News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

splash1988

The two methods most people here use haven't really changed. Just the park hours as you mentioned!
Would someone mind restating the most common methods for getting into a BG or at least pointing us to the pages where those have been set forth. Trying to avoid reading all 465 pages. Thanks in advance.

RevRemy

Would someone mind restating the most common methods for getting into a BG or at least pointing us to the pages where those have been set forth. Trying to avoid reading all 465 pages. Thanks in advance.
No problem at all, waiting on the expo bus, so have some time! Here’s step by step what I do.

For an 8:00 opening:
7:30 - Get into park; get situated with what ride you want to do first
7:35-7:40ish - Make sure wifi and Bluetooth are off; swipe any and all open programs closed; turn off phone so it has time to do a full shut down refresh [note/edit- you don’t have to keep the phone off a full twenty minutes, that’s just what I tend to do, I’ve had the same results with it off 5-10 minutes]
7:55 - Turn phone back on but don’t click on anything, apps or otherwise
7:57:30 - Open Disney app so it has a moment to do its initial load, but don’t click anything in the app yet
8:00:00 on the dot - Click “Find Out More” (I watch the seconds tick up on my watch with the app open on my phone in the other hand ready to click as close to that instant as possible)
- if “join group” is available on that next screen, click it and select your party, it’s been about 50/50 for me whether it’s been available immediately
- if “join group” is not available, immediately click “Check Status” and “Join Boarding Group” should be available on the next screen
8:01 - Profit!! 😉

Hope this helps!

Here is the Demarke method.

Working on tracking down the other one.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Here is the method @Demarke and a lot of us use.

No problem at all, waiting on the expo bus, so have some time! Here’s step by step what I do.

For an 8:00 opening:

7:30 - Get into park; get situated with what ride you want to do first
7:35-7:40ish - Make sure wifi and Bluetooth are off; swipe any and all open programs closed; turn off phone so it has time to do a full shut down refresh
7:55 - Turn phone back on but don’t click on anything, apps or otherwise
7:57:30 - Open Disney app so it has a moment to do its initial load, but don’t click anything in the app yet
8:00:00 on the dot - Click “Find Out More” (I watch the seconds tick up on my watch with the app open on my phone in the other hand ready to click as close to that instant as possible)
- if “join group” is available on that next screen, click it and select your party, it’s been about 50/50 for me whether it’s been available immediately
- if “join group” is not available, immediately click “Check Status” and “Join Boarding Group” should be available on the next screen
8:01 - Profit!!!

Here's is @KevinPage notes on this method

It’s Demarke without having to turn phone off for 20+ minutes. A simple close all apps and reboot of phone has always sufficed. Otherwise all the other steps are the same

The "Fresh" method that @disneygeek90 has had good success with is basically just waiting until the posted park opening hours to open the MDE app (make sure it a fresh open of the app - meaning, force quit the app a few minutes before). If your phone is slower to open the app, some people open it a few seconds before the opening hour.

RevRemy

@splash1988 The only other technique really being used by members on this board (and myself) is to follow all of those steps but wait until exactly 8am or a second or two before to open the app from a hard close.

Thanks for the clarification! I was starting to realize there was not much of a difference except for app launch.

disneygeek90

Here is the method @Demarke and a lot of us use.

Here's is @KevinPage notes on this method

The "Fresh" method that @disneygeek90 has had good success with is basically just waiting until the posted park opening hours to open the MDE app (make sure it a fresh open of the app - meaning, force quit the app a few minutes before). If your phone is slower to open the app, some people open it a few seconds before the opening hour.
Lets just pin this post for future reference 🤣

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
IInteresting. I'm #teamfresh all the way, but I had my girlfriend try demarke yesterday on her iPhone and she crashed and never got past picking people
My wife and I started refreshing the app at 7:59 this morning. We couldn’t join a group while others around us cheered. I restarted the app twice and still the button was greyed out. Then my wife got group 98. I don’t understand how this works. WiFi wasn’t working at all so we were both on LTE. I wonder if they prioritize people who have never done it before? The app probably knows that we have.

With failures of both methods mentioned many times in this thread, I'm still of the opinion that there is no difference between restart v. refresh. The goal is that at exactly 8:00:00 you hit the button. Whether your phone gets through or is blocked by the thousands of other pings is all chance.

Now, I don't recall anyone who got the kick was able to reestablish a connection through repeated refreshes... anyone? So, if you get the kick, a quick restart of the app seems to be the most helpful.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Please limit discussion to actually using boarding groups - not whether or not they should exist. Thank you.

Indeed, there's a thread for that...

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
The goal is that at exactly 8:00:00 you hit the button. Whether your phone gets through or is blocked by the thousands of other pings is all chance.

There was nothing to click though. The “Join Boarding Group” button was greyed out for me for over a minute after 8:00. When you refresh the Status page by pulling it down the time is shown at the top. When this changes from 7:59 to 8:00 I would expect the button to become clickable, but it wasn’t for me. Not even after restarting the app twice. Meanwhile others around me are cheering for getting in. I don’t understand why the button doesn’t become active when the app knows it’s 8:00.

disneygeek90

There was nothing to click though. The “Join Boarding Group” button was greyed out for me for over a minute after 8:00. When you refresh the Status page by pulling it down the time is shown at the top. When this changes from 7:59 to 8:00 I would expect the button to become clickable, but it wasn’t for me. Not even after restarting the app twice. Meanwhile others around me are cheering for getting in. I don’t understand why the button doesn’t become active when the app knows it’s 8:00.
If I load the app at 8 and join group is not immediately available, I close the app completely and go back in rather than moving through the "My Status" refreshes which never seems to work for me.

Parker in NYC

These are spoiler questions about various elements:

Anyone know if the briefing room and transport have been running or bypassed? Status on the effects and AAs? And whether there's been any queue spillover into the hangar?

Touchdown

The last time I did it:

-I turned off WiFi and shut down my phone approximately 10 minutes before.
-I opened my app and clicked my status and got to the page you could reset
-I refreshed on the top of the minute for 5 minutes until 8 am
-Using my watch, I refreshed exactly at 8:00, and was told “last refreshed at 8.00”
-The join boarding group was still greyed out so I clicked the back button
-On that page the Join boarding group was open, got group 18 I believe

Refresh failed me 2 days prior, and everyone who got groups around me did that method. I never tried Demarke.

disneygeek90

These are spoiler questions about various elements:

Anyone know if the briefing room and transport have been running or bypassed? Status on the effects and AAs? And whether there's been any queue spillover into the hangar?
I don't believe there's been any reports of skipped preshows in several weeks, thankfully. Last Sunday all effects were working for me, including spark effects in AT-AT room that I had not seen recently.

My typical runs lately have been about halfway down the hangar hallway until we hit the line. Sunday I noted it was nearly pushing to the hangar room but nothing that would be seen when the door initially opens.

Parker in NYC

I don't believe there's been any reports of skipped preshows in several weeks, thankfully. Last Sunday all effects were working for me, including spark effects in AT-AT room that I had not seen recently.

My typical runs lately have been about halfway down the hangar until we hit the line. Sunday I noted it was nearly pushing to the hangar room but nothing that would be seen when the door initially opens.

Thanks @disneygeek90 !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom