1 weekend...6 resort rooms...12 people arriving from 3 cities.....

bobogator

Original Poster
......some are veterans with annual passes and MDE accounts, others are newbies with soon-to-be-purchased 3-day park hopper tickets. I'm nervous just thinking about getting us all organized and linked in MDE. Here's what I (think I) know so far, but any advice and/or direction would be much appreciated:

- We have 4 resort confirmation #s...2 of them are for connecting rooms, and the other 2 are for single rooms. I assume we'll end up with 4 MDE accounts (some already exist).

- Adult couple with annual passes and a MDE account: I can invite them to our travel party via the email invitation, then MDE and FP+ should work fine.

- One child who is listed under my MDE from a recent trip, and her user (is that the correct term?) has a Magic Band from that trip but no current ticket...we'll add her ticket confirmation code to her MB. If this child is listed under a different adult resort reservation (2 connecting rooms), how do I move her or share her to that adult's MDE account? Do I even need to do that, or can she stay on my MDE?

- Once we're all linked, can each of the four MDE accounts use the MDE phone app to to schedule FP+ for the whole travel party or a subset of people, possibly spanning groups/accounts?

- If we want to give every person (or pair) the ability to schedule FP+, would we have to give everyone the passwords for the 4 MDE accounts?

- Are all the Photopass photos for the travel party viewable by the entire party, spanning MDE accounts?

Thanks for any help.

HolleBolleGijs

I'll answer what I can, hopefully this helps!

- We have 4 resort confirmation #s...2 of them are for connecting rooms, and the other 2 are for single rooms. I assume we'll end up with 4 MDE accounts (some already exist).

MDE accounts are connected to a specific person, not a reservation, so each person in your party can have their own account which will be linked to their resort reservation/park tickets. The easiest way to do this is probably to use the email invitation feature.

- Adult couple with annual passes and a MDE account: I can invite them to our travel party via the email invitation, then MDE and FP+ should work fine.
Yes.

- Once we're all linked, can each of the four MDE accounts use the MDE phone app to to schedule FP+ for the whole travel party or a subset of people, possibly spanning groups/accounts?
As long as you are all on each other's "friends and family" list, anyone in the group can make FP+ selections for anyone else in the group. You can pick exactly who you want to choose FP for, anywhere from 1 person to all 6 of you.

- If we want to give every person (or pair) the ability to schedule FP+, would we have to give everyone the passwords for the 4 MDE accounts?
If people want to schedule their own FPs, have each person in the party create their own MDE account, but make sure their resort reservation is connected to the account so they have the benefit of making selections 60 days out. No password distribution needed.

Rob562

@HolleBolleGijs has the overall gist covered.

In general, it's best to get all of the MDE profiles set up and connected before you start making/linking hotels and tickets. Anyone who is an adult can have their own MDE login, if they want. You then need to go about the task of inter-connecting everyone as a Friend.

Minors (or anyone who doesn't have their own account) who have "managed by someone else" profiles can get a bit tricky. Ideally they'd be created and managed under one of their parent's MDE login. But if they were created under someone else (as it sounds like in the OP's description), it gets a bit tricky. You run the risk of having two versions of the same child in MDE: the original one under the OP's account that still has a MagicBand associated with it, and a new one under the control of the child's parent where the new resort reservation is linked.
If it were an adult with various profiles under different people, it's just a matter of each person sending an email friend request to that person. Once they accept the friend request, the system would carry anything over to the new owner's account (Magic Bands, tickets, etc). But I haven't been able to find a function that can do this with a child's "managed by..." profiles to move them from one adult to another. If you have multiple versions of a managed-by profile, your best bet is to call the MDE Help Desk (407-939-4357), give them the login emails for the two accounts and let them move profiles around.

Lastly, about PhotoPass, as long as each person goes into their own account and checks the box next to everyone else that says "This person can view and purchase my PhotoPass photos", everyone will be able to see everyone else's. And if one person buys the Memory Maker package, that one person will be able to download all of the photos.

-Rob

bobogator

Original Poster
Thank you both for the replies and help. I'll have each adult create a MDE account, which should get us most of the way there. Hopefully the minors won't be as tricky as I thought they'd be.

Thanks!
Gary

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom