News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

trainplane3

Additionally, the strange “rusty” wall behind the Walt the Dreamer statue that’s been behind rolling planters since World Celebration opened, while still behind planters, it’s no longer covered with a tarp. Pavement has been filled in the missing spots behind the planters as well, so it seems it will be revealed soon. Not sure what it is though…View attachment 778413View attachment 778414
Did they actually keep the rust or is it painted now? It looks smooth-ish in the pictures. I wonder if they learned from their lesson from day 1 Celebration Gardens.

Epcot81Fan

They couldn’t have centered this on Spaceship Earth or a centered focal point in the background?

It hurts my brain to look at it.

EDIT: Apparently WDI’s goal was an off-centered, awkward placement in a formally beautifully symmetrical design.

In that case - crushing it, WDI!!!

1712887943480.jpeg

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They couldn’t have centered this on Spaceship Earth or a centered focal point in the background?

View attachment 778751
From the ground, it will be a self-contained area, with no expectation of a weeny reveal.

The only reason you expect a weeny reveal is because of the height of the monorail makes it look like there should be one. But the monorail does indeed get an excellent view of the SSE weenie further up the track.

You can't orient everything to face SSE (well, one could, but it would require going back in time and building EPCOT with SSE in the dead middle).

So, you found a way to criticize it for being something it was never meant to be.

wdrive

It’s not. It’s garbage, a criticism made only so one can listen to the sounds of their own fingers tapping the keyboard. The monorail gives plenty of awkward views.

Lots of worthy criticism out there, this one is just noise. Clickbait. Garbage.

Why is it not a valid criticism?
I think the user should be free to discuss what they find noteworthy about this. You can disagree but saying that their opinion is wrong is weird. Bullying behaviour I’d call it.

lazyboy97o

EDIT: Apparently WDI’s goal was an off-centered, awkward placement in a formally beautifully symmetrical design.

View attachment 778751
Because Spaceship Earth was never the center point of CommuniCore. You’d have something even more off center and awkward if everything was skewed towards the north to align with a different point.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

View attachment 778751

Imparting cognitive dissonance to the OCD community is a design principle.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Makes the crowds look bigger!! ;)

Also, on the other side of the stage toward the center of the hub is more audience space. That's why it's open at both ends.

I hope that circular stage rotates.

wdrive

You may want to get off social media if you think people can't freely share their opinion that they think your opinion is baseless and filled with flawed logic.

It wasn’t though? They original poster just said it looks bad and should be aligned with Spaceship Earth. That’s not some baseless and flawed logic opinion that should be shut down. And you, as you often do when you disagree with someone on here, jumped down the posters throat.

wdrive

We need to silence and shun people who add nothing substantive to the discussion.

Like this conversation we’re having now? You can simply scroll past a comment if you don’t believe it has anything substantive in it. I do with hundreds of posts a day on here. The original poster shared their opinion on the topic of this thread. Why that sends people into a tizzy on here I’ll never know

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Like this conversation we’re having now? You can simply scroll past a comment if you don’t believe it has anything substantive in it. I do with hundreds of posts a day on here. The original poster shared their opinion on the topic of this thread. Why that sends people into a tizzy on here I’ll never know
Scroll past mine, then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom