Does a 60 min wait for Slinky Dog with a 9AM Lightning Lane sound right?

Minnie1986

Someone on the boards graciously recommended the website, Touringplans.com to me, and it gives you the option to plan out your day in each park with approx. wait times, etc. My plan is to get there for early entry and try to do ToT, RnR(fingers crossed it's open by then), and MMRR within the first 45-60 (including EE). The second part of my plan is to try to snag a Slinky Dog LL using Genie+ right at 7. According to Touringplans, a LL at 9:00 am would still leave me with a 60 min wait from start to finish. Granted, there very well may be people still on line from EE, but would the prediction from tourplans sound about right?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
While I can’t say for certainty a 9 am LL for SDD would be 60 minutes (my inclination says no but I have it garnered the data that Touring Plans has), I will say your ambition to accomplish ToT, RNR and MMRR in 45-60 minutes (including the 30 minutes of EE) is too high an expectation. There are many variables (delayed transport in getting to park in time for EE, delayed attraction openings) that could come into play which will only set you up for disappointment.

Even under ideal conditions, you might only get two of those three done in that time frame.

Also, EE guests do not use LL entrances but use the standby queue. Should you successfully get a 9 am LL for Slinky there should be few guests ahead of you in the LL line. (Which is why I think a 60 minute Slinky experience using Lightning Lane is not accurate.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
While I can’t say for certainty a 9 am LL for SDD would be 60 minutes (my inclination says no but I have it garnered the data that Touring Plans has), I will say your ambition to accomplish ToT, RNR and MMRR in 45-60 minutes (including the 30 minutes of EE) is too high an expectation. There are many variables (delayed transport in getting to park in time for EE, delayed attraction openings) that could come into play which will only set you up for disappointment.

Even under ideal conditions, you might only get two of those three done in that time frame.

Also, EE guests do not use LL entrances but use the standby queue. Should you successfully get a 9 am LL for Slinky there should be few guests ahead of you in the LL line. (Which is why I think a 60 minute Slinky experience using Lightning Lane is not accurate.)
I figured I was being wildly optimistic with that Early Entry plan, so one of my back ups is planning to only getting ToT and RnR since they're basically right next to each other; and getting a LL at some point during the day MMRR.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Before the other lands with headliner attractions opened you could watch the wave of guests entering the park flow towards ToT and RnRC. Now with other choices some of that opening wave diverts in other directions. But ToT and RnRC still gets a major flow of first riding guests. ToT is always my first attraction of the day.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Someone on the boards graciously recommended the website, Touringplans.com to me, and it gives you the option to plan out your day in each park with approx. wait times, etc. My plan is to get there for early entry and try to do ToT, RnR(fingers crossed it's open by then), and MMRR within the first 45-60 (including EE). The second part of my plan is to try to snag a Slinky Dog LL using Genie+ right at 7. According to Touringplans, a LL at 9:00 am would still leave me with a 60 min wait from start to finish. Granted, there very well may be people still on line from EE, but would the prediction from tourplans sound about right?
Did you input the time of the LL for Slinky into the plan after the three rides you hope to get done?

My guess is that the plan assumes you will still be doing those and therefore won’t be able to use the LL until later in the return window.

There is a forum on Touring Plans. If you posted there and shared the plan then I’m sure someone could spot why.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Did you input the time of the LL for Slinky into the plan after the three rides you hope to get done?

My guess is that the plan assumes you will still be doing those and therefore won’t be able to use the LL until later in the return window.

There is a forum on Touring Plans. If you posted there and shared the plan then I’m sure someone could spot why.
No, I didn't. Yesterday was my first time trying Touring Plans, so I'll definitely check out the forum. Thank you!!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I’ve seen your post on Touring Plans this morning!

Since you hadn’t found where to put in the LL time, I don’t think the plan will have factored in the LL at all. So the 60 minutes wait is the standby time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom