Trip Report We are venturing outside our comfort zones and hoping the reward is worth it!! April 11 -23, 2021

Hello! I am, again, going to attempt to do a semi livish trip report and then fill in the details when I return. Like Rapunzel, when we made these plans, I definitely was taking a leap a faith! I, like all of us, have had a long year. We are DVC members and it was time to use the points. It is that simple. I can't tell you how thrilled I am now!

The cast remains the same! Den (my husband), Deighton(me), Hunter (16), Camden (9), and Brinley (5 and starts kindergarten in the fall). Some of us are a lot taller and some of us wider...

20190605_104920.jpg

We fly Southwest out of Pittsburgh early Sunday morning and land in Orlando around 10:15am.( I feel like I struck gold with 2 nonstop flights!) Then we head to the home where animals belong, a one bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge until April 19th. Then we move to Cabana Bay Beach Resort until the 23rd. Universal is a whole new world for us. Any advice for the entire length of stay is welcome!

I will be posting our plans soon! Thanks for reading! Another big thank you to those of you who posted, happy, positive thoughts and reports during these crazy times. It definitely kept time moving forward and hope alive. It keeps me smiling and tearing up to see your children growing up on this platform! Happy Thursday everyone!!

littleroo

Original Poster
How does the lazy river compare to the lazy river at Beach/Yachat Club? We like staying at the Beach Club Villas but I am not thrilled with the"lazzy river"
We have never stayed at the Beach/Yacht Club. I really enjoyed the Lazy River. I would say it takes about 20 minutes to go around and has 2 outlets. One is closed for now. It is no where near the size of TL.

littleroo

Original Poster
Well it is the last day! I am sad but very ready to see Villain, Blaze and Trolls. I never reported about it but day 3 with my mother in law watching the house, a pipe burst in the bathroom. My husband is a contractor so the water is turned off. I really just blocked it out so it wouldn't effect the trip or our mood. Now the issue is real!😆

Our check out is noon. Our flight leaves at 4:15 and gets into Pittsburgh at 6:45. We will get home around 8pm.

As far as antics go...you will never know🤣 Let's just say I am still laying in bed and have A LOT of packing to do!! I thought it would be a wise decision last night to do laundry at 10pm. Not my best moment!!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Well it is the last day! I am sad but very ready to see Villain, Blaze and Trolls. I never reported about it but day 3 with my mother in law watching the house, a pipe burst in the bathroom. My husband is a contractor so the water is turned off. I really just blocked it out so it wouldn't effect the trip or our mood. Now the issue is real!😆

Our check out is noon. Our flight leaves at 4:15 and gets into Pittsburgh at 6:45. We will get home around 8pm.

As far as antics go...you will never know🤣 Let's just say I am still laying in bed and have A LOT of packing to do!! I thought it would be a wise decision last night to do laundry at 10pm. Not my best moment!!
What an adventure! It sounds (and looks) like you had the time of your lives!

Sorry about the pipe bursting, but you did the right thing putting it out of your minds. The good thing is it sounds like your hubby has the means to fix it or get it fixed quickly and inexpensively, so keep it out of your mind a little longer until your home safe and sound.

Safe travels and thanks for sharing!

93boomer

Premium Member

Great trip for you!! Will miss not seeing you! Safe travels back and good luck with that pipe!😊

littleroo

Original Poster
Wow, you guys packed so much into this trip, but at such a leisurely pace! I have truly enjoyed hanging out with you and your family on this trip. I love the smiling faces, great stories and the food and drink photos!! Thank you!
Sesame Street Thank You GIF by HBO Max
Thank you so much for following! I appreciated all your input and kindness!! Happy Friday!!

littleroo

Original Poster
What an adventure! It sounds (and looks) like you had the time of your lives!

Sorry about the pipe bursting, but you did the right thing putting it out of your minds. The good thing is it sounds like your hubby has the means to fix it or get it fixed quickly and inexpensively, so keep it out of your mind a little longer until your home safe and sound.

Safe travels and thanks for sharing!
Thanks for following! Your upcoming trip is going to do wonders for me trying to shake the Disney blues. Thanks for all the great advice! I am so glad Chewie is thriving and up to no good!

littleroo

Original Poster
It’s been lots of fun following along - I hope your return to « normal » life is not too difficult.
Thanks for following! I hope all is well with your family! It is always a rough, depressing transition! Luckily, I have some things to look forward to going back! Den and I are really going to try make a fast get away in the fall.

littleroo

Original Poster
I would like to take this moment to apologize to the people in the laundry room last night at Cabana Bay Beach Resort! I am rarely as friendly and helpful! I would also like to thank Denny for folding the laundry last night! 😅

Ok current situation. Flight takes off at 4:45. It boards at 4:15. Our bags are checked and we are through security! Here we are
20210423_131048.jpg
20210423_134746.jpg
Im on number 2 for the drink count for today
20210423_132926.jpg
Spicey goodness to lick the wounds!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks for your live TR, @littleroo. I know how hard it is to balance posting with actually having fun on your vacation! And it appears y’all had a wonderful time!

While I’m not the only one who would love to hear about the antics you omitted, it’s more important to get back into real life. Should you have the desire/time to share, just pop back in!

Sorry we missed it other by mere hours. 😔

littleroo

Original Poster
Thanks for your live TR, @littleroo. I know how hard it is to balance posting with actually having fun on your vacation! And it appears y’all had a wonderful time!

While I’m not the only one who would love to hear about the antics you omitted, it’s more important to get back into real life. Should you have the desire/time to share, just pop back in!

Sorry we missed it other by mere hours. 😔
Someday, someday we will meet!! I want to thank you for all the years of honest, great advice! You really pulled me through and a lot of us during these crazy times! I will be around and post a lot of different things. I am just trying to arrange my scattered thoughts!! Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom