Ever had a awkward encounter at Disney?

ObscurityPoint

This costume:
maxresdefault.jpg

Why do you ask? Were you in the Minnie costume once and got a bit too friendly with some guy's bicep and back? :)
I don’t get what you mean by costume. That’s a picture of Mickey and Minnie. The jungle outfits?

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
That makes me really sad. I was so freaked out and it threw me so off guard that I didn't report it (I usually would). I wish I would have been in the right mind when it happened to me to report the person. I'm sorry that this happened to you too.

That’s terrible that yours was to that level. Mine was awkward verging on creepy but not reportable.

graphite1326

i’m responsible for this 1. a few years back i’m on a bus going back to our resort, & there was an older guest talking with another family. she kept complaining about people from NJ & how they’re rude, arrogant, etc
being from NJ, i know we have the rep, & i wasn’t offended while listening to her. she’s entitled to her opinion. if i recall i think she said something like “i wish all the NJ tourists will just pack up & go home.”, and it slipped out of me when i said “we’re not all that bad. i’ve lived in NJ all my life.”
i’ll admit the look on her face was priceless & that wasn’t my intention. i wound up having a good conversation with the 2 families as they were jokingly grilling me about NJ.
I live in an area where people from NJ seem to like to retire. The reputation is real. All of them seem to think since we are in a rural area they are much better than us. I even had a woman say she was going to bring some culture to our area.

KBLovedDisney

During our honeymoon at WDW, we had an ADR for CRT. Well, the hostess (elder lady) was non too happy working there. Looked at us and asked with a straight face, "Just you two?" I said yes. She then rolled her eyes at us and said "Of course." And then sighed. Not sure if there had been many before us that were doing the same or the lady was not having a Magical Day.

Tom P.

Sitting in the food court at Art of Animation. My wife has gone up to get food.

My then 2-year-old son has an issue with the muscles in his eyes and his eyelids. It is noticeable sometimes, particularly with his eyelids making him look sleepy all the time.

A man comes up and asks what's wrong with his eyes. I give a brief explanation, and he immediately puts his hands on either side of my son's head.

I don't believe I have ever come out of a chair faster. Fortunately, he saw my reaction and let go. I told him "you do NOT put your hands on my children." He told me that it was okay, that he was a faith healer and was going to "fix" his eyes.

After a couple more seconds of back and forth, he finally gave up and walked away. But for a second, I thought I was going to have to yell for a cast member to help.

COrunner

The only really cringey one I can remember is waiting in a line a few years ago and a family definitely was having a moment... And making sure that everyone around them knew in detail why.

Mom was complaining about the price, of everything and their kids need to remember how special this is. Dad was yelling at the wife that she shouldn't be buying x, y, z considering they paid (down to the cent) for their hotel.

Everyone within about 10 feet on either side was trying to not make eye contact with them and it went on for awhile...

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Nothing crazy for me, but I did run into an old lady friend from high school in the stroller parking for FOTLK last year. She noticed me. I hadn't seen or heard from her in a decade. It definitely felt awkward having our families meet each other. But then six months later our daughters ended up in the same ballet class at home. :oops: :hilarious:

SirWillow

Former CM: Photopass photographer...

about 7-8 years ago, my wife & i were in line at epcot for a photo in front of the fountain. a couple was posing for the photographer, but they weren’t in line. as we stood for our pic, the husband/bf (whoever he was) appeared annoyed & kept photobombing is.
when the photographer kindly asked him to step away, he accused us of cutting them off. the photographer told him they were never in line for a pic. if they want one they have to stand in the line (which she pointed too).
the couple just stormed off & continued to say we cut them off. hope they had a magical day 😜

Wish I could say that was unique, but saw it happen on a regular basis. Especially near the Partner's statue at MK or in front of the entrance planter at Epcot. yep, that's the ones that we would tell them, "Have a magical day" as they left. :p

My other awkward story happened on the same trip. We met Chip and Dale in Epcot. I hugged one of them, and then I went to hug the other... and my ex snapped a picture right as Dale appeared to be looking at my butt. I'm sure it was just the angle of the head of the costume, but that angle was dead on.

I'm pretty confident that with the way the sight holes are lined up that while the head may be looking one way, Dale was actually looking a different direction. pretty confident, but can't say 100%. Many of the fur characters have bad vision and have a very hard time seeing what you think they're seeing. :)

What was odd for me was in 5 years I had a few times where I had old friends show up while I working, and realize who I was as they were asking for a photograph. Not unusual except that I grew up in California and didn't move to Florida until I was in my 30's, and it was while working at WDW that this happened. That made for some interesting encounters and conversations. More than once I was happy I was working and had to make it brief so I could move on to the next guest waiting for a photo. Yeah, high school wasn't that great for me, though there were some from college that we passed on contact information so we could get together again later.

it was one time though that I was happy I didn't really have to many ex's to worry about. :cool:

cw1982

Former CM: Photopass photographer...

Wish I could say that was unique, but saw it happen on a regular basis. Especially near the Partner's statue at MK or in front of the entrance planter at Epcot. yep, that's the ones that we would tell them, "Have a magical day" as they left. :p

I'm pretty confident that with the way the sight holes are lined up that while the head may be looking one way, Dale was actually looking a different direction. pretty confident, but can't say 100%. Many of the fur characters have bad vision and have a very hard time seeing what you think they're seeing. :)

What was odd for me was in 5 years I had a few times where I had old friends show up while I working, and realize who I was as they were asking for a photograph. Not unusual except that I grew up in California and didn't move to Florida until I was in my 30's, and it was while working at WDW that this happened. That made for some interesting encounters and conversations. More than once I was happy I was working and had to make it brief so I could move on to the next guest waiting for a photo. Yeah, high school wasn't that great for me, though there were some from college that we passed on contact information so we could get together again later.

it was one time though that I was happy I didn't really have to many ex's to worry about. :cool:

Oh I have no doubt that they couldn't really see the lower half of my body. I'm only 5'2", so in that chipmunk suit it would have been pretty much impossible. But it made for a funny picture.

Hcalvert

It didn't happen to me, but a friend of mine from France was in line at the bakery in the French section of Epcot. The girls behind the counter were speaking very negatively (in French) about all the guests in line. When my friend got to the front, she calmly told them they should watch what they say ... in French.
I have found the French servers very condescending several times to the point that I stopped going. I don't care how great the food is there. I get enough disrespect at my job and I am definitely not going to patronize a business that is disrespectful toward me.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The only really cringey one I can remember is waiting in a line a few years ago and a family definitely was having a moment... And making sure that everyone around them knew in detail why.

Mom was complaining about the price, of everything and their kids need to remember how special this is. Dad was yelling at the wife that she shouldn't be buying x, y, z considering they paid (down to the cent) for their hotel.

Everyone within about 10 feet on either side was trying to not make eye contact with them and it went on for awhile...
Another Katiebug sighting confirmed

hauntology

i went out to eat at outback steakhouse in orlando before returning to pop century at like..2 AM. and some guy PERFECTLY IMITATING MICKEYS VOICE was like HOPE YOU HAD A MAGICAL DAY and i scream and it's a cast member wearing MICKEY GLOVES WAVING GOODBYE.

AdamNV87

Original Poster
i went out to eat at outback steakhouse in orlando before returning to pop century at like..2 AM. and some guy PERFECTLY IMITATING MICKEYS VOICE was like HOPE YOU HAD A MAGICAL DAY and i scream and it's a cast member wearing MICKEY GLOVES WAVING GOODBYE.
That is terrifying, but also somehow deserving of a promotion. :hilarious:

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I am an absolutely passionate and obsessed Scrooge McDuck fan and literally always, every day, wear something to do with Scrooge McDuck. I have Scrooge socks, way over 20 Scrooge shirts, Scrooge lock screen on my phone, Scrooge phone case forever, Scrooge ringtone. Everything Scrooge. So when we were going to the Artist Point for the first time I was, naturally, wearing a Scrooge shirt and my wife was really irritated about it because of how "nice" the AP is. So she just kept going on about how she wished I'd worn something different there and I was like "but I have the coolest shirt in the whole place and I bet nobody will compliment YOUR shirt". So literally a few minutes later a waiter FROM A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SECTION walked over to our table and said "I don't want to bother you but I've just GOT to tell you that you have got on the coolest shirt I have seen all day!" LOL!!!!!!!! Oh man my wife was mad and that CM was like "???" and then I explained that my wife wasn't too hot on me wearing that shirt there since it was "nice" and I still laugh about that to this day and it still kills my wife when I tell people about it. LOL!

I am Timmy

These stories are great, what a good idea to start this! Strange, all my awkward encounters seem to have been at Universal.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom