Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

DisneyNittany

Really curious to see the time to walk from MK to GF. Will probably be faster than monorail late at night

I'm certainly not a night-owl (very much an early bird) and, since we're just now expecting our first kid, we haven't had to deal with tired kids at the end of the night. With that said, it's always astounded me that shear amount of people that wait in the line for the monorail after park close. Anytime that I've been reliant on the monorail after park closing, I've always walked to the Contemporary and gotten a drink or two at one of the lounges, then hopped on the Resort Monorail to the TTC. One stop and nearly empty cabs, plus time spent imbibing instead of waiting in line.

I honestly have no desire to stay in the Grand Floridian, ever, but I'm very excited for this walkway. On those nights that we aren't ready to turn in yet, it'll be nice to be able to walk to the GF or Poly for post-park drinks AND not have to wait for the monorail, ferry, or boats.

Last edited:

DisneyNittany

I will be checking ResortTV1 for one of Josh’s “leisurely strolls” along the path in the next couple of days for sure. Can’t wait!

I'm not one for peer pressure, but I have found that a few tokes and throwing on a "leisurely stroll" during this quasi-on-again-off-again-lockdown has just been what the doctor ordered to keep me sane....just FYI ;)

bpiper

Maybe they are temporarily moving WL and FW over to the new dock while they take their dock down for maintenance?
Slow times, great time to catch up on maintenance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom