Flying With a 2 Year Old

arich35

Original Poster
I just wanted to add,... The gummies for the ears are a great solution but you have to time it right. We still bring chewy candy for my daughter (usually mentos but those are chokables at two) and there's one golden rule for this tactic...

DON'T BUST THEM OUT UNTIL YOU'RE ON THE RUNWAY!!

I mean, I normally don't let my daughter have them until we're speeding down the line about to lift off. The first time we flew when she was a toddler, I brought gummies and gave them to her as we pulled away from the gate. But we sat in the lineup so long that by the time it was our turn to go all the gummies were gone.

Have a great trip!!
I would for sure wait until we are basically lifting off. We bought fruit snacks and tried to let her have one and she refused, she is so odd when it comes to food lol. We are bring chocolate which she loves and she still loves those yogurt melts and puffs so we brought those too, also have the squeezes that she loves but will get down in about 30 seconds. Also have Tylenol for her but not sure if that will help at all if she is complaining about her ears.

At this point I am more worried about the masks after reading all these stories of Southwest kicking 2 year olds off who won't keep a mask on. Sometimes she will put it on and not care (mainly at a store) but other times she just flat out refuses to do it. Hoping all the distractions with the flight and people and tablets that she will kind of forget it is on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom