GRrrr, how to handle last minute guest additions.

eliza61nyc

I swear I was adopted into a jungle tribe, lol. How does a girl who is the uber organizer end up in a family of wingers??
Anyhoo, In December I planned a trip for my kids and a few of their cousins. They are all around the same age and 2 are graduating from college and 1 is turning 21. I booked a 2 bedroom villa and invited 7 folks. Long story short, 3 said no so we went on with our plans. Now 36 days out, one of the kids Auntie says she has decided to go. No problem on the room front but we've made our fast passes already.

Any suggestions? (I've been told that smothering her with a pillow is frowned upon and could cause me to miss the trip. ;))

ToTBellHop

Nothing can be done other than trying to get similar FPs for her. You cannot simply increase your FPs from 4 to 5 guests. It will take a LOT of leg-work from you to get her FPs close to your own and a lot of organization to keep track of FPs windows that will differ a bit.

Like you, I'm the most organized in my family and had to do exactly what you are mentioning 2 years ago. It was a bit of a headache and required a spreadsheet of FP windows, but we still had fun.

Or you could say, "you're a grown-a** adult; you're on your own for FPs!" but I doubt that's you. I took pity on my sister and did the hours of work to get all of the FPs within about 15 minutes of each other, which was the best I could do. If you happen to have FPs for Flight of Passage or Slinky Dog Dash, she's likely out of luck and will be your personal off-ride photographer.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

ADRs and FP+ changes can be tough. FP+ really all you can do is try to get matching times for them. If they are added as your friends and family then they can see your FP+ and try to match them. Things like FoP and SDMT might be tough, but if they are persistent they might luck out and get overlapping times.

Upvote 0

DisAl

For any ADRs I would CALL rather than try to modify them on line. They can do a lot of things in the call centers that you can't.
For FPs, remind them that at this late date all you can do is TRY to get FPs near the same times. For some attractions the FPs simply won't be available. Tell them this this is a classic case of "you snooze, you lose" and there is nothing you can do about it if FPs are not available for them.

Upvote 0

righttrack

My advice is to try all you can (or for them to try) and maybe try to sort it out with concierge when you arrive? They might be able to help in these situations. Usually the impossible situations, the ones that don't fit in by clicking a box online, they can help with. I'm sure they'll at least try.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

If you cant get it worked out just explain to her that because she made last minute plans she may be left out of some things. WDW is one of those places that gets tougher and tougher to arrange if youre not making advanced arrangements.

Upvote 0

WDWMPrincess

Certainly I would try calling on ADRs to see if you can get the extra tacked on. I would see what can be done regarding fast passes at this moment as well. Forewarned is forearmed after all.

Once you have done what you can at this time I would suggest you sit the late addition down privately and patiently explain due to the late notice some deadlines have already passed. You have done what you can, but you were not able to get her all the same fast passes as the rest of the group.

I would also explain this isn't necessarily the last word as you will ask politely at guest services upon arrival. I would probably also let the rest of the group know what is happening and encourage them to stick with the plans you've made since you won't know yet what is possible for the addition. You might also at this time provide her with a schedule of your fast passes for the group and show her how to refresh, refresh, refresh herself. Sometimes you get lucky.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom