an agreement with WMS, or that WMS will find another developer to give their license to.

Geez there's a lot of good tables in that lineup. I've included the list in the spoiler below.

Williams:
Tales of the Arabian Nights (1996)
Bride of Pin•Bot (1991)
Medieval Madness (1997)
Funhouse (1990)
Gorgar (1979)
Monster Bash (1998)
Black Knight (1980)
Taxi (1988)
No Good Gofers (1997)
Star Trek: The Next Generation (1993)
Firepower (1980)
White Water (1993)
Space Shuttle (1984)
Pin•Bot (1986)
Whirlwind (1990)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
Fish Tales (1992)
Black Knight 2000 (1989)
High Speed (1986)
Junk Yard (1996)
Diner (1990)
Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1993)
Earthshaker (1989)
Cyclone (1988)
Jack*Bot (1995)
Red & Ted’s Road Show (1994)
The Getaway: High Speed II (1992)
F-14 Tomcat (1987)
No Fear: Dangerous Sports (1995)
Hurricane (1991)
Swords of Fury (1988)
Firepower II (1983)
Spanish Eyes (1972)
Wild Card (1977)
Sorcerer (1985)
Banzai Run (1988)
Bally/Midway:
Theatre of Magic (1995)
Cirqus Voltaire (1997)
Creature from the Black Lagoon (1992)
Elvira and the Party Monsters (1989)
Scared Stiff (1996)
Twilight Zone (1993)
Attack From Mars (1995)
Dr. Dude (1990)
Cactus Canyon (1998)
Centaur (1981)
The Champion Pub (1998)
Black Rose (1992)
WHO dunnit (1995)
Party Zone (1991)
The Addams Family (1992)
Xenon (1980)
Safe Cracker (1996)
Judge Dredd (1993)
Fireball (1971)
Indy 500 (1995)
Eight Ball Deluxe (1981)
Doctor Who (1992)
Paragon (1978)
Fathom (1980)
World Cup Soccer (1994)

TwilightZone

Anyone else excited about the new pokemon (spin off) games? I am on team pikachu. I always liked pikachu more, it's more useful and cuter IMO compared to evee (evee doesn't get good moves until way later in my experiences).

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
It's just a filler game. Hopefully the actual real new game next year won't be more Genwunner pandering like this is

Mike S

Anyone else excited about the new pokemon (spin off) games? I am on team pikachu. I always liked pikachu more, it's more useful and cuter IMO compared to evee (evee doesn't get good moves until way later in my experiences).
I’m going Pikachu as well since it doesn’t look like we can evolve Eeeve into Espeon. It’ll be my first game since my dog chewed up my copy of Diamond where I had all but 6 Pokémon. I was so mad I quit playing lol.

TwilightZone

Thought you guys may enjoy this, the full version of the sonic cd usa soundtrack. Most sonic cd us soundtrack videos on youtube only have the condensed versions of the songs, but this has the full versions of the songs. There's also this, the official usa sonic cd album, but the full versions of the songs on the album are very different than the in-game versions.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Thought you guys may enjoy this, the full version of the sonic cd usa soundtrack. Most sonic cd us soundtrack videos on youtube only have the condensed versions of the songs, but this has the full versions of the songs. There's also this, the official usa sonic cd album, but the full versions of the songs on the album are very different than the in-game versions.
Thanks for the links! Sonic CD is one of my top Sonic games, I've even got an original Sega CD copy of the game. And unlike many fans I rather enjoy the US version of the soundtrack.

TwilightZone

The beta version of pokemon gold was leaked and I like almost every design. Here's my personal highlights
PokeGoldDemo-front_181.png

It's a shark with an anchor tail. So cool
PokeGoldDemo-front_205.png

Golden espeon! looks so cuddly
PokeGoldDemo-front_210.png

The name makes more sense now!
PokeGoldDemo-front_219.png

Look at him. He's an egg. A happy halo egg.
PokeGoldDemo-front_220.png

Bart simpson hair > afro
PokeGoldDemo-front_223.png

Adorable!
PokeGoldDemo-front_224.png

It's a fire seal of coolness.
PokeGoldDemo-front_225.png

I love how the beta looks more like santa
PokeGoldDemo-front_237.png

PokeGoldDemo-front_238.png

It's super fluffy. This pokemon is the werewolf pokemon so it may have become lycanrock.
PokeGoldDemo-front_240.png

It's weird looking, but better than lickilicky
PokeGoldDemo-front_244.png

Beta entei, he looks so smug.
PokeGoldDemo-front_231.png

He's wearing a witch hat
PokeGoldDemo-front_239.png

This is porygon 2. Yes really. Still cute though.
PokeGoldDemo-front_246.png

Beta sneasel!
PokeGoldDemo-front_196.png

BABY MEOWTH. ONLY POKE I NEED.
PokeGoldDemo-front_160.png

Finally the seal starter's final evolution. Why the male versions of Primarina don't evolve into this I don't know.
The rest.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
E3 is here and I’m hoping for some new announcements of games instead of rehash’s.

If Elders Scrolls six gets announced it will be the biggest news no matter what, not a fan myself but the game is huge. Only thing that could top it would be a new GTA announcement.

Personally I’m going to watch EA’s livestream, it’s going to be interesting.

Mike S

E3 is here and I’m hoping for some new announcements of games instead of rehash’s.

If Elders Scrolls six gets announced it will be the biggest news no matter what, not a fan myself but the game is huge. Only thing that could top it would be a new GTA announcement.

Personally I’m going to watch EA’s livestream, it’s going to be interesting.
I hope Bethesda announces DOOM 2. After that I’m most excited for Nintendo and Sony.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
So today kicked off E3 and this is what EA announced so far:
-Battlefield 5
-FIFA 19
-Madden 19
-Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
-Unravel Two
-Sea of Solitude
-NBA Live 19
-Command & Conquer: Rivals
-Anthem

Mike S

So today kicked off E3 and this is what EA announced so far:
-Battlefield 5
-FIFA 19
-Madden 19
-Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
-Unravel Two
-Sea of Solitude
-NBA Live 19
-Command & Conquer: Rivals
-Anthem
Of course the Star Wars game doesn’t get anything. It would’ve been the biggest reveal for me. Also, throughout the whole thing you could tell EA was desperate to get people’s trust back. They’ve got a looooooong way to go.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
That had to have been the worst Game announcement I have ever seen, it would have been better to not just say anything until they actually had something real to tell us or show other than lightsaber ! Dark Times ! blegh

Mike S

That had to have been the worst Game announcement I have ever seen, it would have been better to not just say anything until they actually had something real to tell us or show other than lightsaber ! Dark Times ! blegh
It was so cringey too.

Jahona

So the biggest take away is that EA is ditching the loot box trend. After getting hammered hard for Battelfront II it doesn't surprise me. The Origin Plus subscription seemed a bit wrong to announce at E3 it went from a news press conference to a share holder meeting in an instant. Now we just have to figure out what EA is going to do to earn money post release.

Battlefield V is looking a lot better than that terrible reveal trailer we got a few weeks ago. I could see myself picking this up and playing. I'm still getting enjoyment from Battlefield 1.

Anthem looks ambitious, we'll have to see were it goes towards the end of the year.

The Star Wars game from Respawn could be good. Titanfall 1 and 2 were great games with fun mechanics. I have high hopes.

Overall the press conference seemed a partial apology to users but just lacked sincerity. Over all it was pretty lackluster and just didn't feel grand for E3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom