2 Accounts for the same person

WendyTinkerbell

Original Poster
Hello,

I have a new problem on my MDE account that just popped up today. I have me and my husband on the account from a previous trip. We had MagicBands and then ordered the AP one's just fine. The current problem is that his name shows up twice. Under one of his names is the previous band, AP band and the AP ticket. Under his other name is a MagicBand for the next trip. I have no idea which one his FastPasses are linked to. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

I worry that MagicBands are going to point in separate directions. (Like one MB linked to his AP ticket and the other to open the door at the resort.)

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I had a similar problem with having a Disney account and a Disney Vacation Club account. I had to make a call to the MM+ tech support to fix it. Took a couple of calls.

Tom

Beta Return
I had a similar problem with having a Disney account and a Disney Vacation Club account. I had to make a call to the MM+ tech support to fix it. Took a couple of calls.

I too was able to get those merged. DVC simply changed my login/email address to match the one I'm using for MDE. Now, any DVC reservations pull right over into MDE.

Rob562

I think this is the biggest potential for problems with the new system. I had a couple different log-ins on various Disney sites (one under just a username, one under my Gmail address, one under Hotmail, etc). For a few years now I've limited myself to only using my Gmail log-in so that everything is under a single account, but I'm sure there are many out there who won't be as careful.

It's also a good reason to make sure that you set up all of your MDE profiles *before* you start trying to book your trip or buy your tickets. A few minutes of set-up work can mitigate future headaches.

-Rob

WendyTinkerbell

Original Poster
I originally had that problem with a really old account and one with my email address and was able to get those merged. My husband technically doesn't have an MDE account. He was just listed on mine. Now he's on there twice. I think I'll wait until I get our other two MagicBands linked to the account before I call.

They were able to merge mine before, but it took a while on hold with the cast member and then presented more problems of me instructing the cast member what to do at guest relations. He wasn't really listening to me at first, but luckily he finally listened to what I was saying and everything was fine. It kind of makes you wonder what people do who aren't as informed about the whole process.

Dwarful

I haven't been able to get our info straightened out yet. I keep calling. When I log onto MYW I see myself, my husband, my husband as being 12, both of our daughters are listed twice as well, once each as the correct age and the other as both being 12. Apparently my family - except me, behaves like a bunch of 12 yr olds at WDW. lol. So far it looks like the FPs are linked to the correct names......lets hope when we upgrade to APs this stays true.

WendyTinkerbell

Original Poster
Hi,

So after 40 minutes on hold with tech support, they were able to link all of the resort reservations to the previously set up AP account. The most interesting part is that she is having to send out 3 new MagicBands and the one's I just received today (and will tomorrow) have been deactivated. I'm glad I called way in advance, so there is time to get the new bands. Thought it was interesting that they couldn't just merge the accounts or something like that.

DizneyPryncess

I had this same problem too. I just assigned a character photo to each name. That way the character photo popped up under ADR's and FP+ so I knew the right one was attached. You can attach character photo's by editing under "My Friends & Family". Or just calling would work too - that was my next step. ;)

WendyTinkerbell

Original Poster
Yeah, I attached the picture once the whole thing was sorted out. The problem was that he already existed on my account, but when I made new resort reservations, they automatically created a new person. Very weird. Luckily, it seems to have been sorted out and will be when three more MagicBand shipments arrive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom