100% recycled plastic gift bags.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I don't know if this has been posted or not yet, but the new gift bags at the parks are now made from 100% recycled material. They started changing over with the cups, napkings, and other items around the middle of January.

I don't have a picture, if anybody wants to shoot one and post it, go ahead.

They are a lighter plastic than before, and the printing rubs off very easily, but two thumbs up for the effort.

Will we ever see a time when those tens of thousands of park maps and time guides are 100% recycled as well? And why isn't there a map recycling center as you exit? Most zoos and many other parks have had map recycling for a long time.

I also love the large amount of "green" merchandise. My wife got the Chip and Dale "Conservation Nuts" shirt. We also got 3 of the shopping bags. I wish the canvas bags weren't $15.99. We would have grabbed 2-3 of them as well. It's hard paying that much when canvas bags are about $3 everywhere else.

We also got 3 of the shopping bags. I wish the canvas bags weren't $15.99. We would have grabbed 2-3 of them as well. It's hard paying that much when canvas bags are about $3 everywhere else.
:eek:

They're usually a dollar or two here in DC and everything in DC is about 3 times more expensive than everywhere else! But at least they're trying...

Rob562

So by "gift bags", are you talking about the plastic shopping bags that they use in the stores? If the printing rubs off easily, I'd be worried about *where* it's rubbing off onto... (I wouldn't want to put something in a bag in my backpack, and then later find that the printing has rubbed off all over the spare shirt I had in there...)

I don't know about specifically recycling the park maps, but the current ones are printed from recycled paper. (At least the ones I have from before the map re-design are. I've given away all the ones from my most recent trip... But I recall the newer ones are even thinner, so it's likely they're recycled material too)

Also, I've read that a lot of the garbage at WDW is sorted, even if it's thrown into the regular trashcans. They recycle what they can, compost other things that can be composted, and what remains is put in landfills.

-Rob

PeaceIsFree

Oh, I'm liking the new bags.

The idea of a map recycling center is a great idea, it would sure make the job of a trash sorter a whole lot easier.

I applaud Disney for all the effort ! :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Oh, I'm liking the new bags.

The idea of a map recycling center is a great idea, it would sure make the job of a trash sorter a whole lot easier.

I applaud Disney for all the effort ! :)

Yeah....paper, paper, can, glass, paper, MAP, paper, paper, can, human waste, paper, paper, paper, MAP...ad nauseum

PeoplemoverTTA

We also got 3 of the shopping bags. I wish the canvas bags weren't $15.99.

My cousin picked me up two of these on her trip in December, and they were around $3...are there different bags besides the green "every tree has character" bags (here's a link)?

Does anyone have a picture of the Chip n Dale shirt? I think I might want to call up and order one.

Last May I purchased a Kermit organic cotton tote bag with soy-based inks in DHS that says "It's easy being green." I love that bag, and it was only around $15 or so (not much more than a non-eco friendly bag).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom