2 Oct to 10 Oct Trip

I've been off the computer for quite a while as it decided to crash on me. I have a few pointers to through in there, that I am not sure whether or not they have been published yet
Day 1: Arrived early evening and quickly checked into shades of green. Looking at what time the parks closed, we took the chance at Epcot. Mind you the two year old also took a 20 min nap (only) on the plane. When we walked up to gate off the monorail, I thought it would be swamped. The line to get the diaper bag checked was long but everybody (to include those who did not have bags) was trying to get through there. We got to hit Future World for a few minutes before we decided to find dinner (w/no priority seating) Well, that did not go to well as we could not get into San Angel at all, Italy was about an hour + wait and so did everything else look like. Ended up going to San Angel cafe and reserved a spot for Illuminations.

Day 2: Breakfast at Ohanas was going great until my 2 yo flipped out when Mickey gave her a hug. All character greeting was off from that moment on. Did not end up getting into the Magic Kindgom till 2ish and it was packed. Got through Pirates in about 30, Tiki room in 10, and Jungle cruise in 30 too. We took our chances at going to Ohanas to be there at 445 so we could get a standby slot. Were intially told "no" but I reengaged 40 minutes later and had better sucess (Ohanas was booked solid the whole trip). Shot back over to the MK, when we caught the middle of Spectromagic and did get in "Wishes". Note to selves- there is construction going on just on the other side of the walkways throught the train station. Stroller manuevering is impossible.

Day 3: Epcot! Did not make till 11____ as the baby slept in. Got in the land and Circle of Life. But imaginations was down. The wife and I tried to keep the little one entertained hoping it would come back up, but it never did. Went over to Canada and at that time the lil one crashed. I snuck into the beer sampling outside Rose and Crown and Sam Adams at the American Adventure. Shot back to get a change of clothes (as we got soaked) and then back for San Angel. Stayed in the park for the Extra hours and knocked out Test Track, Soarin, Land and tale end of Illuminations. TT kept getting shut down for the rain.

Day 4:
Headed to the AK pretty late and made the safari first on the trip. By the time we got to the park the sun broke through the never ending overcast, and it was a steam bath. All the animals were seeking shade so it was somewhat disappointing for my daughter. Took the train and did get the petting zoo in. Rainforest Cafe provided some good chow and by the time we got out it was pouring again. While hovering around shelter we were able to get 4 alternate rides of Dinosaur in while the other parent spent the time in Dinoland. With lots of food still in stomach's we tried to head straight to the MK for EMH's, but the rain made the women seek shopping in the Polynesian Lobby. After the monsoon left we did go straight to MK and got a good spot for Spectromagic. Moved straight on for a good Wishes seat and then hit Adventureland, FrontierLand all we could till exhaustion hit.
Day 5: MGM was a mid afternoon attack. Missed Playhouse Live by a few minutes but were able to get into Little Mermaind with FP. Waited in line for Playhouse and then avoided more monsoons till we made our way to the Backstage lot. With the addition of the Car stunt show, a lot has changed on that. Called it quites early to make for the Luau, which was awesome. My two year old loved it and so did everyone else.

6: Next morning we headed straight for the Magic kingdom and it was not that bad. Got through every thing from left to center till the lil one saw Dumbo. Spent a lot of time on line and Armegdon looked like it was going to unleash. Sought out shelter for a while till the sun broke and the steam bath started. Made it trhough a good part of Tomorrowland till we got booted for Mickey's not so scarey.

Day 7: Hit Typhoon Lagoon and lucked out big time with the weather. Crowds were pretty big and being there at 945 (parked opened at 10) there were no good(!) spots in KK. I was able to convince the concierge at the Poly to get us reservations again for Ohanas as enjoyed a nice relaxing dinner.

Day 8: This is where I got real confused. Took the bus from Shades to the TTC awaiting a bus to take us to WL for Whispering Canyon Cafe. Found out that the TTC does not run buses to the hotels anymore and that you have to take the monorail althe way to the MK for hotel transportation. I forced that family to walk instead. Got there 15 mintues late but were still seating quickly. Got into DD for a quick encounter at Quest, and a big dent in my wallet. Headed to MGM post the dinner at Portabello's (not bad)

Departure came to soon. The baby and I spent two hours at the pool while Mommy packed. Headed into the MK where the lines were unbelievable. Did get in the parade with a good shady spot. And finally my daughter lost all fear of the characters after she pet Pluto's paw and his head. Caught the tail end of cinderrelabration, one last Dole Whip and another shopping execursion. All in all it was great. Just dont let you kid be cornered by a character (hind sight is always 20/20)

LouDisney

Glad you had a great trip. Thanks for the report. We took my 2 year old nephew for his first trip this year and he is a Disney kid all the way, but when he sees a life size character of any kind, he is very stand offish, so we thought he would not go up to any of the characters at all. We were all in shock our first day at the Magic Kingdom when he had his pic taken with Mickey, of course we had to be right there, but he even gave Mickey a hug and kiss. Some love them and some do not want to have anything to do with them at all.

ORLANDO LOVER

When i took my nephew he was two and just loved all of the charecters apart from Mickey and Minnie? Tradgedy!!! But now he his six and we took him in July and really likes them now. maybe it was because they were mice?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom