MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

MattC

66E321A0-E747-415E-8FD1-60F98F59DB37.jpeg

Braves clinched tonight! We were there to enjoy the game!

Tony Perkis

I had a hard time with the Rangers game today. I grew up at the Ballpark, and I’m sad to see it go. The team and front office could not have handled the festivities any better.

MattC

I had a hard time with the Rangers game today. I grew up at the Ballpark, and I’m sad to see it go. The team and front office could not have handled the festivities any better.

Sad to see a ballpark go. Hopefully the new one will do the fans well.

Tony Perkis

Sad to see a ballpark go. Hopefully the new one will do the fans well.
It’ll be fine with AC, and god knows we need it in July and August (there was a stretch of 30 days last year where we hovered around 115-120), but this stadium legitimized the Rangers on a national level and gave our franchise some of the best moments of my life.

I’m seeing a Billy Joel concert out there on 10/12, and while I’m convinced that’ll be great, it’s not the same as Opening Day.

Last edited:

MattC

The managerial shake ups are beginning. No big surprises yet. Although, I admittedly don’t know much about the Angels skipper. Curious to see what happens in Philly and with the METS.

SteveBrickNJ

I was listening to Philadelphia Sports Talk Radio this morning (94.1FM)
They were going down a bullet list of reasons why the Phillies need a new manager.
The Phillies definitely under achieved. The clubhouse lacked urgency. etc, etc.
I'm not sure the Mets had as many highly paid stars and as much pre season hype.
The Mets COULD bring back their manager.
We'll see;)

NYwdwfan

Yeah. Personally, I think Calloway (sp?) did ok with the bullpen he had to work with. I do not watch them on a daily basis though.
Edwin Diaz was personally responsible for blowing at least 10 games on his own. You SHOULD be able to bring your closer in to close a game. Unfortunately that was not the case for the Mets. Whether Diaz should have been demoted and Lugo used to close is definitely a debate worth having - and that was all on Callaway.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
The Oakland A's are literally one of those teams that are good in the regular season but can never get over the hump in the playoffs. They should have won a WS with Hudson, Mulder and Zito.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom