Mom wants childless couples banned from WDW

Animaniac93-98

We Gen X'ers and older made them what they are.

Are you suggesting the parents of Millennials take responsibility for the way THEY raised THEIR children and created the economic and social environment they are now expected to live in?

Because it's WAY easier to just blame the kids and their social media (that they also did not invent). ;)

Janir

Are you suggesting the parents of Millennials take responsibility for the way THEY raised THEIR children and created the economic and social environment they are now expected to live in?

Because it's WAY easier to just blame the kids and their social media (that they also did not invent). ;)
Yup. Ok, again, childless but not to say parenting is easy by any means, but if you want your children to be well functioning adults, one needs to take responsibility for raising and educating their child, and letting them learn some life lessons so they aren't crippled when they don't get their pretzel. ( or their own child doesn't get their pretzel)
I have a great tee shirt I bought just to wear to wear at my parents. Says "Wooden Spoon Survivor". I wear it in just around my parents, but if I needed the wooden spoon, they delivered. Seems parents today are barely willing to put their kids in "time out" when they need to.

Wendy Pleakley

There are a lot of people who think that the parks should cater exclusively to their preferences. That woman just happened to express it in a manner that went viral.

Yep, I wonder how many people who think this woman is nuts, are the same ones that complain when the price of WDW falls outside of their personal budget?

Tom P.

As a parent of five children, I can attest to the fact that people have often given us strange looks, like we're part of some cult because we had more than the statistical average of 2.5 children. I have seen the looks from people in restaurants or at church (!) when we bring our large family in. I could not even begin to count the number of "you know what causes that, right?" jokes that people have made, thinking that they are so clever and the first ones to ever make that joke.

You know the one place I have literally never gotten that look or that attitude? Walt Disney World. Not once have we been made to feel like we are some weird crazy cultists when we bring our five children into a hotel or a ride or a restaurant. People have been nothing but accepting and pleasant to us. And that really means something to my wife and I, and it's one of the many reasons that we love WDW so much.

Given that, I cannot imagine not extending the same acceptance and pleasantness to anyone else. If you are a childless millennial coming to WDW, more power to you. I hope you enjoy it just as much as everyone else. And even with five children in tow, sometimes getting irritated and impatient and even having the occasional meltdown, it would never even cross my mind to be upset, let alone take to social media with a rant, because someone who is childless got a pretzel ahead of my children.

The_Jobu

This lady sounds like a fruitcake. Disney does a great job of making sure everyone has fun and everyone spends lots of money. Does she think that toddlers are the ones booking spa appointments and spending money at the bars?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
As a parent of five children, I can attest to the fact that people have often given us strange looks, like we're part of some cult because we had more than the statistical average of 2.5 children. I have seen the looks from people in restaurants or at church (!) when we bring our large family in. I could not even begin to count the number of "you know what causes that, right?" jokes that people have made, thinking that they are so clever and the first ones to ever make that joke.

You know the one place I have literally never gotten that look or that attitude? Walt Disney World. Not once have we been made to feel like we are some weird crazy cultists when we bring our five children into a hotel or a ride or a restaurant. People have been nothing but accepting and pleasant to us. And that really means something to my wife and I, and it's one of the many reasons that we love WDW so much.

Given that, I cannot imagine not extending the same acceptance and pleasantness to anyone else. If you are a childless millennial coming to WDW, more power to you. I hope you enjoy it just as much as everyone else. And even with five children in tow, sometimes getting irritated and impatient and even having the occasional meltdown, it would never even cross my mind to be upset, let alone take to social media with a rant, because someone who is childless got a pretzel ahead of my children.
Five kids, good on ya! I used to work with Eric (quoted in this story...) you think YOU got weird looks?

mdcpr

Yup. Ok, again, childless but not to say parenting is easy by any means, but if you want your children to be well functioning adults, one needs to take responsibility for raising and educating their child, and letting them learn some life lessons so they aren't crippled when they don't get their pretzel. ( or their own child doesn't get their pretzel)
I have a great tee shirt I bought just to wear to wear at my parents. Says "Wooden Spoon Survivor". I wear it in just around my parents, but if I needed the wooden spoon, they delivered. Seems parents today are barely willing to put their kids in "time out" when they need to.
I don't do the wooden spoon, but totally agree. I've always said that if a parent doesn't have a nervous breakdown at least once a year, they are not doing their job right. Parenting is not supposed to be easy, but the rewards when done right are amazing.

VaderTron

This is not even news. It's just a click bait article with a single person's controversial opinion as it's headline. It has no relevance to anything. It's the same level of importance as if I was interviewed and the headline was "Man Says Disney World Should Ban Entitled Guests Who Are Ruining the Parks", or "Man Demands Spoiled Children Who Scream and Cry Be Banned from Disney World".

For the record, I did not read the article nor many of the comments on this forum as it's a pointless matter. Just remember, it's reactions and clicks that feed this type of "reporting".

Shouldigo12

I never had an opportunity to go to Disneyland as a young child. My first time was 13. I went several times with and with out family during my teens. I pretty sure as a teen I may have left people with un-magical moments from my antics. During my teens going with my GF at the time, having some college age group making us sick from passing some nasty gas, in the que to a ride, probably help make people think not families with out kids should be banded. Going with my future wife in our twenties, I did notice a stigma being kidless. When random characters used to walk around the place, and people would not line up but create a rough who goes first, and one group per side. I found in my old pictures that the character would favor looking at the kids side of the photo is we were sharing the character. If we were waiting for our turn, they usually waved the kids over first. The first time we made money for a trip as a family my daughter was 10, and I swear characters would pose with us more than with out her.
To those who think the kidless are ruining or making the parks more crowded, I think the kidless already have a disadvantage for not having kids with them. I am not saying that they are ignored. Maybe it is just me, but I feel those with kids get better better preferential treatment than those who do not.
I noticed something similar. When I was there last year I had a character meal at Tusker House. All of the characters except completely skipped our table, and did the same to any other tables without kids. I didn't make a fuss about it since we did get a picture with one and I was mostly there for the food anyway, but the idea of people paying for a meal specifically to meet characters and then being skipped over because they didn't have kids did bother me a bit.

danyoung56

I know you're probably kidding, but I don't think that at all. Some people have a strong idea of what kind of crowd should be allowed in a place. I'm sure she's sincere in thinking that us childless adults have no business visiting WDW.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Welllll? Parent of FOUR wonderful children :). We took 'em to WDW. About 20 years ago :). You see, they grew up :).
Now, they take their families.

But in our '60s, DW & I still go to WDW, on our own. Just askin.... should someone kick us out? Are we persona non grata?

MissingDisney

i remember this too, wasnt it under a post called "the return of katiebug?" or something like that?
Yep.

And most recently, https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...als-at-disney-goes-viral.956793/#post-8798628

jaques21

Yep.

And most recently, https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...als-at-disney-goes-viral.956793/#post-8798628
BINGO! well done @HappyDisFam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom