Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

donsullivan

Premium Member
this , its been horrible anymore, It use to be a walk on no matter what. Now they have walmarted its operation to be a mess and only allowing a couple people at a time on the up ramp etc or its constantly breaking down. I dont know what they did but they ruined a good thing, again.

While the Peoplemover can certainly have legitimate breakdowns (I’ve been evaced at least twice), the vast majority of stops on the attraction are caused by guests who do not load and unload in a timely manner resulting in the need to stop things while they get there act together. Unfortunately the design of this ride system does not give them the option to just slow it down, the whole thing has to stop when someone is taking their sweet time getting out. And the safety protocols define the hold and restart timing so each time this happens the attraction stops moving for a minimum time limit. Just because it’s stopped does not mean it is ’broke down’

As for the ramp, you’ve probably never seen guests crashing into each other at the top of the ramp because of others not moving along and keeping the top of the ramp clear. When this happens they have to slow the pace of guests up the ramp, or stop the ramp entirely For safety reasons.

SplashJacket

Unfortunately the design of this ride system does not give them the option to just slow it down, the whole thing has to stop when someone is taking their sweet time getting out.

I experience this first hand when traveling with my grandmother. She genuinely needs most omnimoves to be slowed down, but man, I can never help but getting somewhat embarrassed when the Cast Members do it, especially for the rides which require complete stops.

UNCgolf

That hasn't been my experience. I've seen an extended queue with chain switchbacks and someone at the end of the line with a "line starts here" sign. Many times. I honestly don't get it.

Maybe I need to start rope dropping it. There's something I never thought I'd say.

Really? I was at the Magic Kingdom three different days in January and I doubt it ever had a wait longer than 10 minutes (despite longer posted wait times). Definitely didn't see anyone lined up outside the queue.

I guess that's just how busy Disney is now. It also probably doesn't help that Tomorrowland is light on worthwhile attractions right now.

drizgirl

While the Peoplemover can certainly have legitimate breakdowns (I’ve been evaced at least twice), the vast majority of stops on the attraction are caused by guests who do not load and unload in a timely manner resulting in the need to stop things while they get there act together. Unfortunately the design of this ride system does not give them the option to just slow it down, the whole thing has to stop when someone is taking their sweet time getting out. And the safety protocols define the hold and restart timing so each time this happens the attraction stops moving for a minimum time limit. Just because it’s stopped does not mean it is ’broke down’

As for the ramp, you’ve probably never seen guests crashing into each other at the top of the ramp because of others not moving along and keeping the top of the ramp clear. When this happens they have to slow the pace of guests up the ramp, or stop the ramp entirely For safety reasons.
I don't think it's breaking down. It seems more like they're babying it to keep it from breaking down. Not letting more than a couple people on the ramp. Putting cones in several sections of each train. If it needs maintenance, then close it and fix it. It really is sad right now.
Precisely because it's the world's greatest theme park. Attendance increases year over year. It gets twice the number of people it is ideally designed for. Attendance on a weekday in February is what it used to be only at the beginning of Summer.

Also, Disney doesn't limit ticket sales for particular days which allows for wild swings of attendance.
The real issue is that theme parks make more profit when attendance doubles and attraction capacity doesn't double. You don't increase margins from their already high levels by adding capacity at the same rate attendance grows.

Goofyernmost

Isn't it school vacation week for most of the East coast?
Mostly the northeast. I haven't had kids in school for more years that I like to think about, but we always planned our trips for the last week in February into the first few days of March. That is when everyone needed a mid winter vacation.

Jabbas

Went to Hollywood studios Monday and was excited to see the new sign. Disappointed that we will miss the opening. We won’t be back until 2022 when my daughter is 2 1/2.

Surferboy567

Here’s a fun game we can play since this thread isn’t doing much a calm before the storm if you will.

Place your bets how long will the STANDBY line will be for the Runaway Railway on March 4?

Another one, will the opening be like Galaxy’s edge where the park is opened earlier then normal?

drew81

Here’s a fun game we can play since this thread isn’t doing much a calm before the storm if you will.

Place your bets how long will the STANDBY line be for the Runaway Railway on March 4?

Another one, will the opening be like Galaxy’s edge where the park is opened earlier then normal?

215 minutes

Surferboy567

Place your bets how long will the STANDBY line will be for the Runaway Railway on March 4?

I’m going to go with a safe estimate and go with 185 minutes (it will probably be longer but I’m sticking to my guess) let’s see if I can price is right guess it. We all know it’s going to be crazy long.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

Posted? 105. Actual? Maybe 90. I'm not as bullish as others it appears, and I doubt they've allocated too much of the opening day capacity to FP...

IanDLBZF

Close to 180 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom