Arrange by most recent threads, not most recent posts

rkleinlein

Original Poster
Is there as way to arrange forums by new threads, newest to oldest, rather than by recent messages posted to all threads?

DisneyBergh

There wasn't. Is there any interest?
I personally like to sort by original post date so I can read the newest topics, not just the newest posts. Many of the newest posts are on threads months or even years old. I notice that since the update that removed that feature I haven't read as many threads (not intentional, but I'm not interested in reading comments on threads that are months or years old) . I'm not an ad clicker, so if your advertising is click based, no loss for you. If its view based then you're losing some ad revenue from me, but I'm sure not near enough to spend money on an upgrade. In the end, it doesn't really matter to me, but I did like the ability to sort. °o°

edit to add: Thank you for following up! I really do appreciate the effort!!!

rkleinlein

Original Poster
Totally agree with DisneyBerg and I too read less posts that I used to. Do I remember correctly that we used to be able to arrange by most recent topics? I liked it that way because I could quickly scan the recent topics and decide what to read. Please let us sort by topic/discussion in addition to comments/posts.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I personally like to sort by original post date so I can read the newest topics, not just the newest posts. Many of the newest posts are on threads months or even years old. I notice that since the update that removed that feature I haven't read as many threads (not intentional, but I'm not interested in reading comments on threads that are months or years old) . I'm not an ad clicker, so if your advertising is click based, no loss for you. If its view based then you're losing some ad revenue from me, but I'm sure not near enough to spend money on an upgrade. In the end, it doesn't really matter to me, but I did like the ability to sort. °o°

edit to add: Thank you for following up! I really do appreciate the effort!!!
Totally agree with DisneyBerg and I too read less posts that I used to. Do I remember correctly that we used to be able to arrange by most recent topics? I liked it that way because I could quickly scan the recent topics and decide what to read. Please let us sort by topic/discussion in addition to comments/posts.

Is this the view you are looking for?
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/forums/...rent-events.4/?order=post_date&direction=desc

rkleinlein

Original Poster
Thanks for your help but, no. This is what I see when I used the link you provided. It doesn't seem to be arranged by date of original post or most recent replies.

I'm sure I remember being able to see arrangement by date of original post/thread with newest at top. That's how it was for a long time but it recently changed. I thought it was some setting I could not figure out, but evidently not.

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 1.37.07 PM.png

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks for your help but, no. This is what I see when I used the link you provided. It doesn't seem to be arranged by date of original post or most recent replies.

I'm sure I remember being able to see arrangement by date of original post/thread with newest at top. That's how it was for a long time but it recently changed. I thought it was some setting I could not figure out, but evidently not.

View attachment 267753
This list is sorted by the first post of each thread - with the newest at the top.

So in that list, the newest threads in order are Imagineer Larry, Musical Act, Disney Parks Celebrate, Jazz Ambassadors.

rkleinlein

Original Poster
Ok I see that. So how do I get to this view from the homepage?

Sorry to be so dense, but again, I swear it was not this complicated before. Something has changed in the last several months, hasn't it? Are there really only two of us who remember it this way and want that option back?

Thanks again for your help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom