2 Reservations and can't decide which one to give up!!!

Vellamint

Original Poster
I am sitting here with 6 days left till we go and have 2 reservations for our first 3 nights...

Wilderness Cabins
HIFS

We have 4 children ages 12, 11, 9 and 9....

Please someone help me decide......I can't seem to cancel either one of them and only have until tomorrow to cancel the cabin or forfeit my depost!

We DO have a rental car so transportation issues do not pertain to us and the difference in price between the two resorts is $150 with HIFS being the lesser (plus the free breakfast).

HELP!!!

Yellow Shoes

I think my "rule" about off-site lodging is about to be broken.

I would go with HIFS.

Many people are quite happy with this hotel.

IMHO, Ft. Wilderness is the least themed of all Disney properties. Unless, of course, your family will be happy in a more rustic atmosphere with less real world noise and glitz.

The pools at Ft. W are adequate but not that exciting--they're probably better at the Holiday Inn.

These family suites look like a lot of fun, and I think, given your family situation, I'd give them a try.

Plus, IMHO, money (and a free breakfast) talks.

Pioneer Hall

If it is only the first three nights I would say the Cabins. If you will be going to a different resort afterward, you might as well enjoy the Disney atmosphere the entire trip. If it was for the entire trip, I would go with the HIFS...but that is just because Ft. Wilderness isn't my type of resort. Really it is a preference thing here, but for three days I would say to try the Cabins.

careship

Fort Wilderness has always been my favorite. Your kids are older and can enjoy the pools, basketball courts and biking or fishing. (If they aren't into those things, stay off-site.) I love the stables and the animals and biking beaching and boating. It is also a nice boat ride from MK and Wilderness Lodge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom