Yacht club vs contemporary

ToTBellHop

To be the contrarian, I would choose Contemporary. For one, I stay in the garden wing so that’s $200-400 a night less. The walk from the garden wing is very manageable.

And second, I’m a MK/Epcot person not a Epcot/DHS person. Contemporary has quick access to MK in both directions, and quick access to Epcot (but not back where you have to go the whole resort loop.). Yacht Club was nice during the pandemic but it can’t overcome the two points I mentioned above.
On my dates in August, YC is actually cheaper than Contemporary with the current deals. That pool, walking to two parks, and a single building when it rains are all factors that would set YC ahead for me.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
On my dates in August, YC is actually cheaper than Contemporary with the current deals. That pool, walking to two parks, and a single building when it rains are all factors that would set YC ahead for me.
And you can setup binoculars in your room to track the progress of the Corn Dog Stand and the Cake Shop across the lake.

UNCgolf

I think the Crescent Lake resorts are in the best location at WDW, so I'd pick Yacht Club.

Plus, the Contemporary now has those awful Incredibles rooms that look like a value resort. Although maybe not at the Garden Wing?

CAV

I think the Crescent Lake resorts are in the best location at WDW, so I'd pick Yacht Club.

Plus, the Contemporary now has those awful Incredibles rooms that look like a value resort. Although maybe not at the Garden Wing?
Agree. Those rooms are TERRIBLE! Who asked Disney, "Can you design it so I pay top dollar for a room but the rooms are decorated in bottom dollar cartoon characters?"

Nevermind what they did to the California Grill menu.

G&CsMom

Unfortunately, they carried that poor decision over to the garden wing as well. There is no escape from the cold bland vibe peppered with gaudy cartoon character stickers.

Scar Junior

For Mother's Day weekend/ my 40th bday I had booked the Contemporary Main Tower. We had a great stay at BLT in Feb/March. The crowd calendars really look like MK may be the place to be that weekend (3's and 4's at MK vs 6's). Also factoring in was my wife's MS condition and needs.

After she saw the Incredibles room I could tell she was less than trilled. Especially when she heard the AP price. This woman has been to Disney World 4 days in her whole life and she was like 'you gotta be kidding me!' We are now gonna have a bit more transportation, heat and crowds at Beach Club - Resort. - But we will have a nice room and probably be happier!

cbarry26

Yeah. The incredibles thing is WAY too much. I thought one or two touches would have been just fine but it’s just too much - the gauzy window curtains with the heads of the Incredibles was the tipping point for me. See the Mary Poppins theme over at the Grand Floridian for a prime example of subtlety

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom