2010 Epcot Festival

Scrappyreader

Original Poster
Hello! I am a new member and I am so glad I found this site. I've been a huge Disney fan for as long as I can recall.

Does anyone have any specific info regarding the 2010 Epcot Flower Festival? Like, what each of the toparies are made with, any behind-the-scenes info? My family and I just returned from Epcot last weekend. I am now working on my scrapbook with the pics from the festival and would love to include info on the specific toparies and/or behind-the-scenes info. I have e-mailed Disney asking for this, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet. Any help and/or info you could give me would be great. Thanks!

Hollie

Captain Hank

Welcome to WDWMagic!

The primary plant material for Disney topiaries is creeping fig. Other plants are used as appropriate to achieve specific effects, along with dyed and painted dried moss. If you would like to post pictures of specific topiaries, I'll do my best to identify what's growing on them (no promises, though :) ). The primary structure of the topiary is a wire frame stuffed with growing media (usually sphagmum moss, if memory serves), which has an irrigation system threaded through it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom