2014 Dining Plan!

iheartmmouse

Original Poster
Just booked our 2014 trip! So excited! We are taking our good friend, who has never been to WDW (he's 30)!
Anyway, for the last few weeks we've (DH and I) been telling him about all the great places we will eat at through the dining plan, blah blah blah. Well tonight our friend and I were going through the pdf for 2014 and I couldn't believe my eyes! Most of the options for Table-service are GONE! For example, AK went from having 3 (in 2013) options,now in 2014 there's only 1!!! EPCOT went from having 12 options, now there's 4! AND there are NO table service available in DTD!

What's going on?!? I was so embarrassed, but luckily he was still excited.

wdwfan4ver

This happens every year around this time. 3rd party Restaurants don't show up on the dinning plan. A good example is not all 12 Epcot Restaurants were on the Disney Dining plan in 2013 back in August of 2012 as an example. They were added in November or December of 2012.

Disney has to talk to 3rd party venders and get an agreement done to be on the Disney Dining plan. This a normal procedure. The 2014 Disney Planning is going to be set in Stone in what Restaurants be part of the plan in December.

wdwfan4ver

The amount of restaurants at DTD for 2014 on the Dining Plan will be slightly smaller. Captain Jacks is going away in mid August of this year. It's part of the current Disney Springs plan that wouldn't completed before 2016 to 2018 time period that would have more restaurants, and shops than currently.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
This happens every year. The Dining Plan restaurants will not usually be finalized/added until late December. Never go by what you see when the list first comes out as alot will be missing. :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Over the years, for the most part, it has been safe to make ADRs based on which restaurants are on the current year's list for the following year. It is very rare that any that are listed won't be again. If one you book is no longer listed, it's not impossible to find a replacement.

Mawg

I asked the same question in 2012, got the same responses. It took a long time for the 3rd party places to show up on the PDF's. I want to say even late December last year but in the end it was the same list.

iheartmmouse

Original Poster
Thank you EVERYONE for your responses! As always, you guys are the BEST!!! This is the first time we didn't book the same year we are going (ex. booked in Feb to go in Nov), so this situation has never came up. Thanks again everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom