Animal Kingdom vs Magic Kingdom

Which is the better park?

• Total voters
MK hands down. AK has a lot going for it and we always have enough to do there to make it worth spending the day there while on a trip but comparing the two MK wins out. Much more entertainment, attractions and variety of things for us to do at MK. MK is always our first and last park to visit on our trips.
I agree that MK is the "better" park but AK is my favorite park. I love the theming, the animals, the ambiance and the food.

MagicRat

Animal Kingdom, you can have an adult drink whilst enjoying your day! Have a beer with wontons behind the river and the tree of life, it doesn’t get any better!

Chef Mickey

Most, if not all, sit-down restaurants at Epcot are really good. Why is MK so kakky? Now that you have me thinking about it, I cannot make sense of it.
I've asked myself the same question. WHY can't there be a good restaurant at MK? Is it because it's just "the" park and they don't have to be good? Insane. What is the best restaurant at MK? I can't even definitively say one....maybe Skipper Canteen? Which is mid at best. Crystal Palace was pretty decent when it opened after covid - they started actually cooking because I asked the manager and he confirmed "everything" is homemade now.

EPCOT has to be kind of "known" for the restaurants, so they are actually trying. I will say overall the restaurants are better at EPCOT (Le Cellier, Teppan Edo, etc) but even those are starting to lose a bit of appeal to me.

BalooChicago

MK any day. Then Epcot. Then probably Studios. We were at AK Sunday afternoon. Dinosaur was down (we’d waited in line for like an hour and got a Lightning lane that was practically useless for our troubles). Everest was down. It was raining. It was so bad that we ended up going on the Navi River ride, which we previously swore we’d never do again (once a decade is enough). Transportation needs to be addressed. Complete waste of half a day when travel is taken into account. They need a skyliner route. We would have gone back yesterday, but it wasn’t worth the travel time, so we went to MK again instead.

Mark Dunne

MK any day. Then Epcot. Then probably Studios. We were at AK Sunday afternoon. Dinosaur was down (we’d waited in line for like an hour and got a Lightning lane that was practically useless for our troubles). Everest was down. It was raining. It was so bad that we ended up going on the Navi River ride, which we previously swore we’d never do again (once a decade is enough). Transportation needs to be addressed. Complete waste of half a day when travel is taken into account. They need a skyliner route. We would have gone back yesterday, but it wasn’t worth the travel time, so we went to MK again instead.
I do feel the only parks you can hop are MK-EPCOT-H.S, Animal kingdom is in need of better transportation to link to the other parks , A.K also needs more attractions soon over the next few years ,yes Pandora's great but they must of run out of money after FOP, cos N.R.J is poor , the shaman is amazing, but that ride needs a drop for sure . something to get it going.

WaltWiz1901

Theming-wise, Animal Kingdom is on top (both in the context of this poll and in the context of WDW as a whole), but Magic Kingdom has a broader and better selection of attractions. So hard to decide which one to go with definitively...

Man, this is tough, as for me, Magic DOES have more rides, but most of them are clones from other parks and are just too calm, while Animal Kingdom has less rides (Probably due to the animal upkeep), it has Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Flight Of Passage and DINOSAUR, andyou could just go there, see the animals and not ride anything and still have a great time. Animal For Me.

Chef Mickey

I had a guest tell me the Skyliner went to AK. I said no and they doubled down.

I had a guest tell me the Skyliner went to AK. I said no and they doubled down.
IMG_0313.jpeg

It doesn’t even REACH Animal Kingdom. Were they blind?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I have been growing appreciation for Animal Kingdom over the last decade as the other 3 parks are slowly starting to lose their thematic values to me...

Tron, AKA the huge big box, ruins the aesthetic of Tomorrowland for me.
Tiana's new bayou is just completely out of place in Frontierland for me now.
Adventureland is too clustered.
Fantasyland and New Fantasyland are really all I can get behind...

Epcot is not Epcot.
Hollywood Studios is no longer showcasing the creation of movie making. (Not bad, but it's a step down for me.)

Soooooooo yes. I have to say Animal Kingdom grew from my least favorite of the 4 parks to my most favorite of the 4 parks...

...Until Zootopida, Encanto, and Indiana Jones move in... Then it'll start sliding back down the list.

erasure fan1

I have been growing appreciation for Animal Kingdom over the last decade as the other 3 parks are slowly starting to lose their thematic values to me...
Yes, it's the most coherent in theming. That's why if they can flesh out the park with a couple more headliners, and 4 or so mid to small level attractions. They have one of the best theme parks in the world. Of course that's all predicated on none of the attractions being shoehorned in. It has to all fit in. Unfortunately I don't see Disney having that capability at this point in time.

Mark Dunne

Tron, AKA the huge big box, ruins the aesthetic of Tomorrowland for me.
Tiana's new bayou is just completely out of place in Frontierland for me now.
Adventureland is too clustered.
Fantasyland and New Fantasyland are really all I can get behind...

Epcot is not Epcot.
Hollywood Studios is no longer showcasing the creation of movie making. (Not bad, but it's a step down for me.)

Soooooooo yes. I have to say Animal Kingdom grew from my least favorite of the 4 parks to my most favorite of the 4 parks...

...Until Zootopida, Encanto, and Indiana Jones move in... Then it'll start sliding back down the list.
I actually think Tron works well for M,.K, its the rest of tomorrow land that needs updating, but I'm also in favour of adventure land being bulldozed and starting again, Swiss family tree is so yesterday , and J.C is overrated ( Crazy that a sub par J.C movie has people queueing for 80 plus mins, for an attraction that's long past its best ) Indiana Jones belongs in adventure land IMO, I think EPCOT was never going to stay the same, tech is so readily available these days to everyone , the communicore pavilion just would not work now, I'm ok with guardians , i think people see G.O.T.G as a great attraction, U.O.E was tired, so i don't miss that, i think if they can put some love into imagination pavilion that would help, i like the new entrance, and dreamers point, nice to sit down in a garden style area , over to Hollywood studios, yeah that's a funny one, i love Battu, and i think T.S.L is ok, the backlot tour was fun, ( did you know they moved it to Paris, under the Cars label ) at least they still have Indiana Jones Stunt show, they could change it, but it gets full all the time I've been visiting , I agree Animal Kingdom needs something more to rpl dinoland USA, lets see what the future holds. 👍

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I actually think Tron works well for M,.K, its the rest of tomorrow land that needs updating, but I'm also in favour of adventure land being bulldozed and starting again, Swiss family tree is so yesterday , and J.C is overrated ( Crazy that a sub par J.C movie has people queueing for 80 plus mins, for an attraction that's long past its best ) Indiana Jones belongs in adventure land IMO, I think EPCOT was never going to stay the same, tech is so readily available these days to everyone , the communicore pavilion just would not work now, I'm ok with guardians , i think people see G.O.T.G as a great attraction, U.O.E was tired, so i don't miss that, i think if they can put some love into imagination pavilion that would help, i like the new entrance, and dreamers point, nice to sit down in a garden style area , over to Hollywood studios, yeah that's a funny one, i love Battu, and i think T.S.L is ok, the backlot tour was fun, ( did you know they moved it to Paris, under the Cars label ) at least they still have Indiana Jones Stunt show, they could change it, but it gets full all the time I've been visiting , I agree Animal Kingdom needs something more to rpl dinoland USA, lets see what the future holds. 👍
Nah

Walt Disney1955

This is MK in a walk, I think. I am actually surprised AK got this many votes. Hard to argue with the overall attractions and experience that MK offers. Still has the best rides and shows, so many that had Walt's personal touch as well prior to his death. Or at least they were in Disneyland and were implemented in Florida I mean.

Goofyernmost

I didn't vote because there is so little to compare that they might as well be in a different galaxy. MK is a better general land of make-believe whereas AK is a superb real life park. So it's appeal is completely different and equal in what it was designed to cover as far as interests are concerned. It is a Zoo that is Notazoo! One day I might be in the mood for fantasy and another my craving is for real living realities in our planet. Making MK my favorite one day and AK the next.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom