Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Horizons1

Of course PR has to throw in the PC line about “diversity”. Blech.

It sounds like we will lose the fun scene near the end with the headhunters, sadly. But, I guess some of this can be a good upgrade? The JC never really needed a story, IMO. It was just a collection of experiences that were up to the rider to interpret. But I guess the scene with the boat and monkeys is kinda cute.

erasure fan1

If the plan is no movie tie in, that really tells me one thing... The movie isn't very good and they don't think it will do very well. Maybe that's a skeptical way to look at it. I just don't see them not putting the rock in the ride unless they know the movie won't be well received.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

How are there still funds for changes like this? Clearly this seems to be somewhat priority to then (thanks to Iger?), but I really don’t see how this could be justified past a certain point if parks are still closed and cast members are still laid off. Seems so tone deaf and strange to try and champion considering the state of the company.

The sad reality is that it's cheaper for Disney to change rides than pay their employees, and they think that's good enough for their image.

yensidtlaw1969

What is the "New Animated Skipper?" Are the boats getting a screen or is the queue getting a pre-ride movie?

jccb20394820349820349823094.jpg
"Animated Skipper Figure". Presumably this will be replacing Trader Sam - and it sounds like the implication is that it will be more animated than Sam was.

999th Happy Haunt

The chimp scene looks like a legitimately funny gag. Even if it’s kind of ripping of the original gorillas in the camp scene, it feels rare we get stuff that’s actually funny out of WDI these days, especially after the attempt at comedy during the new auction scene.

I’m really not crazy about the linear story being inserted, the attraction was just never built to have one. Losing Trader Sam would be a travesty since he’s pretty much a fan favorite character at this point, but giving him a promotion to “Skipper Sam” would be cute and an alright fourth wall type joke for the Skippers.

It could have been a lot worse. Some of the stuff is even good.

doctornick

Unlike the Splash Mountain changes, I have no problem with these. Always found some of the depictions a bit cringe.
Yeah, unlike Splash or POTC, there’s legitimately cringeworthy stuff in JC. It doesn’t bother me personally but I think changing the “natives” is probably the right call.

sounds like the ride is staying similar (but new script?) just swapping out some questionable things. And not tying it to the movie! Seems reasonable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom