Trip Report 2016 Disney Cruise To Western Caribbean and F&W Festival

Hello Friends!

It feels like it has been ages since I post a complete trip report on this forum. My last one was an abbreviated report on the Wanyama Safari that we took during one of our trips. And before that, my last complete trip report was on the Trade City, USA pin trading event back in 2010! That was 6 years ago! Whoa!

So I thought it is about time I do another report. This will be ongoing that will include a visit to the Kennedy Space Center, a 7-night cruise on the Disney Fantasy, and finally, a few days at WDW. We leave for FL tomorrow heading off to Orlando. Then, after a quick stop at Disney Springs to renew our annual passes, we'll make a quick hop to Epcot, and then we'll pick up a couple of our friends who will be arriving mid afternoon at MCO before heading to Cocoa Beach.

We will visit the Kennedy Space Center on Friday, and then our cruise will commence on Saturday. We will get back to Port Canaveral the following Saturday. Our port-of-calls will be Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and of course, Castaway Cay. I have been on a few Disney Cruises before (all of them on the Disney Dream). This will be my first time on the Disney Fantasy, and it will also be my first Halloween Cruise!
01f5dcff8ee4b3898b7b85f6e6b2efb54cb7e549f3.jpg

And yes, I am very looking forward to it. I have my costume ready!

We will do a number of planned excursion at the various port-of-calls. I'm planning to tour the ruins at Cozumel, and we will do the zip-line plus the bob-sled run in Jamaica. Yeah!

When we get to WDW, we have tickets for the Star Wars dessert party and MNSSHP. And of course, we will be doing F&W festival.

So this will be a packed and exciting trip! I will try to post my reports whenever I can during the trip, but as you can guess, not much during the cruise since I won't have an internet connection (maybe at the port-of-calls since we have international roaming on T-mobile). I hope no one will mind if I also include a report on the Kennedy Space Center on here.

Still have a few more things to pack before our early morning flight tomorrow. I just know that I won't be able to sleep much tonight!

Zz.

littleroo

Hello Friends!

It feels like it has been ages since I post a complete trip report on this forum. My last one was an abbreviated report on the Wanyama Safari that we took during one of our trips. And before that, my last complete trip report was on the Trade City, USA pin trading event back in 2010! That was 6 years ago! Whoa!

So I thought it is about time I do another report. This will be ongoing that will include a visit to the Kennedy Space Center, a 7-night cruise on the Disney Fantasy, and finally, a few days at WDW. We leave for FL tomorrow heading off to Orlando. Then, after a quick stop at Disney Springs to renew our annual passes, we'll make a quick hop to Epcot, and then we'll pick up a couple of our friends who will be arriving mid afternoon at MCO before heading to Cocoa Beach.

We will visit the Kennedy Space Center on Friday, and then our cruise will commence on Saturday. We will get back to Port Canaveral the following Saturday. Our port-of-calls will be Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and of course, Castaway Cay. I have been on a few Disney Cruises before (all of them on the Disney Dream). This will be my first time on the Disney Fantasy, and it will also be my first Halloween Cruise!
View attachment 168931
And yes, I am very looking forward to it. I have my costume ready!

We will do a number of planned excursion at the various port-of-calls. I'm planning to tour the ruins at Cozumel, and we will do the zip-line plus the bob-sled run in Jamaica. Yeah!

When we get to WDW, we have tickets for the Star Wars dessert party and MNSSHP. And of course, we will be doing F&W festival.

So this will be a packed and exciting trip! I will try to post my reports whenever I can during the trip, but as you can guess, not much during the cruise since I won't have an internet connection (maybe at the port-of-calls since we have international roaming on T-mobile). I hope no one will mind if I also include a report on the Kennedy Space Center on here.

Still have a few more things to pack before our early morning flight tomorrow. I just know that I won't be able to sleep much tonight!

Zz.
Have a great vacation. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

LeighM

Can't wait to hear about your cruise. We have a cruise scheduled next year on the Dream but I think we're going to have to cancel :(

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning!

It's 4 am, and I'm all dressed and ready to go. We get picked up for the airport in another 45 minutes.

I think I have everything, but I'm slightly paranoid that I may have forgotten something, especially on a trip this long.

We called the hotel that we will be staying on Cocoa Beach a couple of days ago just to see if they survived Matthew. They did. So we are all set.

BTW, I just realized that writing a live report to this forum using the web browser on my iPhone might not be possible. So I bit the bullet and installed the ap. We'll see how that goes! :)

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Greetings from Cocoa Beach!

We got to our hotel just a few minutes ago. We are resting a bit before heading out for dinner.

Spent the afternoon at Disney Springs and had lunch at The Boathouse. We then made a quick stop at Epcot before picking up our friends at the airport and then headed off to here.

There was a bit of a scattered showers around the area, but nothing significant. We still see piles of cut branches by the street waiting for pick up. I'm sure those came from the clean up of Matthew.

Tomorrow we do the Kennedy Space Center.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning!

I woke up waaaay too early, so I decided to just clean up, get dressed, and head down to the lobby for breakfast.

My Disney Cruise Line Navigator app seems to indicate that I am 17 hours away from my vacation. Not that far off. I'm about 24 hours away from heading off to Port Canaveral for the cruise.

IMG_0950.JPG

In the meantime, today promises to be a fun one. We will be heading off to the Kennedy Space Center this morning, and spending most of the day there. We haven't been there since 2012, so it has been awhile.

I'd better finish my breakfast before sunrise. It is still dark outside, but I want to catch the sunrise on the beach and maybe snap a few photos.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning! Our Cruise that we have been planning for almost the past year is finally here!

We still have a few hours left to get breakfast before we check out of our hotel and return our rental vehicle. Then it will be off to Port Canaveral!

I'm almost all packed, just a few toiletries left to stuff into the luggage. But as you can see here, Donald is already raring to go!

IMG_0954.JPG

All our friends who will be on this cruise are safely here overnight. So it is just a matter of getting to Port Canaveral this morning and sailing off!

Adult Daycare, here I come!!

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom