What do men like most@MK? Husband coming for 1st visit.

Tony the Tigger

I want to show him, Tje Tiki Room, (sad that Haunted Mansion si closed now),Pirates and Jungle Cruise

Definitely trying to not spend time waiting in line.

Perfect. Listen to practical Tony: in the last 1-2 hours the park is open, you can do all of those in 30-45 minutes with little to no wait time in the dark when it’s cooler. It’s especially easy during or just after the fireworks.

Tiki room you can do early in the day, along with a nice train ride. Personally, I enjoy Carousel of Progress as kind of a historical thing that Walt touched - and it’s air conditioned and seated for 20 minutes. Rarely a wait. Note: could be corny/boring to some.

Goofyernmost

I certainly cannot speak for every man, but I have been to every attraction that Disney has to offer, most of the time, more than once. I liked everything, I tried not to miss a thing. It was all fascinating to me and if I could still afford it, I would still be doing it. To me likes have very little to do with enjoyment. Heck, I was entertained by the welcome sign, the outside of the buildings, the landscaping and the music along with many other things to numerous to mention. It is hard to do everything in one trip, but try or let him read the descriptions of the attractions and see if he has any opinions on his own.

Marc Davis Fan

Definitely do not miss the must-do classics:
  • The Haunted Mansion
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Space Mountain
  • it's a small world
  • Happily Ever After (fireworks)
The Magic Kingdom is certainly not at the level of Disneyland, (which has the vastly superior versions of Pirates and Space, plus Star Tours, Matterhorn, Indiana Jones Adventure, and Rise of the Resistance among much else), but MK still has enough that's worthwhile. And if time permits, almost everyone enjoys the relaxing Liberty Belle Riverboat ride and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (at night, when the line is shorter).

As other posters mentioned, have you considered visiting the other parks? The best of WDW is really outside MK, IMHO. Animal Kingdom has the incredible Flight of Passage, Kilimonjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest, and DINOSAUR attractions. Hollywood Studios has Rise of the Resistance (and the rest of Galaxy's Edge), Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Rock n' Roller Coaster, and Fantasmic! EPCOT has Cosmic Rewind, Soarin', Mission: Space (the Mars side is fun, as long as you don't get easily motion sick), LuminoUS, and of course all of World Showcase.

As others have said, so much of Disney is about relaxing and taking in the environments. Take your time on Main Street, walking along the river in Frontierland, enjoying the nighttime lighting in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, etc. And the same goes for the other parks: Animal Kingdom is stunning practically everywhere, Hollywood Studios's Hollywood-themed areas and Galaxy's Edge could be soaked in for hours, and of course World Showcase at EPCOT is at another level...

JIMINYCR

As some have said, it isnt about what "men" like but it all comes down to what interests your husband, how he likes his thrills, what entertains him, and how he wants to spend his time. Get him to watch ride through videos, read reviews in the unofficial guide book, and get a feel of all that Disney has to offer in each park. Every "man" will have a different perspective around what makes a Disney day perfect for himself.
Does he enjoy rough rides that jostle him? Does he enjoy coasters or smooth rides? Does he enjoy sitting through shows? Does he want to sit / stand for parades? Is he interested in meals that are buffet or menu select items? Does he enjoy characters and want to do many guest M& G's? How much does he want to take it easy or get as much done in the day?
Its better to give him as much info as you can and get him to decide these things.
I'm one who enjoys all Dis has and willing to fit all I can in on a trip. But my preference is give me as much thrill and action that you throw at me. I'm in the park as early as I can and stay as late as I can. But I have friends who are comfortable staying at the resort and just spend the day at the pool.

DisneyHead123

As some have said, it isnt about what "men" like but it all comes down to what interests your husband, how he likes his thrills, what entertains him, and how he wants to spend his time. Get him to watch ride through videos, read reviews in the unofficial guide book, and get a feel of all that Disney has to offer in each park. Every "man" will have a different perspective around what makes a Disney day perfect for himself.
Does he enjoy rough rides that jostle him? Does he enjoy coasters or smooth rides? Does he enjoy sitting through shows? Does he want to sit / stand for parades? Is he interested in meals that are buffet or menu select items? Does he enjoy characters and want to do many guest M& G's? How much does he want to take it easy or get as much done in the day?
Its better to give him as much info as you can and get him to decide these things.
I'm one who enjoys all Dis has and willing to fit all I can in on a trip. But my preference is give me as much thrill and action that you throw at me. I'm in the park as early as I can and stay as late as I can. But I have friends who are comfortable staying at the resort and just spend the day at the pool.
I appreciate this in theory but in practice, as one of my extended family’s trip planners, it can be like pulling teeth to get people to choose a restaurant (from a choice of, say, 3 restaurants.) Start doing so much as talking which characters are where and prix fixe vs a la carte and a glazed look followed by a groan about how complicated Disney is ensues. Not a gender thing, a Disney planner vs. not a Disney planner thing.

JIMINYCR

I appreciate this in theory but in practice, as one of my extended family’s trip planners, it can be like pulling teeth to get people to choose a restaurant (from a choice of, say, 3 restaurants.) Start doing so much as talking which characters are where and prix fixe vs a la carte and a glazed look followed by a groan about how complicated Disney is ensues. Not a gender thing, a Disney planner vs. not a Disney planner thing.
The OP's query was about rides, I threw in buffet or table service as an add on. Getting a guy to make a choice between the two shouldnt be that hard, but if you have that issue then just make the choice for him and he will have to live with what he gets. ;)

DisneyHead123

The OP's query was about rides, I threw in buffet or table service as an add on. Getting a guy to make a choice between the two shouldnt be that hard, but if you have that issue then just make the choice for him and he will have to live with what he gets. ;)
Using restaurants as an example because that should be a “simple” choice - most people are used to choosing a restaurant from time to time. If I presented my family with guidebooks to read and such they would probably stop taking my calls. 😂

Anyways, just saying - I get that ideally the OP should just talk to their husband, but sometimes getting very little input is the nature of planning. And honestly, people who are not planners often have a hard time being realistic about what they’re actually going to want. (I have had my family swear up and down ten times over that they’re sure they don’t want dinner reservations. Totally sure! This time they mean it! And then people complain they’re hungry and tired and ask if I made a reservation. Now I just plan based on what I know they’re actually going to do, not what they think they’re going to do.)

The Empress Lilly

Classic MK was built by middle aged men for middle aged men.

If he's a man who's kept a certain innocence of mind somewhere deep down and is of agreeable character, he'll be like a fish in water when walking down Main Street, gazing up the princess castle. Don't worry about finding guy stuff to do - all of it is.

TalkToEthan

What do men like most@MK?​

IMG_0073.jpeg

(simulating) MACH2!!!

IMG_0075.jpeg

SIP ON THAT THANG!!

Innovation007

Original Poster
Classic MK was built by middle aged men for middle aged men.

If he's a man who's kept a certain innocence of mind somewhere deep down and is of agreeable character, he'll be like a fish in water when walking down Main Street, gazing up the princess castle. Don't worry about finding guy stuff to do - all of it is.
He is having a great time. Thanks for your input.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom