2 resorts, 2 Magic Bands?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We have a split stay coming up and have received two separate emails to order Magic Bands for each resort. (Each resort is under a different reservation number). I ordered both sets to be safe. Is this ok? My other question is that we are Annual Pass holders and our reservations are for a week after our AP's will expire. We have not paid for renewal yet. Should we renew now, any suggestions? Thanks for any advice

JohnD

Regarding MBs, sure. I think it's crazy that WDW sends multiple MBs--it's just a waste of money on their part-- but in the end it's just another convenience for charges to end up on your Visa anyway. You may actually end up with an added bonus -- using the second set for three more FPs+s either in the same park or another park on the same day.

"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

Tom

Beta Return
We have a split stay coming up and have received two separate emails to order Magic Bands for each resort. (Each resort is under a different reservation number). I ordered both sets to be safe. Is this ok? My other question is that we are Annual Pass holders and our reservations are for a week after our AP's will expire. We have not paid for renewal yet. Should we renew now, any suggestions? Thanks for any advice

You can have as many Magic Bands as Disney will send you (which, for now, will be for every single resort reservation you make). We will be getting 3 bands, per person, for our Feb/Mar trip, since we'll be staying at 3 Disney resorts.

When you get them, link them to your My Disney Experience account, using the serial numbers on the bands. Then, they'll be interchangeable. For example, if you order a Blue and a Pink one for yourself, and you link them both to your MDE account, you can alternate which one you wear because they'll both work.

As for the AP question - I'm not entirely sure. I suggest you go ahead and link your current APs to your MDE account. Then, when the 60-day FP+ window opens, see if it will let you book FPs. If so, you should be good. If not, you'd want to get your renewal vouchers ASAP and link them to your account (I think that's possible now).

Rob562

Regarding MBs, sure. I think it's crazy that WDW sends multiple MBs--it's just a waste of money on their part-- but in the end it's just another convenience for charges to end up on your Visa anyway. You may actually end up with an added bonus -- using the second set for three more FPs+s either in the same park or another park on the same day.

"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

The Bands (and RFID cards) don't work that way. Bands and Cards are just pointers back to your MDE profile, which is where your FP+ reservations are stored. So whether you use the blue one or the pink one (to use Tom's example) they'd both reference to your profile and pull from the same FP+ reservations. You don't get separate FP+ reservations for each Band.

-Rob

dreamfinder

You may actually end up with an added bonus -- using the second set for three more FPs+s either in the same park or another park on the same day.

Only if they had a second MDE account with a second set of admission media associated with it. The MB's get tagged to your MDE account along with your admission media, hotel reservation, dining, etc. A single MDE account can have multiple MBs, KTTW cards, etc associated to it that all point back to that single MDE account. If you were issued a KTTW and MBs, if you check your MDE account, you should see both a card and band tagged to it. You can use them interchangeably, but only can make one set of bookings.

JohnD

Only if they had a second MDE account with a second set of admission media associated with it. The MB's get tagged to your MDE account along with your admission media, hotel reservation, dining, etc. A single MDE account can have multiple MBs, KTTW cards, etc associated to it that all point back to that single MDE account. If you were issued a KTTW and MBs, if you check your MDE account, you should see both a card and band tagged to it. You can use them interchangeably, but only can make one set of bookings.

Thanks for clarifying.

PolynesianPrincess

I already have 3 MBs from 2 previous trips. Is there any way I can decline a new MB? I feel like it is such a waste for us to get another new one on our trip February. Can we just use the MBs we already have?

minniemickeyfan

I had this same problem recently. We have reservations starting Jan 1 and our passes were good through Jan 1st. So I could make FP+ Resevations for only that day. I then renewed the annual passes, waited for the vouchers to come, and when they did I entered the voucher numbers, and then I could make FP+ for the rest of the trip. If I had done all this sooner, I wouldn't have had to wait to make the reservations. We are also doing a 3 resort stay so I have 3 sets of MB's.

minniemickeyfan

You can have as many Magic Bands as Disney will send you (which, for now, will be for every single resort reservation you make). We will be getting 3 bands, per person, for our Feb/Mar trip, since we'll be staying at 3 Disney resorts.

When you get them, link them to your My Disney Experience account, using the serial numbers on the bands. Then, they'll be interchangeable. For example, if you order a Blue and a Pink one for yourself, and you link them both to your MDE account, you can alternate which one you wear because they'll both work.

As for the AP question - I'm not entirely sure. I suggest you go ahead and link your current APs to your MDE account. Then, when the 60-day FP+ window opens, see if it will let you book FPs. If so, you should be good. If not, you'd want to get your renewal vouchers ASAP and link them to your account (I think that's possible now).
Yes, I was able recently to link annual pass vouchers to my account and then it let me make FP+.

dreamfinder

I already have 3 MBs from 2 previous trips. Is there any way I can decline a new MB? I feel like it is such a waste for us to get another new one on our trip February. Can we just use the MBs we already have?

As of now, nope. Perhaps once they get all the kinks worked out.

Rob562

While you can't currently opt out of getting additional Bands with you new reservation, you *can* re-use your old Bands on future trips. (Choose different colors to give you additional options)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom