Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Ayla

I used the new LLMP system at MK yesterday (July 25th) having purchased it at 7am on the 24th as this was my only day in MK on this trip and wanted to do as many rides as possible.
Have to say I found the system incredibly similar to the old Fastpass system, with the 3 pre visit reservations and then as soon as scanning in, being able to book another one.
I was able to get 11 LLMP bookings in the day which meant I rode every ride bar Space and Astro Orbiter at least once, which on a busy July day is incredible.
My only gripe (apart from having to pay $29 for it now) is that it's a 1 and done system per ride, as some people like to ride a specific ride 2+ in a trip.
I'd estimate I saved approx 5hrs of listed waiting time.
For me, depending on the day its now a no brainer for MK.
I want to clarify the bolded ~ with this new system, you are only allowed to bypass an attraction once for the entirety of your ticket?? That can't possibly be correct.

MickeyLuv'r

You have yet to provide these facts. I’d love to see em, and in not being snarky or sarcastic. Searching yields nothing but opinions.

I don’t think it’s logical Disney would move to a system that hurts more of its guests. I think they have better data than we do.
To some extent, WDW is always seeking ways to charge higher prices for further rationing of their product.

To some extent, every new version of FP succeeds, at least for a time, because people buy it to try it out, or they fear missing out (favorite rides)

This new version benefits WDW too because it is non-refundable. In the past, we might not have bought G+ if the weather looked iffy or we didn't feel up for a busy park day. And many of us would not have bought ILL's if we got a VQ. Now VQ's are in opposite land. If you don't buy the SPLL, then you are at the mercy of luck in getting a VQ. That a reversal of sorts.

MickeyLuv'r

To only get one use, every last ride in the park would need to be out of slots for the entire day within two hours of park opening which was physically impossible. Even on days G+ completely sold out that didn't happen. To only get three uses the whole park would need to be out of availability within 4 hours of park open. Also never happened that I could find so if it did, it was EXTERMELY rare.
Mostly I agree, but that depends what = a use.

I could always get a pass for Philarmagic, but it was 100% useless. So sure, I could always 'use' a Philarmagic pass.

Remember back in the days of paper FP, if you pulled a pass for Pooh, you also got a 'bonus' pass for Philarmagic. That wasn't actually a FASTpass, it was an ad- to steer people into Philarmagic so there were fewer vacancies. That's still true today.

WDW should add Hall of Presidents to the lineup of available passes!

MickeyLuv'r

I wonder if it’s a fastest fingers issue. By the time someone clicks through a legitimate option could be gone. If memory serves, FP+ held the times if they were showing up for you upon a refresh, but the tip board doesn’t?
This is what I want to know, and this thread doesn't have many first hand accounts. An aspect of G+ that was frustrating was the way times would jump around when choosing a pass time. You had to know to ignore the times offered until you got to the last screen just before confirming the time.

I wonder if the new version has a similar issue?

In this case, it sounds like the times offered on the tip board do not match what is actually available to book. People reported seeing say a 10am Buzz on the tip board, but they could not book it. Then when they refresh/go back to the tip board, it still says 10am Buzz is available.

Might be a temporary glitch, or just something we need to learn about the new system.

MickeyLuv'r

It’s funny because at the end of every systems ‘life’ similar claims have been made. When FP+ went away for Genie+ there was a ton of concern they were stomping out the super user (same when paper left), which is ironic given the discussion in this thread. Also relevant: I think Genie+ is being looked back on with some serious rose coloured glasses, it was not as effortless to get the high numbers out of the system as some are portraying. If it was easy, it was probably being used where it wasn’t really needed. It took work and strategizing, and a solid plan going in in order to keep things efficient. It did not work well with every single type of day. I anticipate LLMP and LLSP will be the same.

As long as it’s a system where the guest has some control, and not one with defined outcomes and a la carte purchases, the educated guest always does better. We do better at the expense of guests who don’t properly understand how to for lack of a better word, exploit the systems given. But the systems have never by design given everybody that every headliner with ease kind of day.

It isn't just purely knowing how to use FP+/G+/MPLL, but also knowing or being willing/able to use the peripheral park hours, and maybe making a few sacrifices.

It also isn't just us learning the latest system, but also how Disney tweaks each system over time. Early FP+ and early G+ both lacked the ability to modify. When FP+ first started, the only way to modify a pass was to stand in line- 20minutes- for an in-park kiosk. And that was to get an 8pm FP for the Teacups. People lost more park time in the line to get the FP than they saved by using it.

Epcot81Fan

And when I talk to people who’ve returned, they are using “magic”.

Anecdote vs anecdote.

But, fewer people can afford the trip. And the extra costs for things like LL.
Just curious, did they find paying extra for a convoluted line skipping service and then individual charges for rides per person on top of daily tickets “magical”?

TheMaxRebo

once-upon-a-time-rumplestiltskin.gif

mjspin

...US/Canada Resort Guests, at least for the first few days of their vacation.
What part of the process is limited to US/Canadian guests? Is it just the payment stage and then booking is possible from elsewhere, or is all access blocked for overseas guests until they arrive?

It’s an edge case I know, but one of our family members is in US and I’m wondering if they could go through the purchase stage and we could then make our selections from here in UK ahead of our trip in just over a week.

mjspin

What part of the process is limited to US/Canadian guests? Is it just the payment stage and then booking is possible from elsewhere, or is all access blocked for overseas guests until they arrive?

It’s an edge case I know, but one of our family members is in US and I’m wondering if they could go through the purchase stage and we could then make our selections from here in UK ahead of our trip in just over a week.
Answering my own question! I assume based on the ability of international DVC guests to pay over phone and then book on the app, same would be true if payment made in the app by someone in US. In other words, it’s the payment they required a guest to be in US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom