Why is a forum about Disney so darn popular

twag1

Original Poster
Thanks for the snarky comment. To paraphrase the old orange juice commercial...

"A thread without a Wise is like a day without sunshine."

MOXOMUMD

Been thinking about something for a while and can't come up with an answer, so thought what the heck, throw a thread out there. These folks will figure it out for me!

I'm not a big poster, but visit pretty close to every day to catch up on the latest. I used to have what I would call a "Forum Route" where I would check in on other boards on other topics that interest me.

It seems like there's a trend - due at least in part to the various social media options I would guess - that participation in standalone special interest forums seems to be declining dramatically. Some of my old haunts that have at least some traffic are dominated by a select handful of participants and that's it. Rarely any new blood.

But this one is a clear exception, at least in my circle of life, and I'm not sure why that is. It's not uncommon for threads to easily hit the hundred mark in postings and several thousands of views. And it's not just a handful of usual suspects going back and forth.

Even a thread talking about favorite bathrooms garners all sorts of attention.

I find it interesting that this forum thrives and for the most part stays on topic on just about every thread, while other similar vehicles in other disciplines are dying off. Just can't come up with a theory as to why. Or maybe it's just my perception.

Maybe you know?
Some of us have become like family. Instead of a phone call, texts or Facebook, we connect here.

Disney Nerd

I really think Disney Forums survive while most others have fallen apart to Social Media is because there is so much to talk about with Disney. You have the Parks, Movies, Music, Dining, and just any other fun experience you may have had while at Disney. There are so many people who love Disney as well and what may start out as a Disney Conversation may also lead into a friendship. I am brand new here, but I bet there have been friendships formed here because of liking Disney. I think that is great and I think it is great there is a place like this so things like that can occur.

DoleWhipperSnapper

Simple, It's Disney and people love Disney. Sure I suppose there are people that don't care for it, but most people at least like it in some way. They may not be obsessed with it like myself, but every time a movie comes out they see it. Forums like these give like minded people like ourselves a chance to ask questions and get them answers, vent, and share great experiences that in the real world and even on Social Media most people don't care to hear about.

*Piglet*

So I just turned 13 two days ago so I haven't been able to use forums like this one before now and my parents don't allow me to use Facebook or anything like that yet. So I really don't know why a Disney Forum would be active and I really don't know if this is active or not because I don't have anything really to compare it to. I just know I like Disney and I hope people on here don't mind talking to a 13 year old about there love of Disney and other stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom