2 yr olds 1st trip

mickeyismyhero

Original Poster
I have a 2 year old who loves mickey mouse and pooh:) We went last year but didnt take her because she was always a sick little girl and i didnt want the change of the weather to make her sicker.Any way she is better now and i was wondering if there is anything that is a must do for her. Her Favorite is Mickey mouse and Bambi but they dont have Bambi there that i know of.We are going to be there from december the 7th to the 13th and staying at pop century.I cant wait im so excited because this will be her 1st trip my second but to see her with all the excitment is what has me so excited:xmas: Thank you very much :)

danpam1024

Definitely Crystal Palace (pooh and friends) and Chef Mickey's. The characters are so gentle and she'll get some one on one time with her favs. Christmastime is beautiful, Osborne Lights would be fun for a little one too :xmas: Have fun planning, it's magical seeing the world thru your childs eyes, there's nothing like it :)

Kelsybelle

Definitely Crystal Palace (pooh and friends) and Chef Mickey's. The characters are so gentle and she'll get some one on one time with her favs. Christmastime is beautiful, Osborne Lights would be fun for a little one too :xmas: Have fun planning, it's magical seeing the world thru your childs eyes, there's nothing like it :)

Oh, you definatley want to go to the Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's! My 20 month old loved it and we have great pictures! You'll have a great time!

Hollywood Play and Dine and Liberty Tree Tavern were a big hit with my 2 year old. Just try to prepare her that Mickey is not 12 inches like on TV, he is as big as mommy and daddy!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The first time I took my youngest she was 18 months. I have some great video of her dancing with Pooh. I have a nice brochure that I give my clients who have children 5 and under. It's very helpful in planning what to do with young children.

If she likes Playhouse Disney make sure you make a dining reservation for the character breakfast at the Hollywood and Vine.

Pam

SAV

AK has(at least had last year) a character spot that has Pooh, Tig, Piglet and eeyore all in one spot. If I remember correctly, it is located on the right side of the "road" as you head into Dinoland from the Tree of Life.

Maybe someone who has been there recently can confirm...hell, I'll be able to confirm this in a week and a half since I will be returning from my trip. I'll let you know.

KC82271

I have to agree with everyone else - Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. My DD will be 3 next week and has been there 4 times - starting at 10 months. Each trip, except 5 weeks ago's, we did both CP and CM. Unfortunately, this time we didn't. She wasn't too happy with me. We did try Playhouse Disney's breakfast over in the Studios, but it was okay. Nothing compares to the other two.

My DD was at 2, and still is, fascinated with Figment in Epcot. We ride that about 6 times each trip....enough!!!! The Nemo ride at Epcot is great for them too.

At the Studios, the only thing she likes is the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area. She doesn't sit long enough through the Playhouse Disney show, and hates the dark in Little Mermaid - so we do very little time there.

Animal Kingdom she enjoys. She won't sit through the shows, but loves seeing the animals, especially on Rafiki's Planet Watch - be sure to catch that.

Enjoy it! Be sure to video it, as my daughter can watch her previous trips non-stop. We are headed back in 5 months and she (again only turning 3 next week) is planning out the week's itinerary!

coltow

When DS was 2 1/2. MK was is favorite park and AK his second favorite. DHS doesn't have that much for the smaller kids and EPCOT was very boring for him especially because he really was too young to participate at the kidcot stops. Plan to spend most of your time at MK.

It's easier to see and spend time with characters at meals instead of waiting in line. We always do at least 1 but usuallt more. If your little one loves Pooh that Crystal Palace is not to be missed. Chef Mickey's, Liberty Tree Tavern and Garden Grill are also good spots to meet the rest.

mickeyismyhero

Original Poster
thank you everyone for all your help She loves Pooh and mickey tig as she calls him and for some reason she has always loved mary poppins ever since she was a few months old in the hospital she would watch it :) So after some thought i came up with this safari celebration dinner the 1st night we are there but is that something she would loose interest in?? I have the char. breakfast for every day we are there and i have to do the mickeys very merry chirstmas party and the backyard bbq because i know the others will love it but im not sure.THank you everyone for you help :) The closer it gets the more excited i get!

danpam1024

DHS doesn't have that much for the smaller kids.

I disagree, DHS has Playhouse Disney, Little Mermaid, Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground, and the Playhouse characters at Hollywood and Vine. DAK has just as much for the little ones as MK if you really think about it, not rides per se, but just exploring. Have fun!!!

coltow

Some kids are afraid of Little Mermaid show, because of the darkness. Sure there is Playhouse show and characters, but compared to what is available at MK and AK, this is just not someplace DS enjoyed when he was that age. He didn't care for the playground becuase there were just too many kids there.

mickeyismyhero

Original Poster
my concern is if i would take her to the play groud the other kids would run her over.Because she is so small even though some moron thought she was 3 lol she wears a size 3 in diapers and only wear 18 months because of her legs other wise smaller things fit. Maybe im just over protective.
:xmas:

PolynesianMedic

Honestly I have taken my 4 1/2 y/o DS 3 times already (18 months, 2 1/2 and just shy of 4). We have taken him on every ride that he is able to get on, and he loves them all! I would say that this is the best approach. As far as the MUST see items, they have all been covered pretty well. The only thing that I would add would be the fireworks shows. Fantasmic especially! Then Wishes at the MK would be the next one to see. Seeing Tinker Bell fly from the castle is something that everyone gets a kick out of.

clee687

My son was 20 months on his first WDW trip and his favorite thing was Pooh's playground (across from his ride). I understand the overprotective thing--we tried for 12 years before we ever got pregnant and he's our only one-so he's lucky we don't have him in a bubble!!! He had never been around so many kids a t one time and was a little jumpy but he wouldv'e spent his whole vacation there, I think. He liked the characters from a distance but not up close(I was sooooo disappointed). He would ride any ride but absolutely would not stay put for any show(Muppets,Playhouse Disney, the one in front of the castle) or parade(again I was sooooo disappointed). So my advice is...hope your daughter enjoys the shows, characters, parades but know where to go for some low key activites (Mickey's and Minnie's houses and gardens, playgrounds in every park, any fountain, the light up sidewalk blocks at Epcot-these were all fascinating)just in case she doesn't. Have a great trip-wish I could go this year!

Our son is 25 mos. old and we are itching to take him to WDW, but as you know, little temperaments are unpredictable. We've been "training" and "testing" at local attractions to gauge readiness. Clee 687 gives the best advice, hope for your little one to love the attractions, shows and parades, but expect that their favorite thing may just be a playground or pool. That being said, it's Disney! You're going to have a ball just being together and exploring.

cemeb4dk

I have an almost 2 1/2 year old daughter which has been there 6 times already and will be back for number 7 over Thanksgiving. Everytime we are there its a different experience. In her earlier visits she loved the characters, these past few times she was a bit wary of them except for the princesses and Daisy and PLuto everyone else she was a bit scared of. So you know your child better than anyone and knows what he/she can tolerate. My daughter is like me she want s to go go go and not stop and absorb as much as she can. She doesn't want to nap eat or anything so ride the rides and see everything. She is now 38" and we just took her to our local six flags and she rode everything that she was able to ride and loved it all. She was actually bored with the more kid friendly rides. My wife and I got a kick out of it. So like I said you know your kids better than anyone, just go into relaxed and be prepared to chenge plans if needed to do your childs mood. But the thing my wife and I enjoy most is that we know she wont remember much of these trips if any ( although she remembers her last one in March) we are creating memories for ourselves. As you know they grow so fast, and soon maybe wont think WDW is as cool as we think or they think now so do everything you can take as many pics as you can and most of all enjoy yourselves.

SAV

AK has(at least had last year) a character spot that has Pooh, Tig, Piglet and eeyore all in one spot. If I remember correctly, it is located on the right side of the "road" as you head into Dinoland from the Tree of Life.

Maybe someone who has been there recently can confirm...hell, I'll be able to confirm this in a week and a half since I will be returning from my trip. I'll let you know.

Yes...I can now confirm that the Character spot is still there. You may not get all of the characters, though. It depends on the timing. We were able to see Pooh and Tig in the back of the UK at Epcot.

mrssparrow

We've taken our now 5 year old to disney 4 times now since he was 3. We play it by ear every day with the usual routine being early morning parks, then right after lunch we head back to the resort to swim and rest. We then head back to the parks for dinner and night fun. The afternoons in the resort have become the best way to beat the heat as well as give a break in the day to relax and catch a nap. As fun as Disney is, we have to take that midday break or he (and we) wouldn't last.

ALSO! we have always brought the single server drink mixes that you put in water bottles! That has been a lifesaver as water is not always a tot's favorite. They have just about every flavor nowadays in the singles!

mickeyismyhero

Original Poster
No matter what she does i will enjoy it but once she figures out there is pooh and mickey mouse nothing else will matter to her unless she finds a bambi lol she loves that Deer more then anything not sure why but she does.Took her to sesame place in pa she did great went on the little water rides with her. She loved it she was cuddled up to me and was yelling weeee that was fun. With that little test i have a idea on how it will be at disney her favorite thing to do is ride Carrousel's so when she get there i know where alot of time is going to be spent lol..I cant wait!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom