11 Days of Tickets, But Can Only Make FastPasses for 7 Days?

mainstreetmuse

Original Poster
I have tickets for Disney World for July 1st through 5th. During this week, I will be staying off property. I will return to Disney World July 22nd, and will be staying through July 28th. I have an additional 6 tickets for that week, and will be staying at the Grand Floridian. I just called Disney and was told that I can only have fastpasses for 7 of the 11 days. Does this sound correct to you? (Also, I am not an AP holder.)

nickys

Premium Member
I have tickets for Disney World for July 1st through 5th. During this week, I will be staying off property. I will return to Disney World July 22nd, and will be staying through July 28th. I have an additional 6 tickets for that week, and will be staying at the Grand Floridian. I just called Disney and was told that I can only have fastpasses for 7 of the 11 days. Does this sound correct to you? (Also, I am not an AP holder.)

No, but it could be you misunderstood.

You will be able to book FPs for your onsite stay all at the 60 day window from check-in day. Which means at 7am EST on May 23rd you should have been able to book for 22nd thru 28th. That's 7 days.

For your offsite stay, in theory you will only be able to book at 30 days out, one day at a time.

However, when your 60 day window opens for the onsite stay, it should also open up all days between "now" and check-in, so you will get something of an advantage for those offsite days. So by now you might be able to book all your FPs. The reason for hesitating slightly is if your onsite stay is a package, those earlier days will not open up until 30 days out.

But even so, by now you should have an open window for all days. Have you hit a problem?

EngineerMom

I am not an expert but when I asked Disney they told me that if you have a gap in your stay it doesn’t link the 60 days .
So even if you were stay and Disney both stays if you go somewhere else in the middle they won’t let you book the second stay until that hits he 60 days and in your case Inwould think the first stay would be 30 days. I’ve never stayed off site but is it 30 days from each day? I think so

If you are still having issues call the Disney experience folks s they are great and helped us. We had a larger group and the only way we could get into some restaurants was 2 tables so I needed 2 reservations. They were very helpful and I was able to make 2 and have them both on my app was I was the planner for the group.

nickys

Premium Member
I am not an expert but when I asked Disney they told me that if you have a gap in your stay it doesn’t link the 60 days .
So even if you were stay and Disney both stays if you go somewhere else in the middle they won’t let you book the second stay until that hits he 60 days and in your case Inwould think the first stay would be 30 days. I’ve never stayed off site but is it 30 days from each day? I think so

If you are still having issues call the Disney experience folks s they are great and helped us. We had a larger group and the only way we could get into some restaurants was 2 tables so I needed 2 reservations. They were very helpful and I was able to make 2 and have them both on my app was I was the planner for the group.

Yes that’s all true. But it doesn’t explain why the CM told them they could only have 7 days of FPs.

But I agree they should call and ask for help from the tech team if indeed they did have those problems. I suspect though the CM was just wrong!

EngineerMom

Agreed. I think the cast member was just wrong. And/or it is a glitch with the app.
As I said we had 10 people on our last trip and often could not get a table for 10 but could get 6 and 4. I would make one but then if I tried to make the 2nd reservation it would say no you already have one for that time...….yeah but I have 10 people on my app and need 10 spots......the app treated it like I wanted to have 2 reservation that conflicted.
Called the Disney My Experience guys and they helped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom