News My Disney Experience and website to become the only way to make dining reservations

Nottamus

The apps have come a long way.

We used to call to book DVC weeks....calling right at the minute reservations opened up

But now, booking on phone is kind of easier...not only that, but adding days, modifying the vacation in most any way can be handled on the web site.

I couldn’t do that a few years ago...so, I’m sure most things will get better online as time passes

VaderTron

Calling was useful. I accidently made a reservation to Oga's Cantina under my name for 1, when this was supposed to be only for my husband. I called the reservation number and they took care of it very quickly.
This would be my biggest concern. Similar scenarios happened to me several times. Trying to find a reservation for the following day I accidentally booked it same day. The app wouldn't let me cancel the reservation and said I had to call to cancel since it was within the 24 hour window of no cancellations. Since Disney charges $10 a person for no-shows I wonder how Disney will deal with these situations going forward?

I think you'll still be able to do that for those types of things.

I would hope that is the case, but would like to hear from official sources.

mdcpr

During my last trip to WDW, I discovered it was very easy to modify (adjusted for an earlier time) my dining reservation using the app.
Except for items like Dining packages, i.e, ROL Dining. You can't modify it in the app. It is not optimized for that.

aladdin2007

what if your on the highway and you get stuck in a backup and need to call to explain the situation about being late, a flat tire or some type of accident and need help making a change?? There are all kinds of scenarios like this, then what? I suppose you could always access the app and move the reservation,,,but if its down or something...nowhere to call at all??

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

I predict more walk-ins.

I predict all the “problem scenarios” mentioned will still be addressed by customer service.

I predict pushing concierge “club level” service as still having someone to call to make dining reservations.

mdcpr

what if your on the highway and you get stuck in a backup and need to call to explain the situation about being late, a flat tire or some type of accident and need help making a change?? There are all kinds of scenarios like this, then what? I suppose you could always access the app and move the reservation,,,but if its down or something...nowhere to call at all??
I have a feeling no restaurant in the world would modify a reservation for this type of scenario. If I make a reservation on Open Table and I get a flat tire on my way to a restaurant, the restaurant is not going to 'hold' my table. It is what it is.

mdcpr

I predict more walk-ins.

I predict all the “problem scenarios” mentioned will still be addressed by customer service.

I predict pushing concierge “club level” service as still having someone to call to make dining reservations.
For an extra $$$ concierge service will fix it. Let's face it, everything the fans are used to will be available at cost.

mdcpr

that may be but opentable doesn't charge a no show/late fee, disney does.
I get it, but probably is up to the CM to sit you. Let's face it, there will be 'less magic' at WDW as time goes by. There might be a 15 minute waiting period for a table, or you will get charged. It wouldn't surprise me if the email that we get when we book ADRs will include additional language about what they are willing to do for you.

ImperfectPixie

I have a feeling no restaurant in the world would modify a reservation for this type of scenario. If I make a reservation on Open Table and I get a flat tire on my way to a restaurant, the restaurant is not going to 'hold' my table. It is what it is.
Disney just being Disney can make you late in countless ways. If they remove the ability to change reservations or alert to potential lateness, then charge a no-show fee if you're late...it will look VERY bad for them.

mdcpr

Disney just being Disney can make you late in countless ways. If they remove the ability to change reservations or alert to potential lateness, then charge a no-show fee if you're late...it will look VERY bad for them.
At this point they are used to looking bad, SGE, Skyliner… they are just a corporation making money. And the people that are spending lots of $$$ will not bark at a $10/pp loss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom