Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

DCBaker

Premium Member

Happyday

That is very thoughtful of you, although I would say you have the right to be there at the same time anyone else is there! If Disney is having trouble getting DAS times correct that is unfortunate but it’s not on you to solve that for them.
I am starting to think that this is another reason people have differing opinions if you have never been there at peak times you may not be aware of the abuse as it is not a prevalent at those times. I know that was how I felt until I started reading the posts. Also because I know we hold up lines due to our situation I feel bad for those that have to wait for us to load and unload🤷🏻‍♀️
Again I am here educating myself to what others are experiencing.

Brian

Thing is LL queues don’t immediately put you on the ride. There are many instances where getting into the LL queue is still a 20-30 minute wait. So why would someone be able to wait in the LL queue for 20-30 minutes but not a regular queue for the same amount of time?
As I said, some DAS guests still struggle quite a bit with even the LL queue. That said, most of the time the maximum DAS wait time, from tap at the entry to boarding the vehicle is about 15 minutes.

phillip9698

How many times was the LL queue and the standby queue the same and only 30 minutes?

I would love to see the data.

I highly doubt that ever occurs, though that was not the point of discussion.

The point was someone said a non-DAS
person could ride multiple rides if the queues are short but the DAS person couldn’t, in which I responded if the queues are short then the DAS person could also use that very same line and not have to wait given any implemented DAS restriction.

Last edited:

Ayla

Gee can you provide the link I’d like to know the source and how many people signed it.
According to the article @DCBaker linked, 3700 people signed it. I am sure that number will jump exponentially, now that it has hit the media and everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I highly doubt that ever occurs, though that was not the point of discussion.

The point was someone said a non-DAS
person could ride multiple rides if the queues are short but the DAS person couldn’t, in which I responded if the queues are short then the DAS person could also use that very same line and not have to wait given any implemented DAS restriction.

No they’re saying when they’re in the DAS VQ for a longer wait ride, they can do on a shorter wait standby and effectively be in line for two rides at the same time

Jenny72

The thing is, they're not really wrong. That long list of issues does make it harder to wait in line. But any group of four or more is likely to have at least one person with one of those issues. I don't see how they can all be accommodated without just making everyone DAS. And then the people who need it much more than others are not able to get it. It's just an impossible situation. Bringing wait times down overall would help differently abled people a lot.

monothingie

Turn those machines back on!
Premium Member

nickys

Premium Member
Several people have pointed out that part of accommodation is NOT separating a disabled person from their party.

When I asked if allowing a parent and child to skip the line and meet up with the rest of their party when they reach the attraction via standby, is an appropriate accommodation, I was told no. Even in a case where one parent could adequately supervise the one child.

So which is it?
People aren’t ever going to agree on this. And to be brutally honest it doesn’t matter because ultimately Disney will be the ones giving guidelines to CMs. And what you or I or anyone else on Disney fan forums think is irrelevant.

If a guest is offered an accommodation they don’t believe is appropriate, it will be up to them to explain why. They may be offered an alternative, they may not.

But I don’t think saying things like “it’s not fair” or “but I read that someone got the DAS for the exact same thing” will make a difference. A well reasoned explanation is more likely to get an alternative accommodation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom