News Lynx Bus Line - Link 311 - MCO to Disney

Jahona

Original Poster
Lynx Bus will be operating a new line, route 311 from Orlando International Airport to Disney Springs. It's not direct but will have select stops including Universal, and the Orange County Convention Center. I've attached a graphic below with a breakdown of the route.

Route will operate between Disney Springs Transfer Center and Orlando International Airport with stops at Destination Parkway Super Stop, International Drive @ Destination Parkway (Orange County Convention Center), Universal Boulevard @ Destination Parkway, Florida Mall SuperStop and the Sand Lake Rd. SunRail Station. Will operate every 30 minutes daily 5:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m

Link 311 Map.jpeg

Brian

Good economic option for guests looking to avoid a rental car and the hassles of sitting in, and adding to, the traffic.

Also notable that it will service a SunRail station. Certainly not convenient, but someone could commute to Disney from as far south as Poinciana and as far north as DeBary without a car.

Last edited:

Lilofan

From the route schedule that Lynx posted it's about an hour journey from MCO to Disney. The Disney Springs Transfer Station is on the far west side near the Cirque du Soleil tent. Current 1 way ticket on Lynx is $2.00 per person.
Is Lynx going to allow guests boarding with big suitcases ?

Jahona

Original Poster
The stop at Universal Blvd is not at the resort. Even when the south campus opens next year it’ll still be a good bit away from the guest areas.
Yeah I was just looking at Google maps and realized this is a ways south of Universal Proper. I'm shocked it doesn't connect to Universal direct like Disney.

jrhwdw

Lynx Bus will be operating a new line, route 311 from Orlando International Airport to Disney Springs. It's not direct but will have select stops including Universal, and the Orange County Convention Center. I've attached a graphic below with a breakdown of the route.

View attachment 780360
Why does it even mention Universal???? Looked up that Stop on Google Maps and it doesn't look close to any UOR Park.......

TrainsOfDisney

Is Lynx going to allow guests boarding with big suitcases ?
I’ve ridden many times with my suitcase however getting your suitcase inside Disney Springs is a bit inconvenient. Most Lynx buses stop at the corner by the Hilton / Wyndham - from there it’s an easy walk to Disney Springs hotels and you can also catch the boats to Port Orleans without going through bag check at springs.

With this + Brightline, one could fairly easily go from Miami to Disney without a car.

You can still do that with mears of course. But this is certainly cheaper!

lazyboy97o

Should be extended east-west at some point, but the cost of building new rail makes that difficult...
The Sunshine Corridor will extend to the airport. There are existing rails that go a good bit of that way. It looks like the latest plans may not have SunRail going west along with Brightline, at least initially.

Dafp

I’ve ridden many times with my suitcase however getting your suitcase inside Disney Springs is a bit inconvenient. Most Lynx buses stop at the corner by the Hilton / Wyndham - from there it’s an easy walk to Disney Springs hotels and you can also catch the boats to Port Orleans without going through bag check at springs.

You can still do that with mears of course. But this is certainly cheaper!
If you can’t take luggage on Disney buses then surely boats will be the same? It’s all Disney Transport 🤷‍♀️

Dafp

I can't say with certainty, but I would expect the answer to be yes. Having the airport as an end point, they should recognize that passengers will have larger than normal bags.
But if your journey ends at Disney springs you will then need an Uber/Lyft as no luggage allowed on Disney transport 🤷‍♀️

nickys

Premium Member
But if your journey ends at Disney springs you will then need an Uber/Lyft as no luggage allowed on Disney transport 🤷‍♀️
That’s true, but it’s cheaper to get a ride share from Disney Springs to a resort than from MCO.

However you would need to get to Terminal 4 with all your luggage. Not sure whether T4 is on the monorail or not. If it is it should be OK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom