Is Disney watching us?

DisAl

Original Poster
Most large companies have someone who monitors social media to see what people are saying about them. I wonder if Disney has anyone in that role who is watching us? If not they are missing a good opportunity to see how people feel about things. Once you filter out the junk there is some pretty good feedback and ideas on these pages.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Most large companies have someone who monitors social media to see what people are saying about them. I wonder if Disney has anyone in that role who is watching us? If not they are missing a good opportunity to see how people feel about things. Once you filter out the junk there is some pretty good feedback and ideas on these pages.
Yes they do

Cagey

eLa3e.gif

DisAl

Original Poster
My original post was relating to social media sites such as this one and how closely they are monitored by WDW as to what is being said. However, I would fully expect them to be using magic band tracking to keep up with where the crowds are in the parks. That would certainly be an easier way to monitor ride wait times than handing out the tracking tokens every so often. I would imagine they could even track down an errant child if he/she had on a magic band since each magic band has its own serial number.

JIMINYCR

They certainly do. But that doesnt mean our feedback necessarily will dictate their decisions or affect major changes. All major companies now realize the power of the internet and social media so they are kept abreast of the feelings and attitudes their potential customers have towards their brand or product, Because there are so many different sites with varying numbers of followers, they give some more of a look than others. It is used as another means of keeping in contact but not given the power to influence.

DisAl

Original Poster
So, big brother is watching big brother too?
That brings up another thought. Do you ever wonder if sometimes a leak nay not be a leak but an intentional "squirt" to get an unofficial feel for what people think or to get some free early publicity?

DisAl

Original Poster
Remember the furor a while back when somebody suggested turning the riverboat into a restaurant and closing TSI? I wonder....
Don't take these comments as being critical though. It is not as important HOW input is gathered as it is that it IS gathered.
Only problem is not everybody agrees with me! ;););)

Last edited:

Sassagoula-Rvr

If they are not, they should be...and Twitter as well...couple that with Magic Band data and you have a treasure trove of info.

On a side note, I was upset one time...sent an email to the guest relations (or whatever address it was)...saying they need more family suites...and they had a half finished resort that they could use to do that...8 months later....Art of Animation is announced...I'm not saying they took my idea...but hey a free trip wouldn't be too much to ask for just in case would it Disney? ;)

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Well if they our m, feedback doesn't mean a thing to them, it used to back in the late 2000's and it seemed like we were getting somewhere with them.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
They're always watching.

In that case:

No. I wouldn't pay $1,000 per person/per night for an immersive stay at the Star Wars Hotel. $1000 a night for a room --- maybe. Per Person for a family of four - No.

No. Other than snacks, I did not have a TS or QS meal at the MK for MNSSHP. I had a very big lunch off property before the party. Because the 5 hours I had - was spent fitting in 10 Treat locations, a parade, a fireworks show, 3 rides and some shopping. (Start it at 5. I know, you can get in at 4 - but no treats, no activities until 7).

That takes care of the last 2 surveys.

For some future surveys:

Yes. I think a resort fee is a bad idea.
No. I don't think the resorts should charge for parking.
Yes. There should be more TS dining options at the MK (HM restaurant gets my vote - and another vote for something in Tomorrowland)
Yes. Epcot needs more pavilions (Spain and Argentina would get my vote followed by Australia and Austria or Switzerland)

I'm good for now...................

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom