News Disneyland to Electrify Autopia: Are Tomorrowland Speedway's gas cars next?

Kamikaze

If it wasn't for DL Forward, Autopia would be on the chopping block along with the lagoon. WDW doesn't have quite the same space limitations (although Tomorrowland Speedway is a prime spot for something better), but its assured if they're going to make this change at DL, they will make it at WDW.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
But the Tomorrowland speedway is so futuristic 👀

I know some may not agree with me here and they were fun to do when my daughter was younger so I certainly get the appeal with kids, but that is a good chunk of land that could be used for 1 (or more) attractions

If they switch from gas to electric cars at WDW, it would be a nice opportunity to maybe retheme it a little from just a speedway. I know there was a rumor of Candy Crush at one time or even Cars

Bocabear

Hong Kong DL opened with an electric version years ago, that was later removed to make space for IASW...I would have thought they would send the cars over to WDW back then...but it never happened sadly. WDW has the smallest track of the iterations, and the least amount of charm and design. They really need to reimagine the WDW version from the ground up...with the electric vehicles, an expanded track, with scenic and show elements... Make it feel like Disney and not International Drive. Make it feel like Tomorrowland not some strange area between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
1712066710214.png
1712066850422.png

Last edited:

tissandtully

I very much doubt there will be instant fast accel. They'd just have people slamming into the back of the car ahead over and over and over. They'll put a limiter on the low end so it doesn't instantly get full power.
Yeah, probably, a man can dream tho

Kamikaze

EV Batteries can potentially be extremely dangerous, especially ones subject to grueling conditions, rough service environment, and frequent recharges.

I loved the experience, but there is a lot of potential to do something different with the existing space.
Gasoline isn't really the safest substance in the world either.
Plus the engines get hot and can overheat, which is another potential hazard.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Gasoline isn't really the safest substance in the world either.
Plus the engines get hot and can overheat, which is another potential hazard.
For sure, but the existing cars have onboard fire suppression systems which can easily suppress any fire threat. EV battery fires caused by thermal runaway are significantly more intense than gasoline fires and are much more difficult to extinguish.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Hey if it keeps the Speedway around for the future, I’m okay with this. It’s a minor change that’s better for everyone in the long run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom