Trip Report I Vowed Never Again ~ Yet Here We Are! *COMPLETED*

Wait, what?

WDW-obsessed Tuvalu actually vowed never again ?!?!

Must. Read. More.

Clickbait! :joyfull:

But there is truth in my statement. I did vow not to visit the world whenever our spring break...always the first week in April....aligns with Easter. The first week of April typically brings heavy crowds since most southern school systems are out. I can handle heavy. But add in additional volume from schools that coordinate their break with Easter and “heavy” becomes INSANE. (Not quite the insanity of Christmas week....I am smart enough to avoid that, thanks to a one-day trip in 1994.)

But I’ve BEEN THERE ~
In 2009 (during the recession) when it took 40 minutes just to get through the Epcot parking booth....and the line for the boat ride in Mexico was out the front door of the pavilion....and Magic Kingdom was closed due to capacity.

In 2010 when the mid-morning standby wait for Test Track was 240 minutes (that’s 4 hours, people!) and the wait time for Nemo (Nemo!) was 150 minutes.

In 2015 when we watched the 6:45 am MK Welcome show in the dark because we wanted to ride a few attractions before the hordes descended.

Long lines to use the restrooms (always filthy because attendants couldn’t keep up); no available tables in quick-service locations, forcing guests to sit on the ground outside the restaurants; and a general atmosphere of cranky/angry guests who didn’t like dealing with the multitude any more than I did.

So I declared, DONE THAT!

Or so I thought.....

My darling daughter Em lives for spring break. As a student she vacationed (Disney or beach) every year but one ~ and there was nearly a mutiny! Now that she’s a teacher, going away for spring break has reached an even higher level of importance. 😉 With this year’s Easter/spring break overlap, we began researching other warm-weather destinations.

Guess what we discovered. Transportation, resort and dining costs were cheaper if we went to WDW! And having APs means our entertainment would be free. Em’s teacher budget would not be strained. The practical side of me could not argue....and the mom side of me could not disappoint my daughter.

We leave on Monday. We’re prepared. And we’re gonna be LIVE!

BB429FCD-F668-4041-835B-D5BAFEDFD831.jpeg

A few Magic meet-ups are in the works. Hope to keep them a surprise (as long as @Zipitidoda doesn’t spill the beans! :cautious:)

Despite declining MagicBands for our upcoming stay, these arrived in yesterday’s mail ~

B65C6FED-62FE-4F60-AC49-54D2F3BA526E.jpeg

Yeah, like we’re gonna wear the UGLY gray ones.....🙄

See Ya Real Soon!

LisaBelle

Em would be committed if this year’s class looped with her in the fall! :joyfull:
That was me last year! This year’s crew was far from easy, but I think it will be okay. Kindergarten is my favorite, so I am not thrilled to be going to first grade. I haven’t taught first grade in ten years so it will definitely be a challenge.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Tuvalu , "freeloading"on your TR for a post here -- just for you! :p

Got back Thursday night. I took a few pictures especially for you.

Bathroom winner (although no flowers) in Norway --

215.JPG

Honorable mention (no flowers again . . . ) but I really like the tilework (Pandora) --

095.JPG

Now for a coveted item (at Swan) found in a guestroom in 2018 (photo 1 is a hint, and photo 2 for the kill ! :joyfull: )
184.JPG

and, (drum roll . . .) --

183.JPG

Jealous?! :hilarious:

blreinsel

What a great gift! Kids are finished on Thursday as well! Can. Not. Wait.:cool: Love my kiddos but I am ready for a break. Especially because they are looping up with me next year!

Eek! 1st grade teachers are pretty great. ;) However, I think that looping would be awful lol. I love my kids, but I'm ready for a new bunch!

And back here in PA....my fiancé’s school isn’t out until June 6th!! @TrolleyFollower91 & @blgauger...be glad you’re not teaching up here!!

I sure am glad! Lol

LisaBelle

Eek! 1st grade teachers are pretty great. ;) However, I think that looping would be awful lol. I love my kids, but I'm ready for a new bunch!
I haven’t looped in about 20 years! It will at least be good to already know my students since I am learning a new curriculum! I haven’t taught first grade in about 10 years so it will be a new challenge.

TrolleyFollower91

I haven’t looped in about 20 years! It will at least be good to already know my students since I am learning a new curriculum! I haven’t taught first grade in about 10 years so it will be a new challenge.
We have several teachers in our building looping this year. They moved 13 teachers to new grade levels and rearranged the entire building layout :oops::jawdrop:. I am glad I spared the loop! I did have to move my classroom though. :arghh:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We have several teachers in our building looping this year. They moved 13 teachers to new grade levels and rearranged the entire building layout :oops::jawdrop:. I am glad I spared the loop! I did have to move my classroom though. :arghh:

Moving classrooms is a pain-in-the-neck! I had to move a few years ago and I didn't realize I had so much junk in my classroom. I hope I don't have to move again. Although it did help me organize myself a little better.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
@Tuvalu , "freeloading"on your TR for a post here -- just for you! :p

Got back Thursday night. I took a few pictures especially for you.

Bathroom winner (although no flowers) in Norway --

View attachment 286339

Honorable mention (no flowers again . . . ) but I really like the tilework (Pandora) --

View attachment 286340

Now for a coveted item (at Swan) found in a guestroom in 2018 (photo 1 is a hint, and photo 2 for the kill ! :joyfull: )View attachment 286343

and, (drum roll . . .) --

View attachment 286344

Jealous?! :hilarious:
Awwww, @MinnieM123 thanks for the special pics! I have not seen that beautiful tile work in the Pandora restroom and will need to check it out on my next visit.

You didn’t even need to include photo #2 of Swan room 2018....or even #1 for that matter....as soon as I read the words “coveted item” I knew what I was going to see! :joyfull:

Funny story.....I had to use my digital travel clock at the GF earlier this month. Towards the end of our stay, we returned to find a GIANT clock (actually an iHome) plugged in right next to my tiny travel clock. (Which raises the questions ~ why did it suddenly appear and why wasn’t it in the room in the first place?)

LisaBelle

:jawdrop: I thought it was just in Cincinnati where all the principals lost their minds and decided to move everyone's grade levels and classrooms for next year! Lots of my friends in different buildings experienced the same thing. In my case what's frustrating is that most of it was totally unnecessary :arghh::banghead::mad:.
Moving classrooms is a pain-in-the-neck! I had to move a few years ago and I didn't realize I had so much junk in my classroom. I hope I don't have to move again. Although it did help me organize myself a little better.
Amen, sister! I had to move to a new floor. I had been in the same room for 9 years so I purged a lot! We had so many people moving that it was chaos! We weren't allowed to move anything until the last day or two and the room I was moving into wasn't empty, so I had to just stack all of my stuff in one corner of my new room :banghead:. Now I get to spend my first week of "vacation" unpacking. Plus, the custodians won't move all the furniture until summer school is over, so I will still have to do all of that arranging in the fall. The move, plus all the prep work involved in teaching a new grade level is seriously eating into my summer :arghh:!

TrolleyFollower91

:jawdrop: I thought it was just in Cincinnati where all the principals lost their minds and decided to move everyone's grade levels and classrooms for next year! Lots of my friends in different buildings experienced the same thing. In my case what's frustrating is that most of it was totally unnecessary :arghh::banghead::mad:.

Amen, sister! I had to move to a new floor. I had been in the same room for 9 years so I purged a lot! We had so many people moving that it was chaos! We weren't allowed to move anything until the last day or two and the room I was moving into wasn't empty, so I had to just stack all of my stuff in one corner of my new room :banghead:. Now I get to spend my first week of "vacation" unpacking. Plus, the custodians won't move all the furniture until summer school is over, so I will still have to do all of that arranging in the fall. The move, plus all the prep work involved in teaching a new grade level is seriously eating into my summer :arghh:!
I had to move out of my third grade classroom into another third grade classroom. And the best part? My old classroom will still be third grade next year! Talk about unnecessary.

I purged so much stuff, too. Most of it wasn’t even mine to start with. Someone “thoughtfully” left it for me. And I can’t even unpack at all because our building is being painted this summer!

LisaBelle

I had to move out of my third grade classroom into another third grade classroom. And the best part? My old classroom will still be third grade next year! Talk about unnecessary.

I purged so much stuff, too. Most of it wasn’t even mine to start with. Someone “thoughtfully” left it for me. And I can’t even unpack at all because our building is being painted this summer!

Not so much a "like" as an "I feel your pain". That really stinks that you can't unpack at all :jawdrop:. I can't believe how inconsiderate some people are. We had several teachers that were leaving our school and I heard rumors that they were doing some "thoughtful" leaving behind. I also had the "joy" of cleaning out the communal closet in our pod. There was an unbelievable amount of junk in there, too. People have apparently used it as a dumping ground for several years :mad:.

TrolleyFollower91

Not so much a "like" as an "I feel your pain". That really stinks that you can't unpack at all :jawdrop:. I can't believe how inconsiderate some people are. We had several teachers that were leaving our school and I heard rumors that they were doing some "thoughtful" leaving behind. I also had the "joy" of cleaning out the communal closet in our pod. There was an unbelievable amount of junk in there, too. People have apparently used it as a dumping ground for several years :mad:.
Good thing we both have Disney to look forward to!!

Megbutnotmegan

Oh I have been there. 3 years ago they reconfigured our district so I had to pack up everything and move across town. Then last year they put in new flooring so everything had to be packed again. 😭 I really hope I can leave it all alone this year but I never trust it until I’m out that door. And we aren’t out until June 28 this year 😳

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oh I have been there. 3 years ago they reconfigured our district so I had to pack up everything and move across town. Then last year they put in new flooring so everything had to be packed again. 😭 I really hope I can leave it all alone this year but I never trust it until I’m out that door. And we aren’t out until June 28 this year 😳

What are you complaining aboutJune 28th is a great day! (my birthday) ;):)But I definitely would not want to be in school on that day.

blreinsel

There was a ton of grade level and room changing at my school for next year too. I moved classrooms, though I requested it. My classroom this year had a terrible layout and had TWO entire walls of (basically) floor to ceiling cabinets. It was wonderful as far as storage was concerned, however there was only one way to arrange my furniture... and it wasn't a good arrangement. I also had 4 sinks in my room, but only 1 worked. :rolleyes: Fortunately, I only had to move across the large room that connects 4 of our 1st grade classrooms. One of our teachers was (thankfully) not asked to return next year and when she found out, took her personal belongings and hopped on a plane back to PA.. with only 4 days of school left and without informing anybody. So we were left to pick up the pieces, clean up her room, do her grades, etc. I should also mention that this is the THIRD "permanent" teacher that has been in that room this year, as well as 3 long-term subs, a few day-to-day subs here and there, and having to split the students in the class into the other 5 classrooms for a couple of days.

That all being said, I was able to start cleaning that room up and moving my stuff over throughout the last week of school. My kids enjoyed carrying loads of stuff over and I enjoyed the happy help. ;) I went in today to finish moving and organized everything (for the most part) so I don't have to worry about it in August. I was amazed at how much stuff I'm accumulated in only a year so can only imagine how much I'll have after 20 years. :oops:

And I can’t even unpack at all because our building is being painted this summer!

The WORST! They painted our building in October and informed us at about 2pm the day of that we had to have everything taken off the walls and out of the way before we left for the night (because they would be painting through the night). The real kicker was that we had 2 full planning days and were already dealing with the extra work of planning for subs. That also meant that we had to come in early the next day to get everything cleaned back up and ready for a sub to be in our rooms for 2 days. :rolleyes: These are the things they don't tell you about in college lol.

LisaBelle

There was a ton of grade level and room changing at my school for next year too. I moved classrooms, though I requested it. My classroom this year had a terrible layout and had TWO entire walls of (basically) floor to ceiling cabinets. It was wonderful as far as storage was concerned, however there was only one way to arrange my furniture... and it wasn't a good arrangement. I also had 4 sinks in my room, but only 1 worked. :rolleyes: Fortunately, I only had to move across the large room that connects 4 of our 1st grade classrooms. One of our teachers was (thankfully) not asked to return next year and when she found out, took her personal belongings and hopped on a plane back to PA.. with only 4 days of school left and without informing anybody. So we were left to pick up the pieces, clean up her room, do her grades, etc. I should also mention that this is the THIRD "permanent" teacher that has been in that room this year, as well as 3 long-term subs, a few day-to-day subs here and there, and having to split the students in the class into the other 5 classrooms for a couple of days.

That all being said, I was able to start cleaning that room up and moving my stuff over throughout the last week of school. My kids enjoyed carrying loads of stuff over and I enjoyed the happy help. ;) I went in today to finish moving and organized everything (for the most part) so I don't have to worry about it in August. I was amazed at how much stuff I'm accumulated in only a year so can only imagine how much I'll have after 20 years. :oops:

The WORST! They painted our building in October and informed us at about 2pm the day of that we had to have everything taken off the walls and out of the way before we left for the night (because they would be painting through the night). The real kicker was that we had 2 full planning days and were already dealing with the extra work of planning for subs. That also meant that we had to come in early the next day to get everything cleaned back up and ready for a sub to be in our rooms for 2 days. :rolleyes: These are the things they don't tell you about in college lol.

I’m glad you were able to get organized in your new classroom! 4 sinks in your old room 😳?! I can’t believe the other teacher at your school just left!! So sorry you all had to clean up after her!
I hear you on all the things they don’t tell you in college, lol! They did a similar thing to us with installing new carpeting. They said we didn’t need to move anything-the installers would do it all. True, they did, but they threw everything into piles and left it all for us to clean up!

blreinsel

I’m glad you were able to get organized in your new classroom! 4 sinks in your old room 😳?! I can’t believe the other teacher at your school just left!! So sorry you all had to clean up after her!
I hear you on all the things they don’t tell you in college, lol! They did a similar thing to us with installing new carpeting. They said we didn’t need to move anything-the installers would do it all. True, they did, but they threw everything into piles and left it all for us to clean up!

It was a very strange room lol. Her leaving was for the best so all is well. ;) I hear you loud and clear on them throwing everything into piles and making a royal mess! The painters did the exact same thing to us. It was awful.

Sorry for hijacking your report with our teacher woes @Tuvalu ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom