What is your favorite attraction style?

Favorite attraction style

• Classic Dark Ride (Peter Pan/Imagination)

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • River Boat (Pirates/Navi/LWTL/3 Caballeros)

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Simulation (Soarin/Star Tours/FOP)

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • 4D Film (Philharmagic/Muppet*Vision/Bugs)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live Show (Nemo/Lion King/Parades/Indy)

• Animatronic Show (Tiki Room/Country Bears/AA/HOP)

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Log Flume (Splash Mountain)

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Circle Vision/Normal film (France/O Canada/China)

• Roller Coaster (Rockin'/Slinky Dog/Space/Thunder)

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Other (Specify! Drop zone, carnival, transportation...)

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
What is your favorite attraction style???

My personal favorite is animatronic shows, with live shows following right behind. When it comes to actual rides, though, it'd have to go to river boats.

But oof. Just imagine of animatronic shows were made with the multi-million dollar AAs they use today. It'd be just as impressive as it was when Tiki Room first opened. I'd love to see a brand new multi-million dollar Carousel of Progress today! Or even Country Bears. That'd be so neat.

Smiley/OCD

UGH!!! That's like asking me which DD I love more...my favorite rides are in different categories. Up until they changed Soarin' and replaced it with SatW, THAT was my favorite attraction, with Splash coming in a close second. FoP, I've been on once and loved it, so we'll see if that moves up on my list. I guess I have to go with Splash Mountain.

JustAFan

I enjoy most rides at WDW, but my favorite are the thrill rides with fast turns and drops. Ultimately, as long as it exits into a gift shop, I'm all good. :D

KCheatle

At WDW, it's the classic dark rides, but solely because of the nostalgia. Take me out of WDW, and it's a tie between roller coasters and log flumes.

JIMINYCR

If I was to pick one I'd have to go with the entertaining Animatronic shows. Theres so many different characters and animals with various movements that come to life. I'd like to see more around and although we are getting into the realistic ones, theres something thats appealing about the old style that continues to bring enjoyment.

justintheharris

It's hard to pick one. I could love any of them so long as they're done well. If I had to choose, I chose roller coaster although I love classic dark rides and log flumes and boat rides.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
When it comes to Disney specifically, I definitely prefer the dark rides. They're Disney storytelling at its best and even the attractions that aren't dark rides, such as Splash Mountain, benefit from the things Imagineering has learned while doing them.

If I wanted to ride roller coasters I'd go to another park since they're usually much more thrilling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom