Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

jt04

No, Just NO, don't take the iconic, funny country bears away, please!

Without BTMRR Frontierland is a paper thin land at best. And an anachronism for the MK. Though it works at Disneyland given the parks founder and when it opened. Disney emphasized the western genre and the 1950's were the heyday of Western themed amusement parks. Of course Disneyland improved on the concept.

Moving the existing components to the "Wilderness Resorts " could satisfy the needs of that resort by providing guests a mini entertainment zone. This wouldn't include moving Splash Mountain of course as it has nothing to do with frontier America.

If I was armchair imagineering the replacement of Frontierland I would do this....

Move the train station north to the undeveloped expansion pad.

Convert the existing train station pad and Splash Mountain into Critter Country. Disney is pushing a new Disney animal line similar to Pixars Cars and Disney Princesses.

Redesign everything from the Diamond Horseshoe to Pecos Bill into "New Orleans Street" featuring restaurants and attractions inspired by PatF. Move the riverboat down to this area.

Add something like Discovery Bay on the northern expansion pad including the new train depot. Access to this land is by train or walking path beside Big Thunder.

I'd give up the CBJ inside the MK for all that in a second.

IMO.

Musical Mermaid

Parts of the South were also part of the American frontier. “Frontier” is not a synonym for Western, although a majority of the West was part of the American frontier. The settlers were pushing westward, but also pushing southward claiming territory during the 1800s.

Tokyo, as I understand it, calls theirs Westernland, because they have no word for frontier, so I can see an argument for keeping theirs “Western themed”, but I really don’t see any glaring problems with Magic Kingdom’s.

jt04

Parts of the South were also part of the American frontier. “Frontier” is not a synonym for Western, although a majority of the West was part of the American frontier. The settlers were pushing westward, but also pushing southward claiming territory during the 1800s.

Tokyo, as I understand it, calls theirs Westernland, because they have no word for frontier, so I can see an argument for keeping theirs “Western themed”, but I really don’t see any glaring problems with Magic Kingdom’s.

Except that somehow the "south" has materialized in theming that is clearly based west of the great plains.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

lol. They are on fire this week with responding to rumors

DAR1974

img_9643.gif

huwar18

Sounds like the site which cannot be named is trying to take credit for Country Bears not getting this make over...

"We thank all of you who wrote in to voice your love and nostalgia for the Country Bears and helped to Save the Jamboree!"
Yeah...I saw a tweet from them trying to spin the story that way. Such a joke

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom