2013 Vacation Planning DVD

I_heart_Tigger

Sorry if this has been asked before but I did a search and couldn't find a real answer...

I heard that a crew was spotted earlier this year doing some filming which appeared to be for a new vacation planning DVD. Now that the new rates are out does anyone know if a new DVD is out as well?

I would love to see a new one this year...actually with the FL expansion I would hope that there would be additional scenes filmed each year (I said hope...not expect) :rolleyes:

jlsHouston

I dunno but I did order one when I created a new account using my business email a week ago ..trying to get disney to send me one of those PIN codes..

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

The 2013 Vacation Planner will not be out until the End of the year...Yet again 2011 & 2012 Planning DVD's are the same...
Now on the other hand....If you saw any of these 4 People...
erin.jpg
luke.jpg

stacy.jpg
dave.jpg

Then I would be excited to see the Vacation Planning Dvd..Heck Dave & Erin can host it...

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

We saw filming when we were in the world in the middle of June. There was filming in Frontierland in the MK and in the lobby of Art of Animation. We all suspected it was for the new planning DVD. My guess would be it will be out Around Late November/December.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

It would be nice to have something new. I'm not sure why, but the "hosts" for the 2012 DVD (the main one, with the repetitive arm gestures and the V-neck top that mysteriously goes back and forth from "revealing" to "obviously-safety-pinned for modesty" in several shots, and the woman with the inscrutable, bizzare accent who blithely advises us, "I say, let the kids do whatever the h#&$ they want" (paraphrasing, there), get on my nerves a bit. I'm one of those cheese-loving types who really dug the early-2000s videos, which had an emotional, narrative feel, instead of a choppy point-and-click format.

I also wish Disney would put, as an Easter Egg or a bonus video on the DVDs, a "We're going to Disney World!" announcement screen. It would be a nice tool for parents to use to surprise the kids -- and then watch the video together to get excited for the vacation. (I e-mailed the idea to WDW, and got a form letter from the legal team saying they "automatically discard all unsolicited ideas for 'merchandise' so they were deleting my suggestion without reading it to avoid any liability should they actually produce a similar product in the future, thankyouverymuch" -- sheesh!). So there's a business idea for some enterprising, tech-savvy person out there: customized "we're going to Disney" announcement videos, with park footage, music, and personalized messages to the kids! I've looked online and can't find anything quite like it -- I see a few parents that did their own and posted them on Youtube, but nothing for sale, and nothing generic that other families could use themselves.

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

We saw filming when we were in the world in the middle of June. There was filming in Frontierland in the MK and in the lobby of Art of Animation. We all suspected it was for the new planning DVD. My guess would be it will be out Around Late November/December.

At first I thought it was this video..I could be wrong as this girl Patti is "virtually" there...

Also Sad and Ironic fact..Patti was the Female host of the Ill Fated Habit Heroes..Looks like they got her doing other things now..
HabitHeroes2.jpg

Upvote 0

Sparkle81

I'm gutted that we aren't able to get the planning DVDs in the UK :( We're allowed to order a mini planning guide (called something like The Little Book of Magic) and can watch video snippets online on the website, but it's not the same....

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

I'm gutted that we aren't able to get the planning DVDs in the UK :( We're allowed to order a mini planning guide (called something like The Little Book of Magic) and can watch video snippets online on the website, but it's not the same....

Im surprised by that... I wouldn't mind ordering and sending a DVD your way. That is... if they hurry up and put out the new dvd. :mad:I actually have 3 copies of the 2013 DVD :oops::happy::oops: lol

Upvote 0

Sparkle81

Im surprised by that... I wouldn't mind ordering and sending a DVD your way. That is... if they hurry up and put out the new dvd. :mad:I actually have 3 copies of the 2013 DVD :oops::happy::oops: lol
Haha, I'd be just the same ;)
Thank you so much for the offer- really, really kind of you. I guess that the DVDs might not play on our DVD players over here, though? :( I wonder if that is one of the reasons that we're not able to order them here. I guess it's cheaper for them just to make it on one format.

Upvote 0

Mark Landin

Can't believe we can no longer get planner DVD here in UK... I haven't been to WDW since 2011 and I am going again next year for a big family holiday and my sister and brother-in-law who is also going with us haven't been for years. Actually my brother-in-law has never been. Went onto site to order planner DVD which I could take round so we could all watch it together and they no longer have one for the UK. Well gutted about that as the brochure which came through isn't particularly great.
Does anyone know the reason behind Disney stopping DVD for outside US/Canada as most people have multi-region DVD players these days so its not as though we wouldn't be able to watch the DVD.

Upvote 0

Mark Landin

Many thanks for the link to the video, it is very much appreciated. I found out about the link a couple of days ago and its ok for me to watch. My sister and brother-in-law don't have internet access so they are unable to watch it.
I tried to rip the video and encode to disc but the quality came out terrible and also you can't select the chapter you want like you can on proper DVD.
It just makes me laugh how Disney are happy to sell movies but when someone wants to book a vacation to visit the parks they won't provide the holiday planner DVD.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom