Animal Kingdom vs Magic Kingdom

Which is the better park?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
1-Day Disney's Animal Kingdom Park Itinerary - Disney Tourist Blog
Tickets on Sale Now for Disney After Hours at Disney's Animal Kingdom |  Disney Parks Blog
expedition-everest-blur-dusk.jpg

low-crowds-empty-cinderella-castle-magic-kingdom-disney-world-1085.jpg
magic-kingdom-disney-world-444.jpg
tron-lightcycle-run-roller-coaster-tomorrowland-magic-kingdom-disney-world-097.jpg

Let's say that you have one single day in the Orlando area, and you can only go to one of these two parks. Which would you pick?
Both parks have excellent rides, outstanding themed lands and great immersion.
Which park is superior, has better rides, more fun, etc? Which is the better park? Discuss.

J4546

As a ca resident, ak by a mile mainly cause I'm near dl which is much better than mk imo. And ak is my fave fl park even though at has the least rides

Chef Mickey

The last time that happened, I went to Animal Kingdom and had a great time.

They win the dining contest by a mile.

Still, I’m voting for MK overall.
I feel like MK has some of the worst food in Orlando. I'd rather go to Outback or Olive Garden than basically anywhere at MK and I don't like either of those. Crystal Palace I thought improved in 2023, but not anything amazing.

While technically not MK, I do enjoy California Grill, although the pricing and food portions are just stupid.

That said, AK seems really good in comparison to MK, but I'm not sure AK is still amazing. Tiffins was noticeably worse on all fronts last 2 visits.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

I feel like MK has some of the worst food in Orlando. I'd rather go to Outback or Olive Garden than basically anywhere at MK and I don't like either of those either. Crystal Palace I thought improved in 2023, but not anything amazing.

While technically not MK, I do enjoy California Grill, although the pricing and food portions are just stupid.

That said, AK seems really good in comparison to MK, but I'm not sure AK is still amazing. Tiffins was noticeably worse on all fronts last 2 visits.
Tiffins was excellent for us two weeks ago. Sometimes it depends on what you order. Only one time in all these years was it “meh,” and I think I just ordered something too gamey for my taste.

Mark Dunne

I'm sure theirs a reason that most people start there vacation in MK, We do, as its like stepping back into bygone era , its a truly magical feeling, AK is lovely no doubt, but for me where else can you ride attractions from years gone by, plus new editions like TLC, foods like hotdogs! American sundaes ! candy store ! turkey legs ! and Harbour house is a nice place with a great tasting fish burger IMO, take a boat around mark twain river, steam train around the park, the front entrance that you walk under with the station above , if your a first timer, as you take that walk under those small arches, then exit to OMG look at the castle, priceless !!

Mark Dunne

As much as I love AK, it doesn't have enough to do (for us) to fill a day. MK can entertain me from dawn til dusk. 17 months to go 😁
I'm excited for you , ever time we come back to the uk, I'm straight onto WDW in UK for the next years offers , yeah its an addiction, but the best kind !! have a great time 😍

nursejackie

I'm excited for you , ever time we come back to the uk, I'm straight onto WDW in UK for the next years offers , yeah its an addiction, but the best kind !! have a great time 😍
They've released 2025 resort bookings but the UK offers are not usually released until April so I have another month of waiting at least before I can book for 2025, then the countdown can begin again 😁

Mark Dunne

They've released 2025 resort bookings but the UK offers are not usually released until April so I have another month of waiting at least before I can book for 2025, then the countdown can begin again 😁
You can still book, then in April you'll receive an e mail stating that offers are released and they will swap you onto the latest and best offer, the reason we do this , is at least we have a flight and a room booked, I'm waiting for the flights to be released for January, we come over the 21st-31st jan 2025, as soon as we landed, looked around at dull ole UK, i have to get back into my Disney head again 🤭 , we are actually gonna enquire on DVC, as we spend a small fortune each year coming over to WDW, add the figures up and see what happens, but it's the flight money that we have to think about.

jloucks

I feel like MK has some of the worst food in Orlando. I'd rather go to Outback or Olive Garden than basically anywhere at MK and I don't like either of those. Crystal Palace I thought improved in 2023, but not anything amazing.

Most, if not all, sit-down restaurants at Epcot are really good. Why is MK so kakky? Now that you have me thinking about it, I cannot make sense of it.

erasure fan1

The only answer I can give is Magic kingdom. It really is the only park that has what I consider a proper set of attractions. So while I believe that animal kingdom could be one of the best parks in the entire world. It's at least 2 major rides and 3 mid-level rides away. So until then, it's magic kingdom all the way.

JIMINYCR

MK hands down. AK has a lot going for it and we always have enough to do there to make it worth spending the day there while on a trip but comparing the two MK wins out. Much more entertainment, attractions and variety of things for us to do at MK. MK is always our first and last park to visit on our trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom