Why you love Disney

eliza61nyc

I always say that Disney is my happy place. A lot of it was nostalgia but I think one of the primary things is something that has been repeated before. when I am at the world, if only for a short time I can forget about real life.

One of the things I really commend Disney on is the attention to detail to contributes to the illusion. when you walk into the Wilderness Lodge, the music piped in, the animal "footprints" in the walkway, the grounds, the trees all contribute to you believing if only for a short while this is what it must be like in a Northwestern state park lodge. When I walk onto Main street, again the music, the guy walking buy with the colorful balloons, the facade all say, yes I'm in the turn on the century Americana.

Ted Daggett

Disney has such incredible attention to detail. You could walk through a section of the park, or a ride queue or a restaurant 100 times and each time you will see some incredible detail that you have never seen before. All of the grass is always cut perfectly, there is never a dead flower or leaf on any of the shrubs or trees. Everything is always clean. The idea of the underground corridors, and the fact that you never really see people collecting garbage, or cast members heading to work, makes everything seem even more magical. You don't ever really see police officers or other security (even though we all know they are there).

- The queues for the rides are run so incredibly efficiently. I didn't realize how efficiently Disney has people move through the ride queues until I witnessed chaos at a Six Flags last summer at almost every ride.
- The feeling that you are actually be taken to another "land". Especially at MK via the TTC. You park your car behind and take a ferry ride to this seemingly remote kingdom across the lagoon. (not as dramatic if you take the busses)
- The cast member's desire to make sure that you and your family are having a perfect vacation:
1) My daughter's first time there when she was 4 -- we bought her an ice cream cone from Story Books Treats in Fantasyland. About five steps from the counter the ice cream fell off of the cone to the floor. My daughter was kind of looking down frustrated, and upset that she lost her ice cream, and was about to start to cry, when suddenly a castmember who had been sweeping suddenly showed up with a new ice cream cone -- exactly the same as the one that my daughter had just dropped.
2) We were staying at POLY and I was looking to get a gallon of milk to eat cereal in our room. I went to the lobby and asked a cast member if he knew if there was anywhere that I could get a gallon of milk, because I didn't want to have to buy several small 10 oz bottles for $3 each. The man said that if I had a car, there was a Hess station a couple of miles away where I could get one. I said I did not have a car. He then said, "what room are you in? I can drive my car over and get a gallon of milk for you -- what type of milk?" I was initially shocked, but then told him and went back to my room. About 10 minutes later he showed up with a gallon of milk for me... I thought that was one act got me hooked on Disney's committment to customer satisfaction. (I of course tipped him hansomely)
3) We took my wife's parents with us one year to celebrate my father-in-law's 70th birthday at WDW. My mother-in-law has Ciliac disease, so is unable to eat Gluten. Our first meal on our first night there we told the waitress at Whispering Canyon Cafe that my mother-in-law could not have gluten, so she said she would be right back. Within minutes, the chef comes out of the back, and sits down at our table and goes through all of the options that were available as gluten free. He then said, just tell me what you would like, on or off the menu, and I will make it for you gluten free. She (and we) were amazed how much effort they put forth to make sure my mother in law ate comfortably.

Finally, the best part is the fact that my three kids all love going to disney, and it is a week where we can all be in one place and all are excited to be together. In our normal lives, my three kids are all running different directions in different sports and school activities and friends and we don't get to all be together. WDW lets us all be together again

wdwfamilynh

Because with each visit, there is a new experience. For example, our honeymoon was my husband's first time, 2015 was my son's first trip (at 2 years old) and this last visit (just left on Friday) was the first trip where our son could really "experience" everything. For the whole week, I was more relaxed than I have been in 2 years. Disney is so magical and makes me forget the "real" world for a while :inlove:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure I've been brainwashed since I was a little kid, watching The Wonderful World of Disney and then all the movie/IP tie-ins to the parks.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I grew up with it.

See...

When I was a child, I was overseas. There wasn't much english entertainment available, but.....without fail, there was Disney.

It is how I saw a lot of the lesser movies that I still think are underrated, like Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Robin Hood.

The power of the VHS.

Anyhow, moving on, and DisneyWorld, it was something that I knew I liked (from childhood), and wanted to experience as a teen.

And, I got the chance to do so. I was dropped off there by my grandfather, and walked the property regularly. It was, actually, my first employment attempt, though I was turned down (I was 14)...I went through the whole testing phase though.

I love Disney because it represents what we can be, what we should be... And, so, I share it with my kid to expose her as best I can to those same ideals.

Bill Bogner

My family and our friends have been going to Disney World together for 30 years. The best reason I can give is that you never have to worry about the kids getting bored. They can get tired and cranky, but never really bored. Also, when you stay onsite, you can go back to your room anytime to get rest and pool time. That's just logistics. All of us love Disney as a vacation destination with top notch entertainment. The proof of this is that we all still go to Disney together every other year because we so much fun together even though the "kids" are now in their 30's!

Magenta Panther

I love Disney because of Walt Disney. And not for his characters, but for his character - he truly was a good man. Not perfect, but good. HIS artistry and commitment to excellence is why the parks still exist and still thrive. The truly Disney aspects of the parks are the reason I go. Iger can keep his off-studio purchases. Couldn't care less. If the parks become more acquisition-based than Disney-based, then that's when I stop going. I'll find better ways to spend my time and money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom