News Disney College Program begins again

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Not a lot of people know that this program is based on a successful endeavor pioneered by the Romans...
1620073975323.png

DisneyDreamerxyz

I applied to the part-time position they posted but they never responded and I've been really nervous about it, now I'm thinking they saw I was a Spring 2020 CP and knew they were offering us a change to come back.

It's 12$ vs 14 an hour and I already live in Orlando and work at Universal part-time, but I moved to Orlando for Disney. Just didn't think any jobs would be offered this year. When I saw the news today I felt sick and started crying. it's just been such an emotional rollercoaster.

mm52200

absolutely not...but why are you assuming it’s terrible?

I think it’s probably comparable to working outside last summer...which I had the pleasure of doing sometimes.

I was there for a week recently and didn’t experience anything that was deal breaking. Remember many of the “standard” employees who aren’t 21 did this last summer as well.

and I’ve been there, done that, managed that as far as the CP goes...so I’m not debating theory so much here.
I’m not assuming, I know from every CM I talk to that works there still how awful it is right now, how bad morale is, how terrible the guests are.
Has nothing to do with it being hot. It’s the current work environment, working there now is not the same “magical” experience one could maybe have before March 2020.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not assuming, I know from every CM I talk to that works there still how awful it is right now, how bad morale is, how terrible the guests are.
Has nothing to do with it being hot. It’s the current work environment, working there now is not the same “magical” experience one could maybe have before March 2020.
I’ll take their word for it...though it helps to understand with more depth?

did not see anything recently that showed poor behavior...quite the opposite - actually.

it makes me wonder. I bet it has more to do with comfort and financial...that’s “magic” when you’re an employee

Chomama

did not see anything recently that showed poor behavior...quite the opposite - actually.

it makes me wonder. I bet it has more to do with comfort and financial...that’s “magic” when you’re an employee
Anecdotal - wearing a mask
Or mask/shield combo makes the human interactions that allowed CMs to make magic very difficult, as well as hinder their peer communication/friendships. They want the masks for safety but they suck for human interaction, which is a huge part of working at Disney.
Getting laid off or furloughed and then being called back to enforce Covid protocols is really a difficult adjustment. They can’t do the job they once did.
A lot of CMs are working in locations they did not used to. It sucks. This isn’t all about guests. It’s circumstance but it is still hard

mm52200

You haven’t seen anything? Guests yell and spit at cast members for enforcing the park rules that the guest agreed to when making a park reservation. Cast are having to babysit full grown adults who refuse to follow rules. Everyone’s role has gotten infinitely harder. Most are also all displaced to different roles that were not their original and they also had to take pay cuts. Friends of theirs all got laid off. Areas are understaffed, cast are working six days and almost 70 hours every week. Most cast member perks don’t exist right now, schedules are barely given out four days in advance.
What else do you want?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You haven’t seen anything? Guests yell and spit at cast members for enforcing the park rules that the guest agreed to when making a park reservation. Cast are having to babysit full grown adults who refuse to follow rules. Everyone’s role has gotten infinitely harder. Most are also all displaced to different roles that were not their original and they also had to take pay cuts. Friends of theirs all got laid off. Areas are understaffed, cast are working six days and almost 70 hours every week. Most cast member perks don’t exist right now, schedules are barely given out four days in advance.
What else do you want?

so you have seen that daily??

is that what I’m hearing...guess I got lucky in that I did not witness it? I think there’s a difference between “happening” and “always happening”

so this is a nametag thing? I gotcha. It doesn’t sound pleasant right now. They laid everyone off...and threw them to Florida...which sucks.
Then they brought back...but shifted people out of their comfort zones due to low occ. take it or leave it.

and hour mandates always suck...if sucked when we had to make people work 48 and It sucked when we had to cut them to 32. Been through both.

the scheduling is near always a problem...though it sounds worse now. But it’s shift work and always will be.

as far as perks...they have kinda sucked for a long time, have they not? What were you getting?

I’ve walked though shoes...it’s not ideal. “The company” isn’t going to invest in more overhead unless it’s their interest...however.

mm52200

so you have seen that daily??

is that what I’m hearing...guess I got lucky in that I did not witness it? I think there’s a difference between “happening” and “always happening”

so this is a nametag thing? I gotcha. It doesn’t sound pleasant right now. They laid everyone off...and threw them to Florida...which sucks.
Then they brought back...but shifted people out of their comfort zones due to low occ. take it or leave it.

and hour mandates always suck...if sucked when we had to make people work 48 and It sucked when we had to cut them to 32. Been through both.

the scheduling is near always a problem...though it sounds worse now. But it’s shift work and always will be.

as far as perks...they have kinda sucked for a long time, have they not? What were you getting?

I’ve walked though shoes...it’s not ideal. “The company” isn’t going to invest in more overhead unless it’s their interest...however.
Yes. Happens every day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Anecdotal - wearing a mask
Or mask/shield combo makes the human interactions that allowed CMs to make magic very difficult, as well as hinder their peer communication/friendships. They want the masks for safety but they suck for human interaction, which is a huge part of working at Disney.
Getting laid off or furloughed and then being called back to enforce Covid protocols is really a difficult adjustment. They can’t do the job they once did.
A lot of CMs are working in locations they did not used to. It sucks. This isn’t all about guests. It’s circumstance but it is still hard

granted...I’m not disputing those things. But I think it’s more realities of an “unreal” event...more than being presented as “torturous”

ive been on all sides of this - really I have - I can give you the resume that covered the last “big thing”...but I find myself not getting to the same page...

I always wish things are better for the proliteriat. But it’s Orlando...and there’s a double edged sword when you are only tourism.

I can think of a worse scenario that people aren’t considering...full on economic crash. Want to talk about “magic”?? Try that. It’s been so long it seems no one remembers?

TrojanUSC

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the new DeSantis EO only prevents businesses from requiring vaccines for customers. It would not surprise me if they required that CPs be vaccinated, lest they have a major outbreak in their housing developments requiring a ton of call-outs, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom