Trip Report A New Hope, A New Day *COMPLETED*

That’s not a Star Wars reference.

Longtime readers of my trip reports know Star Wars isn’t my thing (although I immensely enjoy Rise of the Resistance.)

Fireworks are my thing. 💥 Like a moth to a flame, I am instinctively drawn to bursts of brilliant sparkles and colors in the sky. Just ask my family how quickly I’ve stopped whatever I’m doing to find the source of nighttime booms! I have serious fireworks FOMO.

Disney fireworks....especially Magic Kingdom fireworks....always flood me with nostalgia, happy memories and hope. After a long pandemic year, I know I am not alone in my yearning for hope of better days ahead.

Every step we take
Brings a new hope
A new day

The return of Disney fireworks, for me, is a sign that things are improving. Hooray!!

But there won’t be any pyro on my upcoming trip. And that’s ok. This vacation was booked with the assumption there would be no nighttime entertainment. (However when rumors began to suggest fireworks in July…..well let’s just say there might be another reservation in MDE for us.)

Who’s us?

877B7809-2BB7-4CEE-A5F3-9DB3FA569FE9.jpeg

Mother/daughter travel buddies, Tuvalu and Em. We last visited together in early April. We were there the day the mask mandate was dropped for stationary pictures.

Today the mask mandate for all those vaccinated has been suspended and we couldn’t be happier! We won’t have to be shrouded in a daft disguise again this summer! 😉

I am not planning to do a full live report but may post a daily update. I’ll fill in the details when our vacation is over.

T-minus 3 days.
June 19 - 26, 2021
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Will any other Magicians make an appearance? Stay tuned.

donaldtoo

Can you ask your family where they got your shirt? I’m sure @Pirate Magic would be interested!
Happy Father’s Day to you!!

DWifey told me she purchased it through a vloggers wife that goes to the Parks with her husband and has a side hustle purchasing stuff from the Parks for people.
She said she got it on the the first day the Peoplemover/TTA reopened. DWifey’s settled in for the night, but, I can probably get more details tomorrow...!!! :)

And, thanks for the happy Father’s Day wishes...!!!!! :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here and following along. I took a break from trip reports for a couple weeks while I got over my Disney depression.
Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime
I was thrilled when I opened up the forums and the first thing I saw was Tuvalu and Em!
Hope you decide to write a TR! I’ll be first in line to read it. :bookworm:

Ok. So apparently you were here too. But still missed you! 🙁
Remember Lets Go Luna GIF by PBS KIDS

slipperalwaysfits

Took a bunch of pictures of our newly-refurbished room which I will post later. Very pleased with our view!
What a great view! Enjoy!
Nice to see our old friend Orange Cone on a spin around Tomorrowland.
He seems to really enjoy hanging out on the Peoplemover. I hope MPB 2.0 will be working when we go!
The next picture would have Walt rolling over in his grave. Taken as we waited in the Peter Pan queue
YES!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :depressed::depressed: This makes me soooo angry! I know it's probably a staffing issue, but shouldn't that be one of their first priorities, custodial since it was one of Walt's FOUR KEYS!!!???
the “dump” into a very crowded boarding area for the doom buggies was something that we were sad to see has returned.
I feel like that "dump" was never very well organized and it seems to be a lot of people cutting you off ....
Do you know you can sunburn on a cloudy day even when using SPF 30? Em knows.
ALL THE TIME. Happens to this fair-skinned one a LOT. I'm taking at LEAST Three bottles of sunscreen for July!
So excited to see that the jumping fountains by Figment are operating again. I took about a dozen pictures to document the return of this fond feature and this was the best of the bunch
YAY! This is hubby's favorite thing! I'm looking forward to seeing it, too. We are so happy it returned!

Songbird76

Sunday, June 20

Highlights and lowlights from our second day.

Towels prepped for pool lounging.

View attachment 565023

Do you know you can sunburn on a cloudy day even when using SPF 30? Em knows.

View attachment 565015

A private ride on the bus.
Did we keep our masks on?
Yes we did. We are rule followers.

View attachment 565034

Did you guess where we were going?

View attachment 565016

I was disappointed we were assigned Row 10 on The Farm Ride.
BUT…..
No more plastic dividers on the boats, so all was good!!

View attachment 565018

View attachment 565019

No more (car seat) dividers on Soarin’ either!

View attachment 565020

Ever wonder what happened to all the park benches?

View attachment 565017
We found them.

So excited to see that the jumping fountains by Figment are operating again. I took about a dozen pictures to document the return of this fond feature and this was the best of the bunch. 🤦🏻‍♀️

View attachment 565021
Do you see it?

We enjoyed our visit to Epcot!

View attachment 565022
Oooooh!! I wonder if this means the plastic dividers on the safari will be gone too! It will be nice for those of us who have to live vicariously to actually be able to see good pictures from the attractions! YAY!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I omitted yesterday’s biggest lowlight because I was sad when I posted.

But now I want to mention that a planned Magician meet did not happen. My dear friend @Nunu had to cancel her vacation at the last minute. I was looking forward to finally meeting her husband Frank and sharing some Disney fun together.

Until next time!

E6420BF8-4B9B-4A2F-BCD6-ED7CD307A049.jpeg

Songbird76

But now I want to mention that a planned Magician meet did not happen. My dear friend @Nunu had to cancel her vacation at the last minute. I was looking forward to finally meeting her husband Frank and sharing some Disney fun together.

Until next time!

View attachment 565099
Oh no!! Is she ok? I hope it wasn't anything serious that made her cancel! I can understand why you were so disappointed.

93boomer

Premium Member

Until next time!

View attachment 565099
Awww this makes me sad!! @Nunu is such a sweetie. I know she missed visiting again.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
DWifey told me she purchased it through a vloggers wife that goes to the Parks with her husband and has a side hustle purchasing stuff from the Parks for people.
She said she got it on the the first day the Peoplemover/TTA reopened. DWifey’s settled in for the night, but, I can probably get more details tomorrow...!!! :)

And, thanks for the happy Father’s Day wishes...!!!!! :happy:
I am also a proud owner of one of those PeopleMover shirts.
Hmmmm.......this whole Vlogger's wife's side hustle thing has me thinking! I got mine from a "private shopper"as well.
We were in line for Space Mountain and my wife was sitting the ride out so I took this picture of the shirt and asked her to get it for me.

Peoplemover T (2).jpg

I know these shirts are expensive but my wife said it was $300 and made me give it to her in cash. Should I be asking questions?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member

Until next time!

View attachment 565099
Makes me very sad not having been able to meetup with you this time around, we were looking forward to spending time with you, and meeting Em in person. 😔

For those who don't know, I'm slowly recovering from a nasty fall down the stairs (last Tuesday), that resulted in a broken rib and several cuts and bruises.

Dear @Tuvalu , I'm here, enjoying seeing you having fun and I'm happily following along in your adventures. I'm hopeful our paths will cross again, soon.
Counting the days until we meet again, my friend! ✨😊

Minnesota disney fan

Makes me very sad not having been able to meetup with you this time around, we were looking forward to spending time with you, and meeting Em in person. 😔

For those who don't know, I'm slowly recovering from a nasty fall down the stairs (last Tuesday), that resulted in a broken rib and several cuts and bruises.

Dear @Tuvalu , I'm here, enjoying seeing you having fun and I'm happily following along in your adventures. I'm hopeful our paths will cross again, soon.
Counting the days until we meet again, my friend! ✨😊
Nunu, I hope you are feeling better after your fall! My husband had a fall a week ago and broke his wrist. He's now in a cast for at least 4 more weeks!!!!! Can't do much with one hand:( I can commiserate with you and hope you are back at Disney soon:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom