1st Day Traditions

JSkellington

Original Poster
Do you have any first day traditions when you go to WDW?

We always ride the Ferry over to the Magic Kingdom and ride the train around the parameter of the park first-- This lets us look to the right at the park ,catching glimpses of various rides, etc. This gets us more excited and plus the trains are really cool.

Just thought I'd ask.

Russell

meryll83

We normally do MGM, RNR and then TOT (I need warming up before going on TOT!) but that's if we arrive later in the day. First full day is nearly always at the MK, I don't know why but I feel like we need to cover the main stuff there first before moving on to the other parks.

col

the park i always visit first is AK. i know my holiday has truely started and i can relax when im looking at the tree of life just seeing how amazing and beautiful it is really is the start of my holiday.

JPDisney

My wife and I always go straight to POTC. It was the first ride I ever rode at WDW. It was on our honeymoon and it was my first trip to WDW (at age 28,still a big kid).

slowbee

besides the resort... we always head to MK to see Mickey Mouse. Then we usually are looking for something to eat, so we'll grab a Turkey leg and sit there by the River muching on the Turkey Leg. While sitting there, I just soak it in being back at WDW with my family.

Our next trip, we'll have a new addition (she was born 8/31) going with us... so it will be an extra special first day tradition.

Moustronaut

Ours is a little more spontaneous. We tend to go during the slower seasons so we don't do a lot of planing on our first day. It's our first day of vacation and we really want to get into the relaxation mode. We almost always have flown in on a morning flight and get to our resort around noon-ish. We check in and get our tickets then drop off our bags with luggage services. Then we just head out to the bus stop and grab the first park bus that goes buy. We go to that park to go eat lunch. Been doing it that was since our honeymoon 7 years ago. Only time we haven't was when we stayed at Poly... just couldn't resist the monorail.

Uponastar

Since we always take a very early morning flight out from Philadelphia, we always spend our first day at DD, going at a leisurely pace. Then it's back to the hotel early to unpack and get to bed early to rest up for our first day at the parks.
Our first park. . .always Magic Kingdom!
Nothing, nothing beats that first walk through the archway into Town Square!

JCrane

I usually like to start my break at MGM. We're usually in Orlando for two weeks and MGM has just about the right mix of thrill/dark/leisure rides to prepare for some of the more hectic, larger parks...ease our little Englush butts back in, you know?

Don't really have any specific plan once I get in there, but seeing TOT on the horizon always tells me I'm home!!!

41 days to go!!!

pinjim

Arriving early afternoon usually leads us to DD and the Lego store to play and shop until we can't carry anymore!
Then to Rain Forest Cafe for supper; back to the resort for early bed or swimming.

LizziePooh

We always have early morning flights so we can be ready to hit the parks by noon. We go straight to Epcot, and Spaceship Earth is always our first ride. :)

GHOST1000

TAKE OUR FIRST DAY PICTURES, RIDE THE MONORAIL AND EAT DINNER ALWAYS FIRST NIGHT AT CALIFORNIA GRILLE AND GO ALL OUT GORGING MYSELF AND TOP IT OFF W/ A DIRTY MARTINI:slurp: AND WATCH THE FIREWORKS. THEN GO TO SLEEP AND GET READY FOR A VERY FAST AND CRAMMED WEEK:eek:

bgraham34

We always goto the Magic Kingdom and then we try to make Peter Pan our first ride. If the line is too busy we hit Haunted Mansion or Pirates.

Jerm

Almost always is ToT...But I am thinking that might be replaced with Everest. I will find out in 12 days!!!!!!

J

jessfriends

We usually get the earliest flight to Orlando. We have been doing this for our last 5 visits or so. We begin by going to the Contemporary Resort and we eat lunch at The Concourse Steakhouse. Then we take the monorail over to MK. Usually we go to Epcot in the evening.

PatsRule

We arrive at the Beach Club between noon and 3:00 (depends on flight time) and we eat lunch at Beaches and Cream. Depending on just how late we arrive we'll walk around Boardwalk or head to MK for an evening of parade and Wishes.

pacochran

It doesn't have to do with the parks, because we don't have a set plan for that it depends on when we go, but we usually rent a car just for the day that we arrive, and we usually get a flight that arrives about 11am. So we found on our way to WDW, there is an outlet mall, and we usually stop there for lunch seems to be a tradition to do A&W, which we don't have around here. THen then other thing is we allways visit the Character Outlet to start our souvenir shopping.

Captain Chaos

I do not do any of the parks my first day. Usually, after check in, I settle into my room then meet up with friends. We go to Hooters for dinner then walk around Downtown Disney.

CelticRose

We drive from home, stay the night in Lake City, then get up the next morning and drive the rest of the way and usually arrive around lunch time, We head to Epcot for lunch and hit the pavilions in FW, then head back to the hotel and check in, then head back for dinner at Epcot, and WS and Illuminations. So our first full day is our Second day and that day is always the MK and the Ferry boat ride across the lagoon and usually our first ride is PotC, but when we go in may I think it will probably be a ride in Fantasyland since we will have the DGS who is 4, and then we will hit Toontown for Barstomer, my 40+ DH (who is a pilot) loves that ride.

Okay I am getting verclemped again, talk amongst yourselves:cry: Why is May so far away???????

209 days and counting, but who's counting:sohappy:

Billy6

My family always goes to MK first, and me and my sister, run..no, sprint to Space Mountain. One of us gets in line, and the other one gets a fast pass, so we can ride twice in the span of about 15 minutes,or so... Then we usually just go on rides at random. most of the time we usually head to the other side, AL or FL, and hit splash and BTMRR...

31 days.... Nov 14-18.... ASSpts...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom