Universal Orlando drops all masks requirements for fully vaccinated guests

KrzyKtty

I mean no offense, I'm just pointing out that it is unfair to the people who obey the rules.
I do get that, but life isn't fair. I know that is cliche', but it doesn't keep it from being true. You aren't going to get people to do what they aren't willing to do. And the Govonor of FL is trying his hardest to make vaccine passports illegal in his state. So the expectation that Universal will alinate any portion of their consumer base at this point, and go against the governor of the state, to put people's vaccine status on their account, is unrealistic and a pipe dream.

Frankenstein79

Just for clarification, Orlando is located in central Florida which is not "The South" as people speak of it. "The South" stops at the Florida panhandle. You will find that Orlando residents are mostly liberal.

(the same can't be said for the tourists, though)

Whoa, I've never heard that before. I just figured if it's in the southern part of the U.S. it's "The South".

ppet

Herd immunity only becomes a relevant conversation once a certain percentage of the population is vaccinated. We're nowhere near that magic figure yet.
Herd immunity is reached when enough people become immune to the virus, This can be by vaccination or having had the virus. We have been at herd immunity for some time now, Just take a look at the numbers and this becomes clear.

KrzyKtty

Whoa, I've never heard that before. I just figured if it's in the southern part of the U.S. it's "The South".
It might be in the South, but it isn't considered part of the "Deep South." It is a weird distinction. FL isn't the only one cut out, Maryland isn't part of "The Deep South" either. It sometimes depends on who you ask, but the "Deep South" is generally considered the South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi. The ones that are debated by who you ask is NC, FL, VA, TX, TN....

JoeCamel

Herd immunity is reached when enough people become immune to the virus, This can be by vaccination or having had the virus. We have been at herd immunity for some time now, Just take a look at the numbers and this becomes clear.
The vaccine does not make you "immune to the virus" it just greatly reduces your body's ability to act as a host for virus replication. Vaccinated people can and do get the virus but it means there is little disruption to their lives and the healthcare system is not overwhelmed but they can still pass it on to unvaccinated people. We are winning but still a year or more from crossing the goal line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom