1st trip to disney

Oceana

My husband and I (long time park goers) are taking out 18 month old to disney for the 1st time. Its for our annaversary.

Tips? Ideas? Suggestions?

We totally plan already to take it easy and take a break at the hotel in the afternoon. Our son is late to rise and late to bed 10am-midnight kind of kid.

We plan to go in November how is the weather for going to the pool?

Thanks
oceana

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Our youngest was two on our first trip Sep 94. We did full days at the parks but made sure that we had breaks for eats n drinks. we did have the benefit of my father, who thanks to an inner ear problem, is limited to what he can ride so was able to kiddy watch. So we did things much as we do now.

We made sure we had a stroller though as tired kids can sleep anywhere. Remember its your break as well. I think you may find it a little cool by the pool I know we cut short our visit to blizzard beach as the gentle breeze was a little too cooling and that really stopped us using the pool

Upvote 0
In florida the weather varies. if a strong cool front come in it wont be good but if it a nice day i would jump in. Like my grandmother always say "pack your bathing suit just in case."

Upvote 0

rick3236

Oceana said:
My husband and I (long time park goers) are taking out 18 month old to disney for the 1st time. Its for our annaversary.

Tips? Ideas? Suggestions?

We totally plan already to take it easy and take a break at the hotel in the afternoon. Our son is late to rise and late to bed 10am-midnight kind of kid.

We plan to go in November how is the weather for going to the pool?

Thanks
oceana

That is a great age. My Daughter is now 3 years old, he first trip was at 9 months (probably too young for her, but we enjoyed it and have some great pictures of her with characters).

We have gone to WDW withher at least 4 times since then. The one thing we learned early on is to take a break in the afternoon. Our usual plan is go to a park in the morning, have lunch then head back to the resort. My daughter will then take a nap and get refreshed until around 4, then we head back to the parks, to dinner and to whatever fireworks show we are watching that night. I find that if we skip the afternoon nap, by dinner time the baby is exhausted and has a tendency to act up. But with the nap, she goes all the way through the fireworks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom