922/932 = Arendelle Castle Meet&Greet + Ugly Duckling Restaurant
931 = Frozen Attraction
933 = Arendelle Village
913 = Pixie Hollow Ride
912 = Lost Boys Hideout Restaurant
911 = Peter Pan Ride
914 = The Lake with the Ship??
971 = Backstage building

Now with red, obviously the Hotel...but could anyone TRANSLATE what those sections mean? 🙃

BasiltheBatLord

Could anyone TRANSLATE what those sections mean? 🙃

A native could give a better translation than me, but here's what I see:

Top right:
Green text: "Completed construction zone"
Red text: "Kashima hotel construction zone"
Blue text: "Kashima attraction construction zone"

Big red building:
Top text: "Deluxe"
Left text: "Parking lot"
Right text: "Main"

Small red building at bottom: "Luxury"

Green strip at right: "Service road"

No idea what "Kashima" is supposed to mean, my guess is it's a code word. Kashima is a city in neighboring Ibaraki prefecture.

HKDLer

A native could give a better translation than me, but here's what I see:

Top right:
Green text: "Completed construction zone"
Red text: "Kashima hotel construction zone"
Blue text: "Kashima attraction construction zone"

No idea what "Kashima" is supposed to mean, my guess is it's a code word. Kashima is a city in neighboring Ibaraki prefecture.
Green represents Taisei construction zone (be careful with the kanji) while red & blue represent Kajima construction zones. Both are famous contractors in Japan.

Last edited:

fradz

View attachment 495819
Found this on twitter today

This hotel is going to be soooo expensive but also so nice. Gotta love these "in-parks" hotels like MiraCosta, this one and Disneyland Hotel (Paris).

I still haven't worked out whether they will remove the spinner in Arabian Coast for the entrance of the land, also. Was there anything confirmed on that? I thought I'd seen renderings with the spinner still in.

BayouShack

I still haven't worked out whether they will remove the spinner in Arabian Coast for the entrance of the land, also. Was there anything confirmed on that? I thought I'd seen renderings with the spinner still in.

I bet it will stay. TDR has only removed a handful of attractions through its history (Meet the World, Skyway, Mystery Tour, Speedway, and, Astro Jets). Unlike the state parks which are no longer concerned with net gains in attractions, the Japan parks try two expand rather than replace. Jasmine’s spinner is quite new, and the only modern spinner in the resort. They’re already down one having gotten rid of the Star Jets, and Dumbo will have to be replaced sooner or later.

I’ll also go a step further. I don’t think Peter Pan’s Flight will be removed. It’s popular, and we’ve already seen examples of theme parks having redundant representations of the same movie. Plus, with COVID it would be wrackess to demolish something that is still a crowd pleaser.

Toni25

Like BrianLo said...this is giving me Hospital or Kindergarten vibes so far 🙃 I don't think an institutional look is what they are going for, but we'll see 🤭

BayouShack

With Mickey's Railroad coming to Disneyland's Toon Town, it seems likely the idea has been considered for TDL as well. I hopped on to satellite imagery to see how feasible it was...

MMRRR TDL.jpg

Some numbers:
The show building for the WDW version is 60,000 sq ft, with the dimensions 300'x200'.
The show building for the Disneyland version is larger at 75,000 sq ft, with the dimensions 500'x150'.
My number for the Disneyland version is an estimate since satellite imagery is old, but I'm familiar enough with the site to estimate it. The extra square footage is likely accounted for either queue space or office space.

The limiting dimension is the width, so I made a rectangle with the shorter width, 150', and the same dimensions as the smaller WDW version, 60,000 sq ft. The length of this show building would be 400'. This rectangle is represented by the shorter rectangle within the blue space. The extra blue on either side is the extra length of the Disneyland version.

Obviously, the difficulty is squeezing in the show building between the boundary of the new expansion to TDS. I used the site plan at the beginning of this page to determine where the expansion's boundaries are. My reference was the building with the square "hole" in its bottom right-ish corner--the one cut off from my screenshot in the bottom right corner of the page. I extended the red line from said building to represent the Fantasy Springs limit. I gave enough distance between the two sites to allow for a backstage road, erring on the safe side. It's feasible to push the show building closer, however. The perimeter road around Disneyland, CA that parallels Harbor Blvd narrows down to one lane. It's a small inconvenience, but there's a precedent.

It seems like it is barely possible, assuming no optimizing of the floorplan to allow for a smaller building. With its placement, I sort of avoided any structure in Toon Town. Minnie's House is most in the way, but she does have a new studio as part of the Fantasyland expansion. So maybe it can be sacrificed. The easiest way to make room for the queue would be to utilize the Mickey meet and greet. But with some creativity it could be spared.

So, how realistic do we think MMRR is? ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom