“Experience Access Pass”

Riapdvc

Original Poster
My party has received one “experience access” pass each from guest services because of an unfortunate Disney screw up. We have been told there are “restrictions” to what attractions these can be used for, but I cannot find the restrictions anywhere. Does anyone know what rides they CANNOT be used for? This will greatly help us plan our day. Thanks.

SingleRider

My party has received one “experience access” pass each from guest services because of an unfortunate Disney screw up. We have been told there are “restrictions” to what attractions these can be used for, but I cannot find the restrictions anywhere. Does anyone know what rides they CANNOT be used for? This will greatly help us plan our day. Thanks.
If you tap on it in the MDE app there should be a listing telling you what it can be used on.

Riapdvc

Original Poster
If you tap on it in the MDE app there should be a listing telling you what it can be used on.
It is not yet in MDE. We go next week. I was given a reference number and told that any in-park guest relations booth would be able to add the pass when I get there. Wondering if anyone knows what the restrictions are for the sake of planning how we will use genie plus each day.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
It is not yet in MDE. We go next week. I was given a reference number and told that any in-park guest relations booth would be able to add the pass when I get there. Wondering if anyone knows what the restrictions are for the sake of planning how we will use genie plus each day.
When I received one back in March 2022, I believe it was good at any Genie+ attraction, but not at ILL attractions.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Assuming that these are handled the same way as things like comp tickets (which we were issued a reference number for last year, and given the same instructions: "have these entitlements loaded onto your MDE at Guest Services when you arrive at a park, day-of)," if you call Guest Relations, they should be able to pull up your guest recovery file, and tell you the specifics of what you're entitled to.

Better yet, in our experience, we were able to have Guest Relations actually activate our comp tickets in that same phone call. (Guest Services told us we had to wait until the day-of when we were given the reference number, but that's just for their own convenience, so they don't have to de-activate and re-activate if you do it ahead of time and then change your mind. They were actually able to put the comp tickets on MDE for me months ahead over the phone, once I assured them that our plans were firm.) It's possible that they could do the same for you, and save you having to waste valuable time in line at Guest Services on the day of your visit.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

When I received one back in March 2022, I believe it was good at any Genie+ attraction, but not at ILL attractions.
My understanding is that it depends on what failed.

So like... if Test Track breaks down and your lightning lane reservation gets cancelled, you can redeem your selection for Test Track at a later time, or Soarin, or Living With the Land, or maybe Frozen, but maybe not Ratatouille. When I got one from a Figment breakdown, I was only able to redeem it at the crappy Epcot attractions that didn't need a lightning lane to begin with.

This restriction does not appear to exist at Magic Kingdom. There was one night where Space Ranger Spin kept breaking down, so we kept booking lightning lanes, which kept getting cancelled, and we used the experience redemptions to ride Thunder and Splash over and over again.

RememberWhen

My understanding is that it depends on what failed.

So like... if Test Track breaks down and your lightning lane reservation gets cancelled, you can redeem your selection for Test Track at a later time, or Soarin, or Living With the Land, or maybe Frozen, but maybe not Ratatouille. When I got one from a Figment breakdown, I was only able to redeem it at the crappy Epcot attractions that didn't need a lightning lane to begin with.

This restriction does not appear to exist at Magic Kingdom. There was one night where Space Ranger Spin kept breaking down, so we kept booking lightning lanes, which kept getting cancelled, and we used the experience redemptions to ride Thunder and Splash over and over again.
We had the same experience inadvertently using teacups during some passing storms over the summer. Apparently they shut it down to use as shelter so we kept booking it when it came back only to end up with an alternate experience pass. DD5 was delighted to be able to ride Pooh again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom