News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I guess an all-inclusive resort would be a better description (though at least at a resort, you get to enjoy the beautiful surroundings outside). Y'all can assign any kind of fancy, Disney made-up terms you'd like for this, but it's a hotel that includes food and people walking around in costumes.
It aligns closer to a cruise experience than any sort of hotel experience. Really it seems to be it’s own standalone thing. differentiating from a hotel is 100% accurate. But that has nothing to do with whether one thinks the value justifies the cost.

rio

Rise is already a capacity nightmare compared to the demand, and now they want to take that capacity away even more?

For a fully themed experience, this probably isn't too bad. It isn't for every weekday, and it's only for the real megafans. This will probably not be a homerun for Disney, but a solid single or double at least.

danv3

There’s definitely demand…or they wouldn’t have built it…

but sustainability is highly questioned? It’s almost like they have no clue what’s actually transpired with their own franchise? Their product sales have tanked. How are they measuring new/renewed interest?

This is my question. I have no doubt that some (moderately to very crazy) people will pay these prices initially. But who is the audience two years from now? Five years from now? Ten years from now? I don't see the long-term future here. Do they really expect people to experience this repeatedly?

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This is my question. I have no idea that some (moderately to very crazy) people will pay these prices initially. But who is the audience two years from now? Five years from now? Ten years from now? I don't see the long-term future here. Do they really expect people to experience this repeatedly?
People age. And those people who age may have more money to spend as they age and will be willing to spend it.

corran horn

Rise is already a capacity nightmare compared to the demand, and now they want to take that capacity away even more?

For a fully themed experience, this probably isn't too bad. It isn't for every weekday, and it's only for the real megafans. This will probably not be a homerun for Disney, but a solid single or double at least.
It's been discussed here before that the total population of people doing Galactic Starcruiser daily is not likely to be such that it's very impactful on RotR.

durangojim

Updated this with a sample itinerary showing what happens each day

After looking at that itinerary, unless the reviews are truly stellar, I'm out. I feel like everything would be rushed, and really not all that enjoyable because of the time constraints. Too bad because my family and I are the demo for this thing, given we're star wars nuts. Ex: here's one of the rooms in our house
E3B605F2-E87C-4361-9A49-D15D5114C514.jpeg

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

This is my question. I have no idea that some (moderately to very crazy) people will pay these prices initially. But who is the audience two years from now? Five years from now? Ten years from now? I don't see the long-term future here. Do they really expect people to experience this repeatedly?
I could imagine them using the same "ship" to tell a new "story" after a period of a few years to attract repeat visitors.

AEfx

Definitely not in my price range and even though I’m a SW nerd, not an experience I’d be interested in at any price point.
I know, right? I'm trying to picture my husband and I doing this, and I just can't. Some of it sounds "cute" and we'd get a chuckle out of observing, but nothing we would actually really care to participate in.

And, for perspective, as I sit here typing this in my living room - just in visual range of me - I have at least 40 objects that are related to Star Wars. With many, many more in the rest of the house. You don't get to be much bigger of a Star Wars nerd than I am.

Basically, it sounds like they are doing some of the cut entertainment originally meant for Galaxy's Edge, just on a smaller scale and charging through the nose for it.

I'd like to take a tour of the place, I'm sure it looks neat - but I honestly think I'd be bored stiff for most of what they look like they are actually offering. Even if I was going to pay the ridiculous prices.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well there is always pricing. They will obviously attempt to max out profit when demand is high early on. When it wains later, they can drop the price to bring in those who were a no-go at $5k.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Transient management doesn’t care about 5,10 years. Not their problem.
People age. And those people who age may have more money to spend as they age and will be willing to spend it.
But on this?

they basically shut down the LFL moves studio for 3+ years…now only getting back to “made for stream”…

where is the demand gonna go.

the reason mcu has been successful is because the saturation kept it on the front of the Fans minds…

then Bob says “Star Wars failed because we oversaturated”. And people Bought it.

huh? What the?…you made bad crap and torpedoed your own ship. That’s the deal, bub. You misread it worse than 90’s George. Throw that on the “legacy”.

So bob’s people pooched the Star Wars movies…ok…it happened…move on. But they still haven’t. Where’s the draw gonna come from leading to demand for something like thjs

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom